• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Minus: Gimptastic Gimp****tardery

NNID
Budget_Player
Um, yeah. Spam Thunder jolt.

Pikachu has turned into one evil mother****ing rat. EVIL. Let's go over some of the basics, shall we?

Changes
  • Thunder Jolt (described Below
  • Bair (see below)
  • Thunder (see below)
  • Usmash given electric element and hits harder
  • Dsmash has no hitlag (can't be SDI'd)
  • Nair stronger. Strong hit low angle. Weak hit semispike
  • Dair Spikes. Landing hitbox pops up to start combos, less landing lag. Damage down
  • Fair has twice the hits (and almost double the damage)
  • SideB has a stronger electric hitbox. Charge animation can be shield canceled
  • Furthest hitbox of Jab has a 100% trip rate; faster IASA
  • Dthrow angle lower and backwards

Thunder Jolt
Probably the most severely stupid move in the game. On the ground, it moves twice as fast after frame 30 (the half-way point) and can be canceled into ground moves. In the air, it moves twice as fast from frame 1 to 30, and can be jump canceled very fast. The ball you get in the air has a potent gimping angle (semispike doesn't begin to cover it). The jolt that travels along the ground pops up slightly. It's an incredible combo starter. If you get nailed by that, you can bet that you're about to eat bair, usmash, or nair. Or, sometimes, if you DI wrong, another one. This is pika's best combo starter, his best approach assist, and essentially his B&B move for any given occasion. When in doubt, press B.

Bair
This one is just... you have to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggpn8ENWX3Q
Notice, right near the beginning. Pikachu goes FLYING backwards, catching the opponent in it. Notice a little later that he combos into nair for the kill.
Bair sends you on a backwards trajectory ending in a more or less strong hit. You can interrupt before that strong hit into anything. Bair->dair offstage is a cool spike; Bair->nair is a potent killer. Keep in mind that you can only rocket Bair once before landing again. Also, it is possible to SDI out the back and/or up/down. Not entirely sure, needs to be checked out more. But bair is a cornerstone of Pika-'s combo game. It also does way more damage.

Thunder
Like in Brawl+, expect to be scoring a LOT of kills with this move. Like, most of them. However, expect to score them totally differently...
Thunder has a hitbox which is just 30 degrees away from pure spike, and its power has been raised. In short: if this hits you offstage, you are ****ED. Maybe if you're MK and cancel it perfectly? To add insult to injury, Pika can set off two of these offstage and then recover. Aerial Thunder can be jump canceled starting on frame 20. So, jump offstage, thunder, jump again, thunder again, upB to safety. You just set up a wall of spikes, and can do it again once you finish recovering! Grounded thunder can be shield canceled starting on frame 20 as well. Additionally, Usmash->thunder is still incredibly useful, mostly because if your opponent doesn't go offstage during the spike, you almost have a guaranteed hyphen smash. FUN!

Combos with pikachu
Pika doesn't have the most incredible repertoire of combos (that would probably be CF or something), but boy can he start them easily.
-Tjolt
-Thunder
-Utilt
-Usmash
-Bair
-Dair
All of those are awesome combo starters at low %s, and you can approach with most of them. Dair and TJolt in particular are incredible. Mostly, just hit with a combo starter, and juggle with a ****load of uairs. If your opponent starts going out of range, thunder and then tech chase. Pretty good stuff.

Scoring the Kill
With Pika, if you get your opponent offstage, you can pretty much ensure that your opponent won't come back unless they're someone like Pit. Abuse the powerful semispike on Thunder Jolt, the dair spike, the semispike on nair (fastfall nair sourspot kills are hilarious!), and above all the massive walls of spike produced by Thunder.
Onstage, your best options are, by far, Usmash and Nair. Nair has a rapetastic low angle on the sweetspot, meaning you can kill pretty early with it (plus, you can combo into it out of bair, among others). The Usmash buff basically puts your Usmash on the same level as Fox's and Ganon's as far as scoring kills go. Really really ****ing good. And if one doesn't do it... as said, Usmash->Thunder->Usmash is really good.

Dealing with Bowser
...Help?

Complete changelist up when I get it.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Something interesting to note about JC'd thunder: if you use it in the air and JC but stay inside the thunder bolt path, as long as it hasn't hit the ground yet, you can hit downB again and get a base hit at your location. Good for tricking people :p You have to be within the regular touchdown position though, so it's not super easy to do

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Bair can be used for recovery, and i traps real nasty on FD, you can just WOP bairs out the map and nair for kills lol

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Izaniki I LOVE doing that.

I've noticed that if you jump cancel your thunder into a wall you'll walljump and get your second jump back aswell as being able to jump cancel thunder again.
Raaaaaape.
I've done it on YI, FD, and BF.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Pika Minus.
I have a suggesstion about Thunder though. If you hit with the cloud it should send you straight down like a Ganondorf D-air. That'd be funny.

I abuse B-air and cancel it into everything. <3333333333

Top Bottom