• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask VTS Technical IC questions.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Dash Grab- 40 frames

Normal- 30 frames

dash grabbing and normal have the same hit box, jump canceling grabs is the better due to the less lag from it.

Both have 2 frames of hit box (sad huh).

Edit, changed my mind about this thread going to make new topic.
Comparing them side by side it seems like standing grab is just a tiny bit higher (same hitbox, but higher up)? I'm wondering because it seems like it's harder for floaties to jump out when you jc or standing grab.

Vts

Smash Champion
Comparing them side by side it seems like standing grab is just a tiny bit higher (same hitbox, but higher up)? I'm wondering because it seems like it's harder for floaties to jump out when you jc or standing grab.
Yeah its slightly higher and allows you to grab those coming down or jumping little easier, dash grab though can grab crouching characters while standing can only about 1/2 the time so vs jiggs and kirby dash grab is better if u see they like the crouch

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hmm. I know this but, how can you cancel nana smashes(I think other moves also)? more than one way not counting getting hit.

if you don't know i'll tell you

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can cancel Nana's smashes with up+b or blizzard. A combo I made up a while ago:

D-throw -> Nana u-tilt -> up+B during the u-tilt (before the final hit)

if done correctly the up+b cancels her u-tilt and combos as long as they don't sdi out.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah I figured no one knew. but yeah de-synce nana then up-B or down-B(on ground) and she will cancel her attack at ANY point.

but yeah you can easily de-synce up-smash up-B combo

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
this could be a great thread. So is there a way to make nana down-B when i'm hanging onto the edge doing a rising bair to slap them in the face, in decent speed of course. I just think that would cover sooooo many options it's ********

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think most ppl know about the nana cancelling. The key is finding something useful with it and....so far its really situational.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I already said one way you can use it to be flashy. You can also Nana u-smash -> belay as a rest punisher.

Can standing grab outrange Fox's shine? How far away do you have to be to outrange Falco's? Something I've been playing with is lightshielding to get pushed away, then fullshielding to avoid the shine and grabbing because you're not in hitstun.

Vts

Smash Champion
I already said one way you can use it to be flashy. You can also Nana u-smash -> belay as a rest punisher.

Can standing grab outrange Fox's shine? How far away do you have to be to outrange Falco's? Something I've been playing with is lightshielding to get pushed away, then fullshielding to avoid the shine and grabbing because you're not in hitstun.
no u can't grab them from light shield unless its very first frames to from the shine push.

which is basically a no.

now if you light shield and SDI forward u should be able to but i still need to mess with it a little more.

since i'm at work i can't look at my hit box stuff, but by memory falco's and fox's shines are both same side to side but falco's is taller.

and for the nana tricks i need to really mess with it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I mean lightshielding to get the right distance (which is hard and you probably have to be holding it at a certain shield density) and then fullshielding before shine comes out so the shine doesn't hit your shield. I think I've done it before, I'm just not sure exactly how far I have to be...

Vts

Smash Champion
I mean lightshielding to get the right distance (which is hard and you probably have to be holding it at a certain shield density) and then fullshielding before shine comes out so the shine doesn't hit your shield. I think I've done it before, I'm just not sure exactly how far I have to be...
i've done it to were nana light shields and i get hit by shine and she grabs but still working on the other way around lol

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about this, but when you are doing to dtilt wobbling. Is it possible for them to escape every sixth frame?

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm not sure about this, but when you are doing to dtilt wobbling. Is it possible for them to escape every sixth frame?
IC are very different character and when we hit in our grab we do more frames of hit stun then normal grabs thus making it harder to break out.

it would be possible to escape if they can get all the inputs at the start of it but after the 30% then they are screwed and its only up to you if u mess up or not now.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
What's the lowest percent at which we can do headbutt -> blizzard -> headbutt -> throw without them being able to break out easily?

Vts

Smash Champion
What's the lowest percent at which we can do headbutt -> blizzard -> headbutt -> throw without them being able to break out easily?
29%-45% depending on how well you know they can smash buttons

if they are amazing then don't try til 38%-45%.

the blizzards doesn't give that extra frame of hit stun like normal hits do.

but best use it at the very start any type of waiting will make it easier for them to break out

Kira-

Smash Champion
Yeah its slightly higher and allows you to grab those coming down or jumping little easier, dash grab though can grab crouching characters while standing can only about 1/2 the time so vs jiggs and kirby dash grab is better if u see they like the crouch
so puff can crouch IC grabs? or no

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Basically

Initial duck > standing grab (includes JC grab)
Prolonged duck < standing grab (includes JC grab)
Initial duck < dash grab
Prolonged duck < dash grab

Kira-

Smash Champion
how long does the initial duck last?

i guess we gotta get good at timing our ducks

GofG

Smash Champion
29%-45% depending on how well you know they can smash buttons

if they are amazing then don't try til 38%-45%.

the blizzards doesn't give that extra frame of hit stun like normal hits do.

but best use it at the very start any type of waiting will make it easier for them to break out
i'd just like to note that lozr, who presses l, r, a, b, x, y, and spins the control stick, all very very rapidly, the SECOND he gets grabbed, can't be blizzarded in a grab without breaking out until around 60%

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
but the problem would be she would have to duck for 8 frames at least due to the fact of the 6 frame differece in popo and nana and grabs last 2 frames each.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
GofG, if LOZR always mashes buttons when he gets grabbed, dthrow dair is guaranteed. No need to blizzard him if he's not going to bother to DI the chaingrab. xD

Vts

Smash Champion
i'd just like to note that lozr, who presses l, r, a, b, x, y, and spins the control stick, all very very rapidly, the SECOND he gets grabbed, can't be blizzarded in a grab without breaking out until around 60%
odd u might be delaying the blizzard or he is already smashing before u grab him thus making it so he can break out like instantly.

cus at 40% and u blizzard just as soon as u grab they can break out if they started smashing buttons at the beginning of the blizzard

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Also, GofG, make sure you get that popo headbutt in during the second half of the blizzard. It increases stun time keeping him in longer.

But yeah if he always mashes, just dthrowdair repeatedly, or just fsmash him out randomly and hope for terror DI.

Better yet, if he is hitting L and R, just dthrow him, jab reset him, and regrab or double Fsmash.

No matter what they do, they get fked up. Do nothing, they get the blizzard. Spinning the cstick leads towards easy dthrow dairs, and fsmash deaths at 50%. Mashing shield buttons leads to guaranteed no-techs and therefore jab-resets and/or double fsmashes.

Vts

Smash Champion
Since thread is little slow thought i would tell you guys i'm going to start testing some of the hidden hit boxes inside IC moves to see what they do.

this one is down tilt but i'm almost positive that its just over lapping hit boxes.

the f-smash is one i really want to test out to see if the hilt/head hit box does little kb or dmg or possible more who knows i need to mess around with these.

also random tip of the day, upsmash has longer hit box from hitting from the back it allows you to hit jigglypuff when she sleeps to hit her upwards, if you face her you will miss.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If my theory is right, it would explain why, when they're mashed up against you/slightly behind, or when you uthrow fsmash, the trajectory is reversed.

Top Bottom