• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 2! April 17th, Port Coquitlam, BC. WE NEED MORE SET-UPS!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The first Phoenix event was very successful, with a total of 14 teams and 29 singles entrants, smashing the record attendance for any BC Brawl tourney in recent history! For the next event, we're hoping to break the record again, and with any luck, we'll be able to get some OoP players down for this.

Venue:

Home Video 3274 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam - (604) 941-9313

Fees and Prizes

Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles $5 per person
64 Singles*: $5

*Dependant on interest/# of set-ups

Pot will be split 45/20/15/10/5/5 for Brawl Singles if there's more than 16 entrants, 60/30/10 for Brawl Doubles and Brawl Singles for 16 entrants or less, and 70/30 for 64 singles.

Schedule**:

10:00am - Venue Opens, Brawl doubles registration
11:00am - Brawl doubles
2:00pm - Brawl singles registration
2:30pm - Brawl singles pools
3:30pm - Brawl singles bracket
9:00pm - Venue closes

There will be a 64 singles tournament in there when one of the events is not too busy.

**Schedule is likely to change

Rules

3 Stock
8 Minutes
Sets of best 2 of 3.
Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5
Items are to be set to "Off" and "None".
BYOC (Bring your own controller.)
Dave's Stupid Modified Rule will be used. (Player may not counterpick to the last stage they won on.)
Dumb Stages can be used. (Any stage can be played on if both players agree).

Sets will proceed in this format:
1. One player/team will choose one of the Neutral stages to strike. The other player/team will then strike an additional two stages, followed by a final strike by the first player/team. The first match will be played on the remaining stage. Alternately, players can choose a random stage or select a specific stage if both players agree.
2. Winner of the first match bans a stage, the loser counterpicks a stage, the winner picks their character and then the loser picks theirs before the second match is played.
3. Step 2 is repeated until the set's winner is determined.

In the event of a time out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage. If a tie exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

The 50 ledgegrab rule is in effect (You may only grab the ledge 50 times in a match). Players who suspect their opponent have grabbed the ledge more than 50 times must call it before they leave the results screen, otherwise we will not be able to enforce this rule.

Any action used to cause the match unfinishable (freezing or other glitches) will result in the forfeit of the match by the initiator.

Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned. Standing infinites are banned. Ice Climber's Fusion glitch is banned.

Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. For any disobedience of this rule, we'll punish as we see fit.

We will be adding rules as needed, and without notice. The final word comes down to myself or another TO's decision.

Stagelist:

Neutral
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Seige
Pictochat
Jungle Japes

Housing:

Since LFL will not be in town for this event, the rest of us are going to have to step it up to make sure everybody who needs it has housing. Everybody who can have any number of players stay overnight needs to speak up! I will be able to squeeze one, maybe two people into my dorm room for this (my dorm room is TINY; just ask bundtcake =P). We need to make sure any OoP players will have a place to stay!

Setups:

Some of the venue's TVs set aside for the previous Phoenix were unable to be used for various reasons, but they will hopefully be providing a few more, so we're looking at roughly 8 TVs from the venue. That number was enough for the first event, but if we want this to be bigger, we're going to need more TVs! We also need a lot of Wii + Brawl set-ups; we won't be getting any of those from the venue, and we certainly don't want to see the venue's TVs go to waste...!

TVs: 10-11
Venue: ~8
Blunted_Object10: 1 (maybe)
Meta: 2 (if he gets a ride from Coquitlam...!)

Recording Set-ups: 2
Grimice: 1
Asa: 1

Wiis+Brawl: 8-10
Clouderz (1) + Melee
bundtcake (1) + Melee
Blunted_Object10 (1) + Melee
Meta (2) + Melee (?)
Grimice (1)
StarWaffle (1?)
Asa (1-2)
Blue Yoshi (1)

64+SSB: 3
bundtcake (1) (Virtual Console)
Blue Yoshi (1)
Karupin (1)

Attendence:

If you are able to attend, please post, and I'll put you on the list. A star denotes that the person is unconfirmed. Bold means they're out of province.

