• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus Presents: ATHF Smashfest Training April 9th Westminster, MD FT: Bdubs

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
More details to come, but this will be friday night ONLY.

Address:

364 Winged Foot Drive
Westminster, MD 21158

Venue Fee: $2

We may have a mini tournament for various games for $2.

Basically you can come on friday after 7pm and stay the night or just come over on saturday. We'll be in my old house's basement. Everyone has to leave saturday by 6pm though, so we may go to wild wings after we leave. We have the entire basement, which is about as big as ChuDat's basement including the garage space he had except without all the random stuff in the way, so that basically means its bigger.

My dad lives here as well, so there are a couple rules:

1. We will have access to the 1st floor and the basement. More space than we'll ever need, but we'll have it.
2. Alcohol is BANNED. Sorry folks, but kids will be here and I'm not willing to take any chances.
3. I don't think this will be an issue, but I'd prefer people not smoke outside near the house. Smoking is nasty and I hate it.

I CAN ONLY HAVE 16 PEOPLE OVER (including me, so that means 15 people) so if you want to come you have to sign up here. ATHF gets first priority, then ATHF honorary, then everyone else. You're welcome to bring any game you like to the fest. We will have various TVs (maybe 3 or 4) setup, but I'll need you all to supply the setups. More TVs would be really helpful.

If we do have a tournament, we'll be using the rules from SOVAman's upcoming event REGARDLESS of what version of brawl we use. For Kart and Pokemon we might do something else. If people want to LAN XBOX 360s as well, you're more than welcome to drag your xbox along. I have a couple hubs that you can use.

If you have any questions, PM me or Txt me, if you call me with a random number I won't answer it. 443-605-3076.

Reservations:

1. Tantalus
2. Coney
3. EEvisu
4. JCaesar
5. Thunderhorse
6. SnackAttack
7. Seagull
8. Mystery Tiger Teen
9. BetaZealot
10. Korn
11. Korn's Driver
12. VanillaWaffle
13. Pink Fresh
14. Cook
15. TakeDOWN

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll probably come if Mysterytigerteen can come. We'd only be able to stay till 11 ish though. Don't confirm me yet. I'll talk to her today about it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well i'll reserve the 3 of you spots until you tell me otherwise. Korn said he wanted to go, so he'll be on the list too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ok, me and Caitie are confirmed.

I hope June can come cause I want some matches with June's Lucario.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Lol this is gonna be fun ;)

Hopefully I can bring a challenge ^^

ChuDat

Smash Master
Could you cancel this Tant and schedule it for next week? MLG Orlando is going to be next week so I wouldn't be able to come. Don't satisfy me though, just do whatever everyone wants.

I plan on hosting a Grand Finale Bi-weekly on this date.

If this date is changed, I will host a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament this Saturday AND/OR Pokemon tournament.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I can't reschedule! This is perfect to my schedule- I can't do anything saturday evening, and the week of the 17th i have a work project I have to do. So no, I can't reschedule. This will still happen.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm sure that you'll still get plenty of people, Chu.

I would come to your bi-weekly, but I would rather go to a Smashfest since it's better training and more of a hangout than anything.

Good luck with the turnout at any rate.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^^And it's twice the distance for you.

Well this is still on, we're gonna hang out, maybe go to Bdubs if people have money, and cause havoc in westminster. Plus play some games and have an all out good time. Since Chu is having a tournament, we won't do a tournament unless there is major demand for one.

ChuDat

Smash Master
^^^And it's twice the distance for you.

Well this is still on, we're gonna hang out, maybe go to Bdubs if people have money, and cause havoc in westminster. Plus play some games and have an all out good time. Since Chu is having a tournament, we won't do a tournament unless there is major demand for one.
Thanks Tant. Like I said in my thread, you should consider your options :).

Snack - Not to steal you away from Tant or anything but my bi-weeklies are all about training and hanging out plus we got the best people from MD/VA attending.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Thanks Tant. Like I said in my thread, you should consider your options :).

Snack - Not to steal you away from Tant or anything but my bi-weeklies are all about training and hanging out plus we got the best people from MD/VA attending.
Sorry guy, not this time. :ohwell:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well there is probably no chance I will be able to come to this now

And I am pretty sure there is no chance june can come

to far and no ride :\

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright, so does anyone mind if I cut this to just Friday night instead of saturday as well? People can stay the night over if need be and we'll go to chus in the morning, then you'd just need a ride home from there or need a ride home from my place if you come back with me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've had a Philly tourney set on this date for a while that EE and the gang said they might be up for attending.

After you guys complaining about how south jersey is too far I go ahead and host a Philly event :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've had a Philly tourney set on this date for a while that EE and the gang said they might be up for attending.

After you guys complaining about how south jersey is too far I go ahead and host a Philly event :/

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
Oh I guess that works, not sure if I can make friday though.

Man I wish I could convince my parents to let me stay over.

Chu's house is like 15-25 mins away.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hold a spot for Thunderhorse and I. We're still discussing our options in our crew thread but this is looking likely.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Just Friday. We'll be going back to my place whenever the festivities die down Friday night.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hmmm

my mom wants me to cancel it anyways, so I think friday night only will be perfect. This way people don't have to spend the night over. I'll play whatever people bring rofl.

So we're good for friday night only then! I'll edit the OP.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Also, if we go to bdubs, you'll have to go before we get there, without me. I have to clean out the place a little bit.

Coney

Smash Master
considering going to this if FNB doesn't do anything this weekend

can i reserve a spot, since it doesn't look like 15 others are gonna fill out?

if i do come i'll be playing all wario :3

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
sure thing!

About Saturday: you're all welcome to stay the night but I might wake you up and kick you out. If you live close it'd probably be better for you just to go chill at home. I know Coney and Snak are coming from a bit of a distance.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If anyone wants to sleep in after the fest, you are all welcome to crash at my place (about 10 minutes from Tant's). TH and I can give rides to anyone who needs one. We'll be smashing all day Saturday at my place, and doing a livestream later on.

Oh and I believe Combo Knight will be joining us for the fest.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important note:

Since I cut it back to friday night only, I'll reduce your venue fee to $1 if you bring a setup. Thanks!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Good deal Jceaser!

Yup, I'm coming, but not without my mom *****ing about it.

She's mad because I'm missing ten dollars.

I would just sit on a computer for three hours instead of hanging out with friends, I mean is that really what she wants?

****ing crazy if you ask me.

OH

My dad of course is whipped, he's on my side until she rages then he flips right away.

I ****ing hate living here.

Top Bottom