• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSU Tourney 04/03/10

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
So I'm having a Melee singles tournament at Michigan State. It will take place on campus at Phillips Hall in the second floor classrooms.

Where
Here's a map of campus (Phillips is in the top right): http://maps.msu.edu/files/MSUcampus.pdf

There is a lot across the street from Phillips where you can park for free.

The tourney will take place in C202/204 Snyder-Phillips Hall. Go upstairs when you get into Phillips and walk towards Snyder. If you get lost, there should be people around who can help you.

Price: $3/person, ($6/team)

Schedule
12-1pm: Registration
1pm-3pm: Pools**
3:30pm-it ends: Singles Bracket
After Singles (if there's atleast 8 teams): Doubles Bracket
By 10:00pm: Leave

**We will only have pools if we get 40+ people. Otherwise, we'll just run a bracket at 1pm

Rules (copied straight from the Herb3 thread)
* Items off.
* DQ rule. If your match is called and you do not show up, you forfeit that set after 5 minutes of being called.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Gentlemen's Rule.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Pokemon Stadium

Banned:
Everything else + Fountain of Dreams in Doubles

1 Stage Ban per person/team
4 stocks
8 minute time limit

Singles Payouts
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%
4th-entry fee back ($3)

Doubles Payouts
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Be on time. There will be no exceptions to that DQ rule up there.

*** Pools will most likely be made up of 5 people, with 3 making it out. Ties in pools will be broken by head-to-head, then overall record.
**** Bring set-ups if you can. No monetary incentive. Just do it for the good of the tourney running smoother.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Wes and I may want to come up for this and see you guys again. But I'm currently having some money troubles until mid-April so I probably can't. :(

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I'll ask around and see. The classroom is perfect, we just need more time.

There will more than likely be a smashfest/party at my place afterwords.

and if there isn't a ton of people, fitting doubles in wouldn't be that hard. Gauging the amount of people will be hard though.

Rat

Smash Lord
bigy can I get a ride to this (i'm in GR and it's like almost on the way.)

Plus I need to put trail back in his place. 3rd at smym what a joke.

alcoady

Smash Ace
yeah rat, i could pick you up fer sheezie
i'll prolly be headed that way anyhow to grab chris and andrew
pm me your phone number so we can set taht **** up

also i'm feelin some crew battles for sure

Kels88

Smash Lord
yeah rat, i could pick you up fer sheezie
i'll prolly be headed that way anyhow to grab chris and andrew
pm me your phone number so we can set taht **** up

also i'm feelin some crew battles for sure
Bigy, if i can get to your place that Friday night could i get a ride with you?

Top Bottom