• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to GFSC

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
Guide to GFSC

GFSC stands for grounded foot stool combo.
This technique was found by God-is-my-rock.
There is the link to the original video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en&v=wWiQTh63_XU

Ok so I decided to make this thread because after
watching alot of matches of DK player I saw that there
is no DK's that use it.

How to do it: The GFSC is performed by footstooling someone
and then immediately using reverse side B.
For the reverse side B you have to perform a side B in one dirrection and
then quickly press the other direction on the joysticks.
You can also put X or Y at special for making it easier.

Why is it so good: Some people say the GFSC is not useful
because it is too hard and too "situational"
but this is not true since there are alot of occasions you can use it
in a match and the technique might be hard to do, but it is not
impossible to master.

Character we cannot perform this on: Unfortunately, this
technique does not work on every character. There are a few
characters that can powersheild the headbutt such as D3, Snake, Diddy, Pit, Toon Link, Link, and Fox. It can work on Ivysaur but only if he faces you and you B-reversal so that you go backwards while still facing him)

When to do it:

at low percent:You can use it right after getting a dtilt trip this is much more
effective then dtilt to downb.

at mid/high percent: You can do a jab to GFSC! this is done by hitting someone
with a tipper jab, cancelling it and then GFSC.

at any percent: You can use it to punish a laggy attack.
You can also use it OOS wich is realy hard to do, but very rewarding. We can also do it after a cargo release on ness and lucas wich is probably the easier way.

What you can do when you GFSC someone:

at low percent:
1)You can Dsmash
2)You can upsmash, but you have to wait untill they pop up.
3)You can Bair combo.
4)You can also use it for uair or nair.

at mid percent:
1)You can do any smash you want but fsmash is better.
2)you can do a fully charged punch.
3)you can do a 9windpunch(it can kill at mid percent)
threads on DK punch: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176033
4)you can dair or fair.

at high percent:
1)you can do any smash you want
2)you can do a fully charged punch
3)you can do a 9windpunch
4)you can uair
5)you can fair
6)you can bair
1,2,3 are the better option most of the time

Special thanks
to will for helping me with my horrible english
to Big o for the list of character it doesnt work on
to Luigi Player for his easy way to do it

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I did not know that some characters can power shield it, I would like to see that list. Also a list of moves that we can do the footstool to OOS would be nice. Like if we could do it pika's fair, or G&W's bair, or nado.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
its really hard to master it even if u do u have to practice applying it in your game too much effort but may be worth it =)

Luigi player

Smash Master
It's really easy for me to do, but there just aren't any setups... if the enemy uses a laggy attack you can just sideB (or smash) normally. The enemy won't get footstool-stunned if he's doing an attack. And there just aren't many situations where your enemy stands on the ground and does nothing.

You can maybe try to do it if the enemy did a laggy aerial (I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that the opponent will get footstool-stunned if he has aerial landinglag) or just to punish a landing. But in both cases you can just punish with a normal sideB anyway....

My easy way to do the GFSC is: Set Y to special (I use X to jump)
This way you can reach the special button way easier.

Now footstool someone (I'd do it with "X") and then mash the controlstick left-right-left- ... and press Y at the same time.

Btw Big O has the list of characters where it doesn't work in his frame data thread.

Big O said:
GFSC headbutts work on everyone except D3, Snake, Diddy, Pit, Toon Link, Link, and Fox. It can work on Ivysaur but only if he faces you and you B-reversal so that you go backwards while still facing him)

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
u have to press left to run (doublejump by then) then do the headbutt another left/right then do the reverse opposite direction (left/right) >_>

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if youre off by a little bit they either PS or it misses. and no one wants that

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
its easy as hell to do with wiichuck cause i can use the c stick to do the reverse so i dont need to flick the control stick back and forth XD
(even with tap jump on its not that hard)

btw, why must it be a reversed sideb? i believe a normal one hits too :S

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
its easy as hell to do with wiichuck cause i can use the c stick to do the reverse so i dont need to flick the control stick back and forth XD
(even with tap jump on its not that hard)

btw, why must it be a reversed sideb? i believe a normal one hits too :S
What is suposed to be hard is not the technique itself its footstooling som1 on a match and we have to do a reverse side b because when u footstool som1 it put you on the middle and the side b will dont hit him we have to do a reverse side b because when u do the revese side b it put u on the side and then u can hit him BTW it might work on bigger character like bowser and DK without reverse but its still safer to just reverse it because there is no chance it doesnt hit

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
What is suposed to be hard is not the technique itself its footstooling som1 on a match and we have to do a reverse side b because when u footstool som1 it put you on the middle and the side b will dont hit him we have to do a reverse side b because when u do the revese side b it put u on the side and then u can hit him BTW it might work on bigger character like bowser and DK without reverse but its still safer to just reverse it because there is no chance it doesnt hit
i tried it on wario, and it easily hit without reversing :S

Top Bottom