• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Captain Falcon Doubles discussion

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman

Double the manlyness

So this thread is to discuss tips, strategies, AT's, combos, An team partners of choice for falcon in doubles.

I'll edit the thread when i get more reccomendations/post

Team reviews.

SNAKE +FALCON

Basics:

Your best bet is let the Snack stock tank and camp until he can KO while CF runs around and racks damage. Snack and CF both have really good grab games, so abuse them in 2v1.

Combos/Strategies:

And in 2v1 you can use the P3 combo. Snack sets his mine on CF and he runs up to the opponent and up-b's them, causing the sticky to stick to them and then it can be detonated

Discussion has ENDED[Incomplete]

GAW + Falcon

They don't mix well, We have nothing that complements him. one think that is good with CF+GAW however is GAW dthtow to jab lock. Just play typical Falcon

DISCUSSION HAS ENDED(100% incomplete)

Falcon+Zss

DISCUSSION HAS STARTED

Zero Suit is definantly one of Falcon's best teammates. The amount of gimmicks that Captain Falcon and ZSS can perform are almost unlimited. I come up with a new combo or strategy with them almost every time that team comes to mind. She literally works that in contrast with him.

Falcon is a character that requires a lot of babysitting in doubles. As much as I wanted to go against that statement in the official doubles thread for SWF, it's the truth. Some characters practically shut down Falcon and when stages get too hectic, it's almost impossible for Falcon to avoid and retaliate against some strategies. Luckily, for some of the more ridiculous characters that limit and/or shut down Falcon's metagame, ZSS proves as one of the best support characters around. The super jump offered by her flip jump {down+B} can send her across the stage in almost an instant if she's given the opportunity; plus, considering her flip jump is a generally good evasion technique, she can avoid attacks from the other character to come to Falcon's aid, regardless of what part of the stage he's on.

When it comes to general stage control, both characters have excellent pressure games. It's arguable, but they both have two of the most useful jabs in the entire game. ZSS's comes out to the point where it's practically impossible to punish her unless they time a grab perfectly between her second and third hits -- and Falcon, his jab cancel is top notch as well. Falcon's best follow up option in doubles is practically a grab. Once he grabs an opponent, he should wait to see where ZSS stands on the stage and if she seems in a position to follow up, he should rely on her to punish after he throws them toward her. If she seems to have her hands full, it's best to throw the opponent away from her for an opportunity to assist.

Much like Falcon, ZSS is an excellent character when it comes to air control. Although her range is slightly inferior to Falcons', her ability to perform aerial strings within a small range is much more effective than any other character, which makes her one of the best DPS {damage per second} characters in doubles matches. Since she combos vertically, she doesn't really get into the range to conflict with other characters on the stage.

In doubles, from my experience, the most effective string of attacks ZSS has in doubles is... Jab {x2} Cancel -> Down Tilt -> Uair -> Uair -> Timed up+B -> Fastfall Bair. Judging that the ZSS is good at timing her attacks, regardless of the opponent's DI, this is extremely effective. Possible to avoid, yes, but it's definantly not difficult to pull off. It takes about five seconds total for her to pull this off, not even -- for a good... lets say 50% + decent knockback.

ZSS's stun works amazingly well with Falcon. A character that can keep an opponent still in ways other than grabbing is certainly good. Not only does it help him in guaranteeing a knee, he doesn't have to risk his hitbox increasing and KOing ZSS as well. Since she's a lightweight, getting kneed is unacceptable.

Onto gimmicks, Falcon and ZSS have **** loads of tricks. Rather it's downsmash locking into a knee, force get up combos into a Falcon Punch, you name it, there's almost guaranteed to be a way to get it to work.

Some gimmicks that I thought up and posted around some other forums are::

[1.] (ZSS) Downsmash -> (Falcon) Footstool -> (ZSS) Downsmash -> (Falcon) Footstool -> (ZSS) Downsmash -> (ZSS) Footstool -> (Falcon) Knee // Falcon Punch.

If the Falcon's timing is off, ZSS can always grab the opponent out of the down smash instead of footstooling them to assure Falcon's attack hits.

[2.] (ZSS) Downsmash -> (ZSS) Footstool -> (Falcon) Downward Directed Ftilt -> (Opponent) Force Getup -> (Falcon) Falcon Punch // Knee.

This one is a bit more percent reliant so they force getup, so it's not as useful as the first.

[3.] (ZSS) Downsmash -> (Falcon) Footstool -> (ZSS) Downsmash -> (ZSS) Up+B -> (Falcon) Knee of Justice the opponent forced upward from the Plasma Wire.

Honestly, with those few gimmicks there as a basis, the possibilities are almost endless. The best thing is, the first combo can be used almost flawlessly while both of the opponents are alive. It only takes about two seconds for Falcon and ZSS to use it, so there's not much of a risk. You might only have time for one downsmash -> footstool -> downsmash, but Falcon can still fastfall a knee to hit the opponent while they're stunned.

Justice Served.
Gotta love that nipple loving, bounty hunting goodness.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
This is a match-type where Falcon Punch is actually useable. I like that.

BTW am I the only one who thinks Falcon is actually a good character in Doubles matches?

