• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Forward B

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright, so i'm not sure if this deserved it's own thread or not, but basically....

i was interested in finding a list of characters who have 2 different kinds of forward b's (smashed and tilted). here's a list of the characters that i can think of off the top of my head, and also the effects that will happen if you smash forward b instead of tilting forward b. in no particular order:

1) Link - Boomerang will go further (about twice as far maybe? not too sure lol)
2) Young Link - same as link
3) Samus - missiles will be stronger, move faster, but will not home in on opponents. these missiles also come out faster, giving samus less lag
4) Peach - will go slightly further. this makes wall bombing possible
5) Pikachu - will go slightly further, aiding in recovery. also reduces the time to fully charge by about 1/2 a second.

these are the only characters that i'm 100% sure about. it'd be awesome if someone could test ALL of the characters, and see if there are any more differences. i would imagine that maybe pichu and luigi have smash forward b's as well, but it'd be awesome if someone could test all of the characters

something that would help out SO much would be if someone could make a VIDEO showing the differences of each characters tilt forward b and smashed forward b. please and thank you :)

keeper

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff?
Yeah. Rising and Downward pound... Smashing it does nothing

Also, don't forget you can angle Link and Young Link's boomerang, but this is a thread about smashing them. How did people seriously not know smash boomerang goes further?

Smashed Luigi Green Missile DOES go further.
Smash Pikachu Skullbash does go further. (these two go the same length)
Smash Pichu Skullbash does go further. (same distance as the above two as well)

Samus does Super Missiles when doing smashed side-b instead of doing heat-seeking (I thought everyone knew this?).

Link's boomerang, when doing a linear smash one, goes about 1.3 to 1.5 times the distance of the unsmashed throw.
Young Link's looks to go about twice the length of the unsmashed throw.

Peach does go further when doing the smash.

I'm really sure that's it.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Marth and Roy's side B's are different depenfng on the angle you tilt the stick and stuff too.

Vist

Smash Champion
yea luigi's does go a little bit further when u smash it, like from one edge to the middle of the stage on yoshis (smashed) or just slightly before it (not smashed). Anyway, for some reason I didn't know this... i would usually just press forward regularly with luigi looool *hangs head in shame* ........ btw i main luigi *hangs head even lower*

and someone recently told me about smashing peach's forward b in order to do the bombing thing on walls. I figured I just sucked at peach every time I tried it before then since it NEVER worked lmao

AXE 09

Smash Master
Yarharr. I thought Axe just wanted stuff about smash ones though. =\
this

so.... the list that i have so far is

pikachu
pichu
link
young link
samus
peach
luigi

is that ALL of them??

also, i guess it wouldn't hurt to have a list of the characters who can angle their forward b. would anyone care to make a list? as well as descriptions

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i looked thru the list and unless DK's sideb does something weird when smashed i think thats it.

keeper

Smash Champion
this

so.... the list that i have so far is

pikachu
pichu
link
young link
samus
peach
luigi

is that ALL of them??

also, i guess it wouldn't hurt to have a list of the characters who can angle their forward b. would anyone care to make a list? as well as descriptions
I'm pretty sure that's all of them. I checked Zelda, Ganon/CF, and a few others with nothing.

I really do feel surprised people don't know these nor the angles...

AXE 09

Smash Master
good work you guys =)

well.... i guess that was pretty easy lol. but maybe we should make a list of the people who can angle their forward b too. off the top of my head, i know....

link
young link
puff

...........................now that i think about it, those are the only 3 that i can think of o.O
i guess you could TECHNICALLY add zelda in there

ok ok, how about characters that can angle their NEUTRAL b attacks? i can think of...

Falcon (ariel only)
Ganon (ariel only)

.....................are those the only 2?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu's goes farther and to blow your freakin mind axe this will truth me. I know as at least pichu/pikachu/m2 that you can tilt is barely and make their up-Bs shorter ooooohhhhhhh but people don't barely tilt their up-B so you most likly have never been cut short

keeper

Smash Champion
good work you guys =)

Falcon (ariel only)
Ganon (ariel only)

GOD TIER.

(it's "aerial")

pichu's goes farther and to blow your freakin mind axe this will truth me. I know as at least pichu/pikachu/m2 that you can tilt is barely and make their up-Bs shorter ooooohhhhhhh but people don't barely tilt their up-B so you most likly have never been cut short
Syntax. Does that word mean anything to you?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu's side-B goes farther and to blow your freakin mind axe this will, trust me. I know as at least pichu/pikachu/m2 that you can tilt it barely and make their up-Bs shorter ooooohhhhhhh but people don't barely tilt their up-B so you most likly have never been cut short.

fixed

keeper

Smash Champion
pichu's side-B goes farther and to blow your freakin mind axe this will, trust me. I know as at least pichu/pikachu/m2 that you can tilt it barely and make their up-Bs shorter ooooohhhhhhh but people don't barely tilt their up-B so you most likly have never been cut short.

fixed
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

TL?

Smash Ace
I can get 2 different heights with Zelda's up b. Tilting the stick only seems to shorten it half the time or it's very specific. :/

Also, you can direct roy's up b (probably obvious).

keeper

Smash Champion
I can get 2 different heights with Zelda's up b. Tilting the stick only seems to shorten it half the time or it's very specific. :/

Also, you can direct roy's up b (probably obvious).
Roy, Marth, and Mario alike. I'm pretty sure you can't do that to Doc's.

AXE 09

Smash Master
you CAN do that to Doc's, that's how up-b cancelling is possible. (do an angled up-b, then press the control stick in the opposite way that you're facing. both directions have to be done before you leave the ground)

LOL my bad for misspelling aerial. i've honestly always been spelling it wrong this entire time haha.

And are you serious ICG???? if i tilt up-b with pika, i won't go as far as if i smash it???? wtf why am i just now learning about all this stuff? i'm gonna try it out next time i get the chance

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yeah, you should know that Doc can angle it. Otherwise you're making a terrible recovery become an abysmal one.

So does that shortened up b work for anyone else? Maybe Sheik?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah it blew your mind axe people should test it on other people I've checked for m2/pichu/pikachu and I just zedla can too.

But don't feel bad I don't think many people even know.

keeper

Smash Champion
Yeah, you should know that Doc can angle it. Otherwise you're making a terrible recovery become an abysmal one.

So does that shortened up b work for anyone else? Maybe Sheik?
Meh, I don't use Doc. >_>; I swore that his had less of an effect or something.

Sheik's vanish distance is consistent on a linear plane unless you sweetspot it.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
There are a bunch of side-bs that change after activation (i.e.: Zelda's). Not many of them require smash inputs besides the ones you mentioned Axe. Maybe Yoshi??

Top Bottom