• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can Wario SDI & Punish

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
This thread was created to list the moves that Wario can SDI. This can help get out of bad situations, punish, and even get an unexpected kill. The more help the better! DMG WHERE U AT?

--Difficulty level--
Easy
Medium
Hard

Your F***ing crazy if you can do this

:metaknight:
Fair
- SDI in/up > Fart
Jab
You can SDI out of it + Powershield + FTilt
Ftilt
You can SDI the way MK is looking to avoid the last hit (Hard and only capable of doing if the FTilt gets you far)
Tornado
You can SDI up on the initial attack frames to pop up a bit from the nado and FF a Dair sometimes I hit MK out of tornado with Nair
:snake:
Nair
diagonal opposite to where he is going
Ftilt
SDI snakes ftilt the first hit if you SDI towards him you should get behind him and be able to punish him
SDI through snake on reaction and grab/fsmash him
1st Jab > FTilt: SDI the first Jab Down and hold your shield, if you do so you are going to powershield 1st FTilt hit.
Dair
You can SDI up and FF a Nair and proceed for a grab/bite
Jab
SDI the way Snake is looking to Powershield last hit
:diddy:
Fsmash
SDI towards him
SDI the oposite side he's facing and up to avoid the second hit
Up smash
SDI away from him
Dash attack
SDI the oposite way diddy is coming and upwards, after that I land sometimes a bair but its kinda risky.

:falco:
Jab
- SDI up/in > clap
- SDI up/in >nair
- SDI up/in > fart
Fair
SDI Up and away from it
Nair
SDI to his back and clap if he's high enough
Uptilt
If you predict it just SDI DOWN and DSmash /Fsmash
:popo:
Uptilt
SDI away + down > tech
:marth:

:wario:
Grab release >Fart
SDI down > tech
:dedede:

:pikachu2:
Dsmash
SDI up
:olimar:

:lucario:

:gw:

:pit:

:toonlink:

:zerosuitsamus:

:kirby2:
Jab
SDI up/away
Jab against a wall
SDI in so u push kirby back, then SDI out.
Fthrow>upair
Avoid getting punished even further SDI up and away once in contact with the upair. Prevents a grab.
:rob:
Up air (rising)
Down + away left/right
Up air (descending)
up+away
:dk2:

:peach:

:fox:

:luigi2:

:wolf:

:shiek:

:squirtle:

:ivysaur:
Bullet seed
SDI left/right (whichever your closest to) + down
:charizard:

:sonic:

:ness2:

:bowser2:
Dsmash
Up + away
:lucas:

:ike:

:yoshi2:

:mario2:

:falcon:

:samus2:

:jigglypuff:

:zelda:
Dtilt
dtilt has to be SDI away from her
:link2:
Up smash
SDI up and away from him

:ganondorf:

:random: Generally to avoid jab->grab you want to SDI up and away (and then dj or do something else). This is very important to learn with Wario

Padô

Smash Lord
We got a similar project on the Brazilian Forums named: Multiple Hit SDI Guide. We just discuss EVERY multiple hit move in the game that can be SDI'd.

I'll SURE help you with it Dyno.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You can SDI snakes ftilt the first hit if you SDI towards him you should get behind him and be able to punish him.

The last hit of Marth's Dancing blades can be SDI the green version.

Diddy kong's fsmash SDI towards him

Diddy Kong's usmash SDI away from him

Link's Usmash SDI up and away from him

Zelda's dtilt has to be SDI away from her.

Pikachu's down smash SDI up

That's all I know and the Diddy stuff may be wrong.

Padô

Smash Lord
Ok. Heres my first contribution.

MK:

Jab: You can SDI out of it + Powershield + FTilt (Easy)
FTilt: You can SDI the way MK is looking to avoid the last hit (Hard and only capable of doing if the FTilt gets you far)
Tornado: You can SDI up on the initial attack frames to pop up a bit from the nado and FF a Dair sometimes I hit MK out of tornado with Nair (Medium)

Snake:

Dair: You can SDI up and FF a Nair and proceed for a grab/bite (Easy)
Ftilt: SDI through snake on reaction and grab/fsmash him (Hard)
Jab: SDI the way Snake is looking to Powershield last hit (Hard)
1st Jab > FTilt: SDI the first Jab Down and hold your shield, if you do so you are going to powershield 1st FTilt hit.

