• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: A Cool Cats Approach to Competitive Brawl 2 St. Louis, MO July 31st

Radium88

Smash Lord

This is happening in David’s (Teh Future) basement. That means it is at someone’s house. Please respect that and don’t make too large of a mess to clean up after.

4229 Golden Wheat Dr.
63304 St. Charles, MO

-DO NOT PARK IN THE DRIVEWAY. Cats be leavin and stuff. Park in the street. The address to my house is 4229 and is on top of the garage. My house will be on the left side if you are turning onto Golden Wheat from dingledine, and on the right if you are turning onto Golden Wheat from Haversham (something like that lol)

-Anyone that wants to stay at my house on saturday is welcome to, there will be extra fun times after the tourney :D and there will probably be people up all night. Anyone staying at my house on sat needs to leave by 3 pm on sunday cause thats when I go to work.

CONTACT INFO:

David (Teh Future): the_real_david_polcyn@yahoo.com or call (636)-345-1669
Rauleen (Radium88): craziepinay88@gmail.com or call (314) 616-6162

OoS people:If OoS do happen to decide to attend our monthly, please comment on verifying that you are actually coming and a good approximate on how many people are attending. We want to make sure to accommodate not only for housing but to make sure we have enough set ups and room. But that would be BA. Remember payout will be off of a $5 entry fee. Also, pleeeaassee bring your own pillow and blanket. We might not have enough if everyone doesn't bring one :ohwell:

SCHEDULE AND PAYMENTS:

*Venue Fee (mandatory): $5.00
Singles: $5.00
Doubles: $5.00

*Venue fee goes toward food/drink (including soda, COOOOOKKIIIIEEEEESSSS, and pizza!) which will be available to everyone. Any money left over will be split and added to the singles pot amount and bonus pot for HD 2 (Thanks David). You spend 15 dollars for two events plus food and drink. You won’t find a better deal anywhere!

Singles:

60%
30%
10%

Doubles:

60%
30%
10%

11:00A.M. Registration
12:00P.M. Singles pool begins
2:00 P.M. Doubles begins
4:00P.M. Singles begins
Time is not an issue on when we end. Yay! (=^.^=)

General Rules(Singles and Doubles):

• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above will be played out for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with a character initiating a suicide KO(ex: Bowser’s sideB or Kirby’s neutral B offstage) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death with be ignored and that game will count as a win for the initiator.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Pools:
Pools will be played to determine seeding prior to the double elimination bracket that will determine each player’s placing. Each player will play every other person in their pool using the set format.
*more experienced players will be asked to lead their pools in recording results

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure *
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. This is done by one player telling a tournament organizer which character they are going to choose while the other player chooses their character on screen
*Stage Striking procedure is done by each player striking a neutral stage until there is only one left. Disagreements over which player strikes first will result in rock-paper-scissors. The winner determines who will strike first

Stage List:

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Counter:

Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:

• Life Stealing is allowed
• Set team attack to ON
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

Any questions or concerns over the General Rules should be PM to Teh Future on Smash World Forums or e-mail to the_real_david_polcyn@yahoo.com

ATTENDING (Tentative):

Teh Future :popo:
Radium88 :kirby:
Legan :link:
MetalMusicMan :falco:
AltF4 :diddy:
TP :metaknight:
Tmacc :dedede:
Nicole :peach:
Cook :olimar:
Clove :samus:
FightAdamantEevee :lucas:
Magnum :sonic:

Nuris

Smash Lord
I plan on coming to this first one, but if they continue I dunno how regularly I will be able to make it.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Try and get a ride figured out Luke, and let me/rauleen know when you know if you're going.

edit:

may possibly come if there are people willing to drive from iowa.
oh wow this is def meant to try and build the local community, but Iowa is more than welcome to come if you cats want. Just be sure that everyone coming knows the entry fee is less than usual

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Alright David. If Cody says no, then I'll talk to you or Rauleen and see if something can be worked out, if even only one time. (Should have my car after this so this might be the only time I need a ride.)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this is too far away :[

edit joker how did you make that and how can i make one

Tmacc

Smash Lord
This is gonna be awesomeeeeeeeee!

Iowa should totally come, especially since I haven't met you cool people much! :D

And that Electabuzz reminds me of if Steve were a Pokemon, but had David's voice. =)

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hahahhaa @ Tmacc.

Zomg, if IA comes, that'd be awesome.

But seriously, if you guys are wanting to come, please tell us so we can be prepared to accommodate you guys and to make sure we are prepared to have enough set ups or whatnot.

I miss you guys :[
Oh Lain...You coming to the Showdown in June?

Cook

Smash Master
Lain, come to this and party with us! I'll $5 mm you and that will totally make the trip worth it for you!

Nicole

Smash Champion
Ripple, I thought you quit? Welcome back, maybe? Just so you know, I would team with you, but so would all of STL probably. :/

Lain, come to this! What else have you got to do on April 24th?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll go to locals and see you guys <---main reason for going to these

IDK if I'll go any farther OOS. except MLG

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I'm definately going to try to come to this. Gonna see how I do with Lucas and my new GnW. Also, does anyone know if GnW Uairing someone in helpess state is considered stalling if you don't do anything but Uair? /end nub question

Teh Future

Smash Master
Also, does anyone know if GnW Uairing someone in helpess state is considered stalling if you don't do anything but Uair? /end nub question
considering this isn't going to happen Im going to say lol.

fogo you live in texas why are you in here D::::;

Rules are set in stone for this for now

I'll go to locals and see you guys <---main reason for going to these

IDK if I'll go any farther OOS. except MLG
Awesome! See you thar

Important stuff:

I wasn't expecting anybody to be interested that doesn't live in stl. You guys are more than welcome to come, but if you want housing please say so asap so we can figure things out.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Don't chase the possible OOS people away. I think STL will have plenty of housing for anyone who wants it.

TP

Smash Master
Put MK by my name, might as well be an MK main if I'm going to be an MK main.

I'll try to bring Wash U students to this, if I can't I'll need a teammate.

HYPE!

Top Bottom