Anyway here's a tip: a good team partner is jigglypuff because of her upB, lol.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Snake seems good as well. he can sticky us a c4. with our speed, we can deliver the c4 to the oppossing team easily.

I call this the BOMB DELIVERY

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Well, Snake can easily grab other characters for us to Falcon punch them, sooooo yeah :D

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
You expect the other teamate to let his teamate get falcon punched?
Maybe when the teamate gets star ko'd, or as a surprise aproach

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I'm only kidding, of course. It only would work if there's a 2v1 situation. But in that situation, anything goes (as long as you DON'T hit your partner).

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
snake + falcon > mk + falcon
imo

snake and falcon is a really good choice cause of the fact that snake has a nice way of limiting options of your opponent litterally all over the stage.

mk is perfect for attacking 1 character. against 2 he still does pretty well as long as they are both being handled fast and are pushed in the same direction. the issue is, with mk your goal is to get them away from the center of the stage and keep them there.

with snake you are kind of knocking them all over the place until they go flying away. i think that complements falcons style, or rather that falcon complements snakes style way better than mk.

my thoughts.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
helmet don't reveal me and p1s strategy plox D: wait till the cv is out <3
Don't worry, I will.

But Snack and Falcon is really really good. Snack can stock tank and KO for us while we run away and be annoying. And you can use P1's strat. MK and CF just don't match right.

But my favorite is ZSS and Falcon, ZSS is sooo good for doubles. The only problem with ZSS and CF is KO troubles. So many broken 2v1 combos though xD

Player-3

Smash Hero
falcon can save bair for kills in teams since his uair is really all he needs lol

it was MY strat D<

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ok here's the right way to play doubles :

1-Always, always, ALWAYS go 2v1.
The game starts in a 1 2 1 2 setting (with 1 being your team and 2 the opponent team) ? Go 2v1.
You're in 1v1 against player X ? Ditch him and go 2v1 player Y with your teammate.
And when X finally catches up and tries to attack your back just let your teammate get him by surprise then go 2v1 on player X. Rinse and repeat to infinity.

Falcon CAN and MUST use his speed to create as many 2v1 situations as possible.

2-When edgehogging always ask for help.
Even if you don't need it. It just sets up for another 2v1 situation, plus saving you the trouble of getting through the edgeguard.
Also works for CGs, infinites and locks.

3-Constantly switch opponents.
Except if you're both ****** them.

Now for the perfect teammate for Falcon.
He must have :
-good 1v2 skills, quick lagless moves (knockback doesn't matter).
-A good camping ability so that he can get away from the fray and start annoying your opponent with promectiles,
-at least one good KO move that can be used on a grabbed opponent.

He can have weaknesses in :
-weight, since Falcon will be the main sandbag of the team
-recovery, because Falcon can use Uair and Falcon Dive to save him from gimps.

Characters that I had good results with :
-Zelda. Low + low = top tier team, especially if the Zelda plays hyper campy with Dins. And Dtilt lock to Falcon Punch is epic.

-GW. But it's nothing new that GW is an excellent teammate for everyone. Brinstar, Halberd and Delfino are your best CPs here.

-Luigi. Blazing punches team ftw. His shoryuken is deadly on your grabs (be sure to take port 4) and his Dthrow leads into a SH/FH knee real easy.

That's all for now.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Basics:

Your best bet is let the Snack stock tank and camp until he can KO while CF runs around and racks damage. Snack and CF both have really good grab games, so abuse them in 2v1.

Combos/Strategies:

And in 2v1 you can use the P3 combo. Snack sets his mine on CF and he runs up to the opponent and up-b's them, causing the sticky to stick to them and then it can be detonated.

Edit:

When you update the OP next, you should make it look a bit prettier. (Use proper grammar and only have one picture of CF.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
BrawlPrincess — 06 April 2010 — *These guys were trying out the "Anubis" strategy. They did CP their mains (MK and Snack D:) and come back to win the set, though.

Where: Wi-Fi

What: AiB Ladder

When: 4/5/2010
lolgay

10wifis

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Falcon and G&W wouldn't work too well xD

We have nothing that help G&W, no energy projectiles, no amazing pressure options, nothin'.

PeterFile

Smash Cadet
My friend gets a lot of nines when we play doubles it's rather hilarious! lol!

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
falcon and gandW don't mix

Just f-throw ppl towards GandWs way

play basic falcon
GandW will most likely be wherever its logical

PeterFile

Smash Cadet
What are you on about? Captain Falcon & Mr Game & Watch work perfectly together. My younger brother mains GAW and he is the best GAW in my county (possibly the country) with me being the best player, and I can use anyone. We have never lost a doubles match to our cousins (who go double MK). Your views on this are stupid.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Peter... I hope you're trolling. You're playing Brawl with your little brother and cousins, please.

And Darx is correct, G&W and CF do NOT mix.

PeterFile

Smash Cadet
Well I can assure you that they're probably a lot better than you. Please, shut up.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Either you should just let this die, or discuss more, because bigbucks is too impatient and just posts an extremely small amount of information if you don't discuss quickly.

Top Bottom