Diddy Kong:

DashAttack: SDI the oposite way diddy is coming and upwards, after that I land sometimes a bair but its kinda risky. (Medium)
Jab: You can just like Falco's jab. (Easy)
FSmash: I usually SDI the oposite side he's facing and up to avoid the second hit (HARD)

Falco:

Fair: SDI Up and away from it. (Easy)
Nair: SDI to his back and clap if he's high enough. (Medium)
JAB: already metioned
Utilt: If you predict it just SDI DOWN and DSmash (easier) or FSmash him. (Hard)

Asa

Smash Hero
masky can you post a vid of you doing that

that sounds cool

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
DMG has done it in a video. If you know it's coming, and it has a lot of hitstun (like knees and full wafts), you can do crazy things.

I personally like SDIing jabs into the ground, as many jabs don't have enough hitstun for you to SDI up and then jump. If you're on the ground you are now in a rock-paper-scissors situation, though rolling away tends to be very safe.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I really need to learn to SDI better. I've heard smart bombs in training mode is good, but is there a way to get it into muscle memory if you don't have anyone to practice with?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I greatly appreciate all the help. Please add how you can punish like with falco's jab: SDI up/in>upair

Asa

Smash Hero
i believe yoshi's bair is up/in

toon link fsmash sdi up first hit

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
You can also SDI the first hit of TL's FSmash down and perfect shield the second hit and punish with anything.

Asa

Smash Hero
how do you sdi pits fsmash?

down?

I saw a vid where ally got hit into the ground and teched a pit fsmash

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Things with horizontal knockback can be SDId onto floors and teched. Things with vertical knockback can be SDId into slants and walls and teched.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
lol Dyno don't put the full waft tech as "Your F***ing crazy if you can do this"
It's actually really easy to do if you just practice with a friend a few times (QCSDI and use the c stick makes it easier)

Another thing you can SDI: DMG has mentioned this before (probably as a joke), but MK's nair has 2 hits, so if you get hit by a sh nair you can SDI the first hit inside MK into the second hit and SDI the second hit into the ground (and then tech and punish). I've done it and trust me, that is deserving of the title "Your F***ing crazy if you can do this" lol
I guess i put that there because wario should never be grab released by another fellow wario and since its wario's strongest thing out of GR.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Grab releasing in the Ditto? Sweet.

I will add to this list in a sec

Padô

Smash Lord
I teched sooooo many Falcos/Foxs DSmash by SDI'ing brutally down. Teched a Ike GR UTilt into PKMN Stadium 1 Fire Stage Tree was pretty neat since it was my last stock on a CrewBattle.

@Asa

If he gets you really close to his body SDI inwards, in case he gets you far from his body SDI out and down so you can powershield or sometimes don't even get hit by the 2nd hit. It's a fast attack so you gotta have good reflexes.

OMG there are so many possibilities with Wario since he's so floaty yet SO FAT, I LOVE this.

Padô

Smash Lord
@SA

There is a way to SDI and fart it but I can't remember it right now.

King DeDeDe:

Uair: If the stick hitbox catches you SDI Down + Uair, if the Hammer Hit box hits you SDI up and the way DDD is facing to avoid the last hits (Easy)
Dair: If he is rising a Dair just SDI Down (Easy), If he's doing is while you were in the air SDI brutally up and you should try anyaerial you got :) (Medium)
Jab: SDI up and away to avoid the grab if he's too close to you (Easy)
SideB (Waddle Doo): SDI ASAP away from it or away and up to avoid an inconvinient grab or DSmash/FSmash (Easy)

Snake:

Dair: If it gets you in the Dair SDI up and you pop right up Snakes Head. (Easy)

Olimar:

Uair: If executed on SH SDI up and away from it to get over the last hit, If its a rising Uair SDI down + Clap) (Medium, Easy if White/Blue Pikmin, you mad if you do that with Yellow Pikmin)
UTilt: SDI Up and away to avoid the small knockback it does (Easy)
Nair: Well this is about whats better for us, sometimes I SDI it Up and Away to avoid the last hit and getting comboed BUT by doing this you can get USmashed/Dsmashed sometimes which a really usual Olimar combo so we can conclude that getting hit by the last hitbox of the move is good sometimes.
DTilt: You can SDI through Olimar + Clap, but no Olimar is stupid enough to use this move lol.

KarlR

Smash Cadet
when you say "sdi away" I assume the direction doesn't matter? or is there an ideal direction like always sideways for instance.

edit: this is for diddys upsmash

Top Bottom