• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashpocalypse IX ~ April 24th ~ Your Classic Melee Haven.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
WELCOME TO SMASHPOCALYPSE.

Why is Smashpocalypse worth your time?
-Our venue has comfortably fit over 100 people and is very conveniently located near 30th Street station, a hub for all trains and Els in the Philadelphia area.
-The pot at Smashpocalypse is ridiculously large. This allows us more leniency with our payouts, and singles players who place 5th or better have always received cash.
-We always have a bunch of setups, so there are always friendly TVs available.
-Our TVs have absolutely no lag.
i'm going to this JUST for the Wawa 4 blocks down
-Wawa is a completely valid reason to attend an SPOC.
-We are Philadelphia's only regular Melee tournament
-SPOC is a cool abbreviation.
-Smashpocalypse has a reputation for being very well-run and a great experience.

General Information
Van Renesslar Hall
[SIZE=-2] 3301 Race Street
[/SIZE]Philadelphia, PA 19104

CONFIRM SETUPS!

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO BRING SETUPS! I still need as many TVs as I can get my hands on, as many cubes/wiis and as much Smash as you guys can bring. Bringing a TV + Game setup will net you a free venue fee.

Results
SMASHPOCALYPSE VIII - 10/17
Results Thread

SMASHPOCALYPSE VII
- 4/18
Results
AiB Page

SMASHPOCALYPSE VI
- 12/13
Results
AiB Page

SMASHPOCALYPSE V
- 3/22
Results
AiB Page

SMASHPOCALYPSE IV
- 2/09
Results
AiB Page

SMASHPOCALYPSE III
- 1/12
Results
Videos
AiB Page

SMASHPOCALYPSE II - 12/08
Results
AiB Page

SMASHPOCALYPSE - 10/13
Results
AiB Page

Transportation
The venue will be a 10 minute walk from 30th Street Station. Check that website if you think you are near any Septa, NJ Transit, or Amtrak rail line. Any of those trains will take you to this tournament.

**Events and Fees
$5 Venue Fee
Registration from 10:00-11:45am
Doubles: $20 per team, Double-Elimination bracket seeded by location, beginning at 12:00.
Singles: $10 per person, Double-Elimination bracket seeded by pools
Side tournaments are to be run by the players.

I want doubles to start at 12:00 NOON, call me if you're going to be a bit late, I will sign you up. YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR ENTRANCE UPON ARRIVAL, EVEN IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND BY THE TIME YOU GET HERE. I'll warn you before I sign you up, but if you sign up and don't pay, I will not let you enter any other events.

**Payouts
Singles - 60/30/10 (in %)
Doubles - 55/30/15 (in %)

Schedule for SPOC IX

Venue opens at like 10am-ish
12:00 - Teams
3:00 - Singles Pools
6:00 - Singles 32-Man Bracket

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Contact Information
You can contact me immediately with any concern by any of the following methods:
Phone, at 609-226-2287, or
AIM, at ChiboSempai

Setups
TVs:
Chibomada (3x)
Eggm (2x-5x)
Cubes:
Chibo (2x)
Eggm (3x)
Ortho (1x)

Recording/Commentary:

Scar

#HarveyDent
**** YOU GOTM

caps

-Smashpocalypse has a reputation for being very well-run and a great experience.
don't **** up SPOC with that CoT4 TO!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok guys, chill out seriously

You know I wouldn't do something like this

This is a Melee tournament that GOTM and I are hosting. Scar, if you want me to change the name, I'll definitely do that. This was supposed to be an April Fools joke that fell flat cause SWF was down all day yesterday, then today I was supposed to change it to be a Melee tourney.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I was about to come in here and stomp *****s out. Situation has been rectified, I'm getting Wawa chocolate milk and Qdoba.

Scar

#HarveyDent
rofl i love how after 3 years mark STILL doesn't get that i'm not actually angry

change the ****in name

if you had hosted it on 4/10 or 4/11 that would have been **** cause im coming home next weekend

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
scar if it stays spoc I'll have u do a call in on speaker to start the event and call the first matches lol.

I'll leave the name decision up to gotm lol

but yea, incase anyone is confused - this is a real melee tourney. everyone better go

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
scar if it stays spoc I'll have u do a call in on speaker to start the event and call the first matches lol.

I'll leave the name decision up to gotm lol

but yea, incase anyone is confused - this is a real melee tourney. everyone better go

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
rofl i love how after 3 years mark STILL doesn't get that i'm not actually angry

change the ****in name

if you had hosted it on 4/10 or 4/11 that would have been **** cause im coming home next weekend
homecoming smashfest?? thatd be ****..

Eggm

Smash Hero
GROAT is this weekend, but the melee portion of it is Sunday so I guess its ok. I'll probably go to both.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yep it is rough here. Even little kids (around highschool) are already looking for trouble and ****. Meh, I'm still going : D

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Move back to May :) so I could go lol. I'm not sure about SPOC without Scar I guess GOTM is a cool guy not sure about Chibo lol jk man

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, this part of philly isn't dangerous at all.... Its a campus and you'll see when you get there and feel silly lol. Its pretty nice actually. Between all the CoT's and spoc's i've been to i've come to like the area.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Lol, this part of philly isn't dangerous at all.... Its a campus and you'll see when you get there and feel silly lol. Its pretty nice actually. Between all the CoT's and spoc's i've been to i've come to like the area.
What Eggm said just don't go to many blocks away from Campus lol

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
(around highschool)
wat u wanna rumble?? lemme take off my holister hoodie and il **** u up

lmao i hate highschool x[}

edit: philly isnt that dangerous rly. the only reallly bad area is Frankford. i mean, crime still happens everywhere. its just that frankford is the only place where u need to constantly watch ur back

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ortho is overreacting. he lives in a bad area unlike drexel lol
Haha I ain't playin

edit: philly isnt that dangerous rly. the only reallly bad area is Frankford. i mean, crime still happens everywhere. its just that frankford is the only place where u need to constantly watch ur back
well **** happens. Its happened to me. :/ Around germantown. highschoolers wanted to rumble, but I was on my way to work. I got so pissed, they are lucky they ran away. Yeah they hit me. >_> Philly can be stupid at times.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace

Fishtown is bad lol There are some pretty dangerous parts Drexel is fine though I've been to Campus many times...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh yeah I forgot. I'll bring a gamecube and melee. Tv? Not so sure.

Top Bottom