• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 24=May 8th, 2010! Bring wii/tv/ssbb for free drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 24​

Its that time again. Time for another HOBO! This HOBO will be very different from the previous ones in a way that some people will LOVE and others will hate(i hope not though). The rules for this HOBO will be MLG rules. Meaning, this HOBO will use MLG stages and the MLG strike system...nothing else. If you are confused or worried, please relax and read below. I promise you, you will still have loads of fun like you do at every HOBO.

Venue: Fun Plex

Date/time: May 8th, 2010. Be there by 11am and we start at 12:30pm (If you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because I HATE late people).

Address:
13700 Beechnut St.
Houston, TX
If you have problems, call Xyro (409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-300-8039)

Address specifics: GO THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE of FUNPLEX. Once inside, continue going straight untill u see a MASSIVE stair case in the MAIN AREA. Go up the stairs and take a right....you will see the gaming area. ALL players/spectators/random walk in's MUST obtain a WRIST BAND at the entrance of the HOBO room. If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops).

Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html

HOBO 24 Fees/Events: Entry=7$ wrist band, Reg 1vs1=10$, Reg 2vs2=20$(10$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 1v1=5$

TYS 9 Fees/Events: Entry=7$ wrist band(unless you already have it), SF4=10$, T6=10$, MVC2=10$, MELEE=10$ TvC=10$ (Bring Your Own Setups=Consoles/tv's/controllers)

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9362

Live stream: Coming soon...........

www.airbrushking.net (check front page for live stream)

__________________________________________________ _

HOUSING

Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Funplex. it will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.

If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread!

__________________________________________________ ___

SETUPS

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Every person who bring a FULL SET-UP will get a ticket that grants them a FREE DRINK of their choice. Sodas/Energy drinks/bottled water......etc. Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out. If you seriously cant bring a full set up, please bring a Wii but remember you WILL NOT get that free drink.

__________________________________________________ _____

RULES

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1, Delfino, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Castle Siege

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Greens, Norfair, Pictochat

Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE. PERIOD!

The PAYOUT for 1vs1 is 10$(low tier may be different)

If 1-79 players attend

1st=60%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

If 80-100 players attend

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

If 101+ players attend

1st=50%
2nd=20%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=5%
7th(x2)=2.5%

The PAYOUT for 2vs2 is 20$=10$ per player

1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 7 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

__________________________________________________ ___

HOBO GRANT

What is the HOBO Grant?

The HOBO Grant is a way to bring players(by plane/train/bus...ect) from out of state to attend a normal hobo or even a WHOBO.

How do we go about choosing the players?

I need everybody who donates to also include a list of 10 players they would like to see most at a future HOBO or WHOBO event. The player with the most votes will be picked first and the 2nd highest votew count will be the next....ect

The funds, how do we raise them?

Its simple! Just donate 2-3$ at each HOBO when you register for your events. You are also allowed to donate more than the minimum amount. The person who donates the most at a single hobo will be granted free entry into 2 events of thier choice. If the "HOBO GRANT player" player wins any amount of money at the event, he is required to put back the amount of money we spent on him to get here.

How do we know you aint tryin to steal our money?

When you donate, your name and amount will be record and posted on the results thread as well as the "master list" i have on my computer. ANYBODY is welcome to view the master list at anytime. You are also welcome to come up to me at any hobo and SEE(with your eyes, not hands) the money raised at each hobo. I have no interest in stealing from you.

How long will it take to get a player to a HOBO

It depends but here is an example to go by....

If 40 players attend HOBO XYZ and donate 3$, thats 120$. The average plane ticket is 220$+

Xyro77

Read the rules! Things have changed! TOs all across the USA are pickng up MLG rules so im afraid i have to also. UTD is doing the same because we want our players to be ready for MLG when it gets here in NOVEMBER.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*looks at rules*

And so it begins...

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
I'm liking all my sexy CPs being Neutrals now, but this is going to kinda suck. Also, I heard that Team Attack is OFF for MLG Rules, will that apply to HOBO as well?

Xyro77

I'm liking all my sexy CPs being Neutrals now, but this is going to kinda suck. Also, I heard that Team Attack is OFF for MLG Rules, will that apply to HOBO as well?
Do you really think i would allow team attack to be OFF? Come on now. Besides, MLG fixed all that stuff.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Oh thank god. Team atk off? That is a disaster waiting to happpen. I'm glad they fixed that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, I won't be in Texas this weekend.

Next time I can come to HOBO will be in August, sadly.

Xyro77

have fun getting 1st in LT teams espy and prime
seriously, that will NOT happen! i dont understand how a ZELDA+JIGGS got so far. Im willing to bet that me and razer could beat espy and kprime in a LT 2vs2 mm

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
seriously, that will NOT happen! i dont understand how a ZELDA+JIGGS got so far. Im willing to bet that me and razer could beat espy and kprime in a LT 2vs2 mm
Whatever you guys do, don't sidebet on this!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Couldn't a Jiggs set up into Zelda's uair with uthrow or pound or something? Maybe I'm just being dumb...but since most of the low tiers or light/middle, it would kill them at stupidly low percents...

I might want to enter low tier teams just to see how far I get, but who would team with me...?

Smoom77

Smash Master
RT my boy, team with me if Greyfox can't come. (I'm assuming he isn't cause SA can't come to anything :( )

Suspect

Smash Hero
The wii-motes interfere with the ferris wheel there, and some of the food shop places have said the wii-motes have caused their cash registers to act up. idk man

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Are you gonna allow Bowser to be LT at HOBOs, Xyro?

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Hmm...this is about an hour away, I think I can come to this! =)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
RT my boy, team with me if Greyfox can't come. (I'm assuming he isn't cause SA can't come to anything :( )
You. Are. High.

San Antonio has gone to PLENTY of HOