• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Export: Mr. Game and Watch

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Matchup Thread Export Directory
:metaknight: :snake: :wario: :falco: :diddy: :dedede: :marth: :olimar: :popo: :toonlink:

MR. GAME AND WATCH

DIFFICULTY: EVEN - 50:50

Quick Tips
  • Down-smash after down-throw? YES
  • Bucket anything? NO
  • Uair all day!

Videos
  • N/A

General Matchup
  • N/A

Basic Strategies
  • If they bair, you can stop it with another bair from above. If they bair, you can stop it from below with a well timed dtilt.
  • If they dair, you can stop it with the invinc frames up for you Up. If they dair, you can push them back up with uair and get decay. If they dair, you can beat it with nair.
  • If they nair, you can beat it with dair if you wait til the moves hitbox ends. If they nair, shielding the whole thing is usually the best idea, or beat it with bair.
  • If they fair, beat it with bair.
  • If they uair, don't dair, but time your airdodges well. Don't get baited into a smash attack.
  • If they dtilt, shad behind them.
  • If they dthrow, tech the first few times (never in place) and don't tech the following few times. Mix it up.

Stages
  • N/A

Frame Data
  • Neutral B: 18, 35, 53, 71, 89
  • Side B: 16
  • Up B: 9-29 (invincibility frames 5-13)
  • Down B: 2, 8, 15
  • Fsmash: 17 (strong), 21 (weak)
  • Dsmash: 15
  • Usmash: 24
  • Ftilt: 10
  • Dtilt: 6
  • Utilt: 13
  • Nair: 7, 12, 17, 22
  • Fair: 10 (strong), 13 (weak)
  • Bair: 10, 13, 16, 19, 22
  • Uair: 6
  • Dair: 12-38, 1 (landing hitbox)
  • Jab: 4
  • Dash Attack: 6
  • Standing Grab: 6
  • Dash Grab: 10
  • Pivot Grab: 10

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is actually one of my favorite and best match-ups >_>.

Dair vs Nair is a guessing game a lot of the time. If GW is above you and dairs into you then you can intercept it with nair but if he slowfalls it then it might hit you or if you don't time the nair correctly. Airdodging through uair wind will get you hit by nair or something unless you are really close. Dtilt and jabs are pretty useful in this matchup. Baiting the other gw to do full hopped bairs is pretty easy too in which case you just nair them from below. Grabs are brutal in this match-up because gw's tech animation sucks so much. Recovering is easy but getting back on the stage is hard without taking damage. Quick grabs after jabs usually work..

/random stuff.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
To be precise, D-air trades hits with N-air from directly above. N-air has to be spaced off to the side to beat D-air.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
To be precise, D-air trades hits with N-air from directly above. N-air has to be spaced off to the side to beat D-air.
I up smashed izzy once when he was facing to the right and dair'd. I was on the side of the key his body was on.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
If you are being pressured heavily and you see them dair above you, up b into them, usually knocks them back so you can regain your composure. Usually if they are way above the stage and dair very early up b into them and you could get and easy kill at around 60%.

SorryAboutYourDaughter

Smash Rookie
Whoever said, "Whoever attacks first gets punished," is completely right, truer words have never been spoken. And I agree with UTDZac, Uair all day! That just about covers the whole match-up. Chef is surprisingly useful in this match-up, (it figures chef works so well only against himself.)

This will always be a very frustrating, and very entertaining match-up.

Top Bottom