• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Naruto VS Cloud possible!) Replacing characters with other Brawl characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds22

Smash Lord
When I saw the vid Joshl92 made of the two Link PSA's at once (found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8tFcwYnfc ), I asked him what he did.
He said he only renamed FitLink.pac to FitToonLink.pac and placed those Link files in the Toon Link folder.
At first I didn't believe him, but after I tried to do it myself, I found out that it really worked (shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuREv2RdUwo ).
I wondered why this was possible and if it would work for other characters.
I tried bluntly replacing characters with Cloud, only to find out it didn't work.
That's when I thought about the wholu module thing.
So I looked into both Link's and Toon Link's module file with Phantom Wings Module viewer (a program called aU2f91.exe which he posted on Smash Boards for people who actually know how to edit modules, which I don't know) and saw that Link and Toon Link have the same amount of Constructor lines.
So I went to look into Ike's module file and find a character with the same amount of Constructor lines as Ike and I found out that Meta Knight has the same amount of Constructor lines.
So I went on and did the same thing I did with Link and renamed the files to match Meta Knight's name and putted it into the Meta Knight folder.
And guess what?
IT WORKED!!!
Well, to an extent...
Here is the proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlh63LO-PA
Try doing it yourself if you don't believe me, you will be surprised.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
interesting...although, im not exactly sure whyitd freeze...
i tried something similar before, replacing lucarios files with all of lucas's except for the module, and i guess it worked, but i couldnt use certain moves

ds22

Smash Lord
interesting...although, im not exactly sure whyitd freeze...
i tried something similar before, replacing lucarios files with all of lucas's except for the module, and i guess it worked, but i couldnt use certain moves
Maybe something specific in Meta Knight's module idk.
But at least now I know why and how it works.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I hope PW or somebody makes an easier Module Editor. I can imagine that replacing characters like this could be made into an automated process with no glitches.

ds22

Smash Lord
Here's a list of the amount of Constructors of each character,
Each character that matches in number are interchangeable:

Captain Falcon 8
King Dedede 16
Diddy Kong 15
Donkey Kong 15
Falco 1
Fox 1
Mr. Game and Watch 17
Ganondorf 7
Ice Climbers 13
Ike 6
Kirby 15
Bowser 9
Link 9
Lucario 5
Lucas 15
Luigi 5
Mario 7
Marth 5
Meta Knight 6
Ness 19
Peach 4
Pikachu 8
Olimar 17
Pit 7
Pokemon Trainer(all poké's) 7
Jigglypuff 5
R.O.B. 7
Samus/ZSS 12
Snake 9
Sonic 5
Toon Link 9
Wario 27
Wolf 1
Yoshi 18
Fighting Alloy Team 4
Zelda 23

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Strange that Ness and Lucas dont have the same number....

Also! Where's the module editor?! I didn't even know it was out!

ds22

Smash Lord
Strange that Ness and Lucas dont have the same number....

Also! Where's the module editor?! I didn't even know it was out!
It's a Module Viewer, not editor.
It lets you view hex offsets inside the Module file.
EDIT: I have been told by Dingoberriz that Ike works over Marth, which could mean that you can also replace characters with lower numbers.
EDIT2: Nope, Ike over Marth is just an exception of the rule.
But I have to look if it is something File Size Limit related, as for Ike over Jigglypuff didn't work.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Partial marth<-->mario switching is possible.
In other words, you can replace characters with higher numbers.

ds22

Smash Lord
Partial marth<-->mario switching is possible.
In other words, you can replace characters with higher numbers.
You tried?
Because I can confirm that Cloud works better when done over Marth then over Meta Knight (beside the fact the game freezes when you hit someone with Up-B).

Matteron

Smash Ace
It is strange though, because razanak 7 is working on shadow over snake using the original sonic model, but it still works.
Also, new avatar for mez ^^

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
It is strange though, because razanak 7 is working on shadow over snake using the original sonic model, but it still works.
Also, new avatar for mez ^^
well raznak 7 is makeing animations instead of just importing them onto the charcter

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I don't know ANYTHING about any of this; the farthest I've went was getting Brawl + and using different textures.

But this is freakin' AMAZING. I can't believe it. I would love to see all kinds of characters in this!

If someone could push me in the right direction on how to learn this or texture hacking, I'd appreciate it very very much.

But pioneers like you are what make our community so great. Thanks.

Awesome find!

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
This is awesome and apparently Ice Climbers and Pikachu are compatible with each other

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Oi oi, did I finally turn senile and forget that I released it? Has someone been browsing through a certain archive? Or perhaps I've spontaneously developed an alter ego that's running around behind my back. (my bets are on that last one :laugh:)

Well, I wanted it to be in a more complete form before releasing it, but no harm done. In any case, I might as well give you guys the rundown on what I know about the modules if they're going to go public. Community involvement always seems to speed up the process no matter how good of a hacker you are.

For those of you who have knowledge in Object Orient Programming, you'll probably get where I'm coming from (indeed, the source file names referenced inside the files have the .cpp extension :bee:) If you browse through the end half of a module file using a hex editor you'll notice that there are certain strings that seems to be placed randomly and look sort of like declarations for something (ParamAccesser<0, 255, null> etc.) these are the classes that make up the character. The seemingly randomly sized empty space beneath them will later be filled by pointers to members and methods after the file loads itself The strings themselves don't appear to serve any purpose except to make understanding the files easier (thanks Nintendo!) but rather, the resources that are needed for the classes are handled via the constructors.