1. Firefly
2. Blunted_Object10
3. smash_mash
4. Deap
5. Clouderz
6. breez
7. Blue Yoshi
8. Karupin
9. Asa
10. bundtcake
11. T-Paine
*12. Meta*
*13. HNG*
14. Terodactyl Yelnats
15. Barett
16. pacman9269
*17. Ic0nic*
*18. cedrick*
*19. StarWaffle*

:005:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
If it's the 24th i'll probably be able to make it and bring IHT with me but i don't know if i'll have money by the 17th so i guess you can put me and IHT down but un-confirmed

Clouderz

Smash Ace
i can bring wii + brawl + melee
BUT I WONT HAVE A SENSOR BAR CAUSE I FORGOT IT AT THE VENUE AND IDK WHERE IT IS NOW >.<
but w/e

uh, both dates are fine for me
NO JUNGLE JAPES OR PICTCHAT

60/30/10!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, EVERYBODY VOTE FOR 60/30/10 THATS WHERE THE $$$ IS

breez

Smash Ace
Stages should stay banned. IMO there should be a 50 ledge grab limit rule, but I know anti-mkers will whine, so whatever. Pot split doesn't matter to me - although I have to vote for a 10$ each for doubles - anyone else with me? Lets hype up doubles :p

Attending.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Stages should stay banned. IMO there should be a 50 ledge grab limit rule, but I know anti-mkers will whine, so whatever. Pot split doesn't matter to me - although I have to vote for a 10$ each for doubles - anyone else with me? Lets hype up doubles :p

Attending.
ohh

you want to lose more money right ben?? XD

okk 10$ sounds good:)

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
confirm me for this.
1.24th sounds awesome
2.Keep them as CPs
3.Ledge grab...keep it at 30?
4.Top 6 pay out is good :D
Triangle.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
i can bring wii + brawl + melee
BUT I WONT HAVE A SENSOR BAR CAUSE I FORGOT IT AT THE VENUE AND IDK WHERE IT IS NOW >.<
but w/e

uh, both dates are fine for me
NO JUNGLE JAPES OR PICTCHAT

60/30/10!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, EVERYBODY VOTE FOR 60/30/10 THATS WHERE THE $$$ IS
hmmm hey cloud i think i might have a sensor bar i dont need...i can give it to you if i find it..

i dunno...but yea u think pot should prob be 60/30/10

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
karupin MM

this time no 14 cents!!

cents are for kids

im a man:bee:
Depends on how much $$ i got at the tourney
I was low on cash at the tourney, so I had to refuse all the MMs people asked for at the tourney...(although 3/4 of them came from you Deap xD)

Look on the bright side ;) you were the only person to have a MM with me, even if it was only 14 cents...

Blunted_object10

Smash Master

Attending.
I 100% agree with this man! Stages should stay banned and $10 each for doubles!

hype for cupcakes again

or cookies

what do you guys want
Cookies! =D

ikool

Smash Apprentice
This is waaaaaay too close to finals to even think of attending...

All I can say is "GL HF" to all smash players, :)

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
Can't confirm myself yet... But I'd like to make a note that the last tourny the venue was left a mess, subway bags and crap everwhere.

please respect the place that's hosting us/providing tvs.

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
This is waaaaaay too close to finals to even think of attending...

All I can say is "GL HF" to all smash players, :)
no johns, 1st year is ez game

maybe for both dates
unban japes and pictochat
$5 doubles, but lets have a $5 crews event and get it recorded, maybe 6v6?
cookies, asa

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Can't confirm myself yet... But I'd like to make a note that the last tourny the venue was left a mess, subway bags and crap everwhere.

please respect the place that's hosting us/providing tvs.
Very much this. There were probably 20 or so cans and bottles left behind, as well as all the litter that was left laying around, and it would be nice if this stuff got tossed rather than just being left there.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
64 will happen if, and only if there are enough set-ups to have it running on a TV or two while Brawl is happening. If we say we're going to have a Melee tourney as well, we probably wouldn't be able to accomidate it and still have Brawl running smoothly. This is especially true if people don't confirm set-ups, which only Clouderz has done so far. You guys don't want to get 1-upped by a little kid, do you? :embarrass

bundtcake

Smash Ace
whoo phoenix 2 :D

Anyways, my math final is on the 24th, soooo I would personally prefer the 17th... :p

also I can bring a wii + brawl/melee/VC 64

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
whoo phoenix 2 :D

Anyways, my math final is on the 24th, soooo I would personally prefer the 17th... :p

also I can bring a wii + brawl/melee/VC 64
S***...would you be able to make it on the 24th at all? o.0 I think I'm leaning very slightly towards the 17th right now, but I'd like to know just in case.

Also, double chocolate chip cookies for the victory! =D

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Nnnope, not really, it's at 7pm so I'd only be able to go for doubles, but I shouldn't be going to a tourney BEFORE my final, anyways. If my final was in the morning I'd try to make it for singles in the afternoon, but that isn't the case unfortunately :p

also: snickerdoodles and peanut butter cookies! O:

Top Bottom