• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 33 Matchup Discussion: Ness!

Padô

Smash Lord
Ok.

Ness.

I don't know much about this MatchUp. I'm giving away my opinion by the way so DO NOT HESITATE to post here and give your numbers and opinions.

Love you all <3

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Ground release to fsmash works, as does ground release to down tilt. I prefer to just use fthrow until killing percentages though, but that's a matter of preference (hence: I prefer). Ness has some crazy *** spacing which involves jumping around a lot, uair works fine in this matchup if Ness does not wish to commit to a ground game (which they should). Don't fish for a grab, Ness is rather good at preventing that.

Watch out for backthrow at killing percentages, it's not rare for both players to actually start fishing for a grab when they're both at 140%, only to end up killing one another through more practical means (in Wario's case: Uair or a fart, perhaps offstage bair, Ness' case: uair or bair).

Don't be afraid to space Ness horizontally as well as vertically, bair and fair may work fine in this matchup, make sure you don't commit to dair too much even though it works really well here.

Watch out for PKT2, it's not really MU specific but people should be more careful on underestimating it :/

55-45, perhaps 60-40 but I don't know the MU well enough for that. It does seem like a small advantage at least though.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'd say 60-40. I used to main Ness.

He's still good in the air and has good range. The grab release and our broken stage choices against him keep it around that. We need to be careful when edgeguarding him, tho. One fatal mistake and there goes a stock. They'll ban RC, and our best bet is to ban FD. IMO, the best cp against him is lylat since he'll ban RC.

Padô

Smash Lord
Well,

The only thing I usually be aware of is his Fair (damage racking) and Uair (For the kill). We don't really have too much problems on this matchup If Ness starts brickwalling against you just attack properly from above and you should be fine, careful with his Uair on killing perents while trying to approach from above also, IT KILLS, believe me. I recommend you to save FSmash for a GR > FSmash near the edge that could kill Ness at 90%.

Ness's Bair wont be fresh though he'll use it for approach sometimes and to rack some damage too and, if you DI it properly you'll survive at abnormous %s.

About recoveries, DO NOT recover from below, his dair will **** you up in both ways, sweetspotted or sourspotted, it'll knock you of the bike suficiently to mess up your UpB, but I believe no Wario is doing that. About his recovery, gimp city, fart, fair, nair, bair, bite, just land whatever you want to mess it up, when he uses his upb he just got a little lag after doing the whole movement to recover so gimp him while he's trying to do it.

I believe it's 60-40 Wario tending to 65-35.

Top Bottom