I would guess that because these classes are either just container classes or derived classes of such, it's possible for something like Toonlink's clawshot to load Link's clawshot .pac data without too much difficulty (of course, there's going to be some difference due to a different derivation of the article class)

I'd love to elaborate a bit more on this, but I've gotta' split pretty soon.

ds22

Smash Lord
Oi oi, did I finally turn senile and forget that I released it? Has someone been browsing through a certain archive? Or perhaps I've spontaneously developed an alter ego that's running around behind my back. (my bets are on that last one :laugh:)

Well, I wanted it to be in a more complete form before releasing it, but no harm done. In any case, I might as well give you guys the rundown on what I know about the modules if they're going to go public. Community involvement always seems to speed up the process no matter how good of a hacker you are.

For those of you who have knowledge in Object Orient Programming, you'll probably get where I'm coming from (indeed, the source file names referenced inside the files have the .cpp extension :bee:) If you browse through the end half of a module file using a hex editor you'll notice that there are certain strings that seems to be placed randomly and look sort of like declarations for something (ParamAccesser<0, 255, null> etc.) these are the classes that make up the character. The seemingly randomly sized empty space beneath them will later be filled by pointers to members and methods after the file loads itself The strings themselves don't appear to serve any purpose except to make understanding the files easier (thanks Nintendo!) but rather, the resources that are needed for the classes are handled via the constructors.

I would guess that because these classes are either just container classes or derived classes of such, it's possible for something like Toonlink's clawshot to load Link's clawshot .pac data without too much difficulty (of course, there's going to be some difference due to a different derivation of the article class)

I'd love to elaborate a bit more on this, but I've gotta' split pretty soon.
I found it by accident.
Your still working on your Module editor, right?
And how is the progress going?
Also, what you said about the strings you find when opening the module file in a hex editor, are these strings editable or are they hard coded to the module (and the character)?

(And wow, Phantom Wings posting in a thread I posted, I feel honored :) ).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yay for Phantom's post of knowledge. :D

Glad to see there's going to be more progress on this. Until there is though,

I think I'll just continue to mess around with this since it's so fun. X3

Not only is having Shadow and Silver in the same match as Sonic awesome, but now I can finally fight Hyper Sonic using Sonic himself, who is my best main. Hyper may not be able to use his B attacks, aside from Air Side-B, or be able to double jump, but he's still as formidable as ever. Especially if you fight him on a run off stage.

I wonder who I should replace next... :3

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
Well I can say Lucario isn't compatible with Luigi (despite them having the same number. Maybe I'm doing something wrong <.<)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
What about Marth?
Anyone know who he'd go over that'll work well?
If it's Sonic that'll work perfectly given my situation
(Sorry Sonic fans. My sibling...Uh..Isn't a fan to say the least,
plus it's his Wii, Brawl, decision on who gets switched for who, etc : / )
I wants mah boi >:3 8

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People have tried, people have failed.

Tooo baaad. :3 *SMACKED*

Thany

Smash Journeyman
???

Hwa?

*doesn't understand what you mean*

Does...That mean that Roy'll only work over Marth?

New question then,

Who will Marth work the best over?(So Roy can replace regular Marth, and so
someone else can be axed for a copy-Marth, assuming that could work)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
???

Hwa?

*doesn't understand what you mean*

Does...That mean that Roy'll only work over Marth?

New question then,

Who will Marth work the best over?(So Roy can replace regular Marth, and so
someone else can be axed for a copy-Marth, assuming that could work)
I'm saying that Marth has yet to work over anyone else, which means Roy won't work either. :3

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
Here's a list of the amount of Constructors of each character,
Each character that matches in number are interchangeable:

Captain Falcon 8
King Dedede 16
Diddy Kong 15
Donkey Kong 15
Falco 1
Fox 1
Mr. Game and Watch 17
Ganondorf 7
Ice Climbers 13
Ike 6
Kirby 15
Bowser 9
Link 9
Lucario 5
Lucas 15
Luigi 5
Mario 7
Marth 5
Meta Knight 6
Ness 19
Peach 4
Pikachu 8
Olimar 17
Pit 7
Pokemon Trainer(all poké's) 7
Jigglypuff 5
R.O.B. 7
Samus/ZSS 12
Snake 9
Sonic 5
Toon Link 9
Wario 27
Wolf 1
Yoshi 18
Fighting Alloy Team 4
Zelda 23
Are you sure you didn't miscount sonic's or marth's constructors? because I moved sonic's files over marth and none of his specials work, The FS freezes the game, and you can't double jump.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
Yay for Phantom's post of knowledge. :D

Glad to see there's going to be more progress on this. Until there is though,

I think I'll just continue to mess around with this since it's so fun. X3

Not only is having Shadow and Silver in the same match as Sonic awesome, but now I can finally fight Hyper Sonic using Sonic himself, who is my best main. Hyper may not be able to use his B attacks, aside from Air Side-B, or be able to double jump, but he's still as formidable as ever. Especially if you fight him on a run off stage.

I wonder who I should replace next... :3
What characters did you replace? I can't seem to find a char that I can replace with sonic.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hyper was over DK, Silver over Luigi, and Shadow over Marth. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom