• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Baby YEAH!! (UCF Tournament)

Jay34

Smash Rookie
So now we know that Brooklyn Pizza is an awesome place to host a tournament. We got the huge projector screen, many set ups, food, and plenty of space. Now we just need people. I'm doing a charity fund raiser for the children of Landcaster Elementary School for a school project. It's part of my grade and it's also for a genuine cause for students. Their budgets have been cut and only students like us can help them have things they can't afford like a successful field day. Please come out and support. Even if you don't want to participate in the tourney, come enjoy this venue. This might be something that the UCF smash community might want to consider making official. Plus there will be friendlies going on all day of course. The people that came last time were VERY impressed by the venue. The following are all the credentials about the tournament.

When: April 3rd 12:00pm registration. Donations will be taken at anytime
Where: Brooklyn Pizza on campus
Donations: $5 for singles and $5 per person for teams. (Brawl and Melee)
Prizes: 20% of donations go to first place in gift card form. 5% to second in gift card form. Gift cards to GAMESTOP!!

Melee: (12pm-3pm) Teams and singles will be going on at the same time to be more time efficient

4 stocks
8 min time limit
no items
No stalling or glitches

Stage list:
Yoshi's Story
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium

Counter Pick:
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria

Stage list (teams):
Yoshi's Story
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dream Land
Pokemon Stadium

Counter Pick (teams):
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria

Brawl: (3pm-7pm) Teams and Singles will be held at the same time to be more time efficient

3 stocks
8 min time limit
No Stalling or standing infinites

Stage List:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Pick:
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair

Stage List (Teams):
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Pick (teams):
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair

For more info contact me (Jason) at 678-914-9807.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
YES YES YES best venue ever. It was like if Hard Knocks had a delicious pizza place attached to it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
lol frames i could answer all your questions.

it's a huge pizza place on campus with a projector and plenty of space for 150 bazillion people.

they have flat screens on the walls, and some various consoles.

what else is there to know?

Jay34

Smash Rookie
Frames my aim is jlorde34. I already have you as a friend on aim too lol. Also my number is 678-914-9807.

And yea basically what RX said. I'm telling you, this could be the new big thing. And its on campus so its convenient with pizza and room for much more set ups than gigs.

nevershootme

Smash Master
the pizza place is pretty huge as I was there for an event. plenty of outlets and space. plus u got a huge projector to use to put the big matches on... originally i was hoping to do something there, but i wasn't part of any officer position at a club

but the overall issue is dealing with prizes since school policy prevents u from doing actual cash payouts. plus promotion on campus, get access to any color printers and advertise around. you have 50,000 students

just try to make the payouts a lil bigger as an incentive to get people to come and win more money, why not use best buy gift cards instead of gamestop.

Jay34

Smash Rookie
I agree with the Best Buy gift cards. I will definitely do that instead. I think 20% is ok since it is a fundraiser for a bunch or elementary school kids with no money. I mean think of it this way. If we just get a 20 person singles in only melee alone, first place just one $20 for investing $5 and we still have teams melee and brawl and brawl singles left.

Also other incentives are your doing it for a cause, we are prospecting what can possibly be a new venue for the UCF smash scene, great food, and smashing with friends at an awesome venue.

I'm a senator on campus so i know what we need to be able to do tourneys. We just gotta offer "prizes" instead of monetary pay out. Think about it.

Frames

DI
rx i've been to brooklyn pizza many times and i know exactly what it looks like and where it is

i wanted to know the price for renting it

Toneh

Smash Lord
keeping 30 % is considered pot **** and this one does 75 %. LoL. U wont get many ppl down for that and a venue won't make up for it.

Right now we host our own apt and house tournies with 100% payout so its gotta be reasonable

Top Bottom