• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Losers On Brawl Online???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Im new on this website and i have no idea if im in the right place but has anyone notice whenever you keep winning on Basic Brawl one or more of your opponents have to pick the same character as you did? and sometimes they attempt to gangbang you, what is up with that? lol

and it is pretty obvious, because the first thing after the announcer says "GO" they come after you. desperate much?

can someone please explain why they do that for? LMAO :laugh:

It's called a Taunt Party, there's a thread on here for it. They go after serious players. and sometimes use the same character as you to mock and annoy you. Oh you're new? Well then welcome to the boards.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's called a Taunt Party, there's a thread on here for it. They go after serious players. and sometimes use the same character as you to mock and annoy you. Oh you're new? Well then welcome to the boards.
That pretty much sums it up.
If you were a higher tier, like MK, and won everyone, you may see them all pick MK.
Ask this question in the Taunt Parties thread, you'll be sure to get a decent answer.

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
Ya, HNSMK and LP pretty much said it all. They usually pick your character or Pikachu so they can dspecial spam.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If i were you, id try to camp as best i could, get them to hit each other, and after that, go into the fray, and when they all start coming after you again, repeat.
Thats my best response ^_0 b

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Im new on this website and i have no idea if im in the right place but has anyone notice whenever you keep winning on Basic Brawl one or more of your opponents have to pick the same character as you did? and sometimes they attempt to gangbang you, what is up with that? lol

and it is pretty obvious, because the first thing after the announcer says "GO" they come after you. desperate much?

can someone please explain why they do that for? LMAO :laugh:
I already know about the taunt parties but Ive seen many people do that past and present (referring to the underline). I find it a way that they're either trying to choose the victors character because it seems that they will get the edge next battle, its a "coincidence", there "main"/best character, there going to try and beat you with your own character. As for taunt parties either join them or end up like Sunny Corleone in the 1st Godfather.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
sometimes it may be a legit room with people who are annoyed or tired (most often as a result of spammy play) of you winning and decide to pool they're resources to beat you. More likely its a taunt party who would rather not fight each other and instead attack the odd man out. Depending on your patients you can either keep crashing the taunt party or leave. I'd recommend crashing, as far as i see it, if they're fighting you and not taunting you're winning. But overall your thread title sums them up fairly accurately.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
sometimes it may be a legit room with people who are annoyed or tired (most often as a result of spammy play) of you winning and decide to pool they're resources to beat you. More likely its a taunt party who would rather not fight each other and instead attack the odd man out. Depending on your patients you can either keep crashing the taunt party or leave. I'd recommend crashing, as far as i see it, if they're fighting you and not taunting you're winning. But overall your thread title sums them up fairly accurately.
You're so full of hate it make me lol :laugh:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I actually dont find that "exactly" true. Some of those taunters are actually eager to fight so basically what your doing is giving them the excuse to fight. The majority of the time they have "itchy fingers" (if you know what I mean). So technically either way its most likely their victory not yours.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
if they've got itchy fingers, why the taunt party then?

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
i've been in a game with sinic repeatedly killing himself then taunting your'e too slow

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Most taunt partiers love to fight as much as the crashers. We just love to have fun as well. And since there is an equal amount of the two (usually) we get to have mindless fun and also have a good fight.

Some people just don't use brawl for fighting online and they just go in the corner and do whatever haha.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Most taunt partiers love to fight as much as the crashers. We just love to have fun as well. And since there is an equal amount of the two (usually) we get to have mindless fun and also have a good fight.

Some people just don't use brawl for fighting online and they just go in the corner and do whatever haha.
Its true and the majority of the time theyre better than the crashers lol (well it depends)

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
yeah that too, i just disconnect them just for the LULZ.

but i also try to get the last KO, but that is what they get for picking always picking Temple

Serious Brawlers- Final Destination

Taunters who has nothing better to do for 2 minutes - Temple

though i engage in these taunt party as well, but only when they don't attack me.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice

but i also try to get the last KO, but that is what they get for picking always picking Temple

though i engage in these taunt party as well, but only when they don't attack me.
Technically if you want a 1v1 with a great taunter then I recommend Temple. Its either final destination, Battlefield, Temple, smashville

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman

First of all, you can't just disconnect a whole group intentionally. Second, most taunters would destroy you in a 1v1.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
First of all, you can't just disconnect a whole group intentionally. Second, most taunters would destroy you in a 1v1.
I couldnt agree more. The best players on Basic Brawl are usually the taunters believe it or not. Great irony

