• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An easy way to get an ISJR off of Uair

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I was messing around earlier and I discovered that if you jump, and almost immediately double jump(a frame or two after the first jump), plus a buffered Uair, you will get an ISJR off of the Uair. Which leads directly to infinite ISJR Uairs.

The only other method I know is to full hop Nair -> bair -> infinite ISJR Uairs, but that takes a lot more time to do. The benefit to this method is that it's a lot faster and you get more vertical range on your initial Uair (as compared to a regular SH Uair). It's easy to time too, as there seems to be an opening of at least 2-3 frames for the double jump.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we can Uair across the stage if we have good timing for the infinite Uairs. Unfortunately, the developers decided to make buffering for Uairs ******** for some reason, so if you mess up the infinite Uairs, you're likely going to accidentally buffer a Usmash or Utilt.

Anyways, if no one can make sense of what I'm saying, I'll put a video up soon. It's pretty simple though, and I think it's worth looking into.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
What buttons do you think are the easiest to perform this? I normally do Y > c-stick up for SH Uair, but maybe control stick up and A would be easier, since it doesn't become an upsmash?

@HomE

Smash Ace
What buttons do you think are the easiest to perform this? I normally do Y > c-stick up for SH Uair, but maybe control stick up and A would be easier, since it doesn't become an upsmash?
I'd much rather do a Usmash by mistake, than do a Utilt by mistake...

/i use Y -> Cstick for my SH Uairs

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I use X + up A. This seems like it might be a bit difficult to perform with the C-stick, though I haven't tried it. The infinite Uairs would probably be impossible though.

Anyways, anyone else been able to recreate this?

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I use X + up A. This seems like it might be a bit difficult to perform with the C-stick, though I haven't tried it. The infinite Uairs would probably be impossible though.

Anyways, anyone else been able to recreate this?
<-- ISJR master right here, if you want to know any variations of it, let me know :]

Top Bottom