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I couldnt agree more. The best players on Basic Brawl are usually the taunters believe it or not. Great irony
I find it quite understood why the majority of taunt players are more better than a lot of the crashers. I think that most of the good players...not necessarily the best, but at least decent can get a little bored of always competitive play...1 against 1, free for all. Working with people, brings a lot more than you may expect to a 2 minute brawl. Personally, brawl isn't that serious of a game for me.. I don't play in tournaments... in fact, I never brawl with anyone...ever, none of my friends play the wii. Playing taunt parties is the only interaction I get...and it's a lot of fun.
-Also, I only pick temple when I start off...just to see what people will do and act like from a distance. Then I usually pick FD, battlefield, corneria, smashville, yoshi's island...wherever the majority picks and I like it haha.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I find it quite understood why the majority of taunt players are more better than a lot of the crashers. I think that most of the good players...not necessarily the best, but at least decent can get a little bored of always competitive play...1 against 1, free for all. Working with people, brings a lot more than you may expect to a 2 minute brawl. Personally, brawl isn't that serious of a game for me.. I don't play in tournaments... in fact, I never brawl with anyone...ever, none of my friends play the wii. Playing taunt parties is the only interaction I get...and it's a lot of fun.
-Also, I only pick temple when I start off...just to see what people will do and act like from a distance. Then I usually pick FD, battlefield, corneria, smashville, yoshi's island...wherever the majority picks and I like it haha.
Yeah well the people I know usually play codMW2 (yes I have a PS3 but I havent been on it for 2-3 months). And to get back on topic the players on here that tend to play some friendlies online are the ones that are in taunt parties (many of them are good BTW). If you want to get to play someone go to meet and great on the smash network category, then ask someone if you want to brawl anyone on the New New Members Brawl (If any one wants to brawl) thread. You meet alot of great players there Ill tell you that

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
1. i was talking about dropping out during the middle of a match. don't it disconnect you from your opponents. "your connection to the other player was lost,returning to the menu"

2. That is what i like to see, but i'm no crasher nor am i a taunter, just looking to kick some butt, and besides, its not easy finding a 1 vs 1 match on "with anyone"

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Well you said "disconnect them" not "disconnect from them" :p

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
Oh

and for the people that read my forum intro comment: i wasn't talking about taunt party, sure the same thing might happen when you are able to defend yourself from three brawlers but im talking about when you fight everybody in a free for all and when you keep winning one(or more) of your opponents pick your character that you kept winning with. I'm hoping for someone who does this can tell me what goes through their heads. LOL "Man, that Metaknight/Pit person keeps winning, i think im going to pick the same character he or she picks."

but the part where they gang up on you when you attack them helped ^^

and the no host character modification code helped too(REVENGE)

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
and they also try to use your "techniques". today i was just facing a metaknight in free for all, i was a better metaknight than him/her. but as the matches went by i notice he/her was copying the way i edge-guard.........?

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
Yeah because those cowards always have to pick Temple and hiding inside the underground area because they know it is a hard time ko someone from there.

JK but i was serious about some of the taunters being cowards.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
America, or whatever it's called, NTSC-U I think
This code was made by DeathWolf and was found was found in the PAL section.
though, it works for my American Wii, and it should work for yours.

P2 character modifier (no host)

42000000 90000000
00FDCE62 000000xx
E0000000 80008000

P3 Character modifier (No host)

42000000 90000000
00FDD07A 000000xx
E0000000 80008000

P4 Character modifier ( No host)

42000000 90000000
00FDD292 000000xx
E0000000 80008000

Giga Bowser: 2D

Wario Man: 2c

How it works: You can turn them all on, and it will work ONLY for you, the only way it turns other players into the character(s) you chose if two or more person leaves the group then other player(s) join in than the code will take effect for them. only p2 (which is actually P1) won't change.

Tell me if it works for you :)

NOTE: if you are host then the code won't work.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
How do you make your shield colorful and darker? I've seen some videos on youtube and notice that the shields look different, is there a code?

watch 2 second of this vid,The first you see after the golden Donkey kong is different shields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRNSvHIf7RU if the link doesn't work then you can just copy and paste it.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
How do you make your shield colorful and darker? I've seen some videos on youtube and notice that the shields look different, is there a code?

watch 2 second of this vid,The first you see after the golden Donkey kong is different shields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRNSvHIf7RU if the link doesn't work then you can just copy and paste it.
I think it's in the Brawl+ codeset, try checking that.

Atlantian

Smash Rookie
I hate when people do that, lol. Of course, whenever they do, I just pick another character I'm good with and beat them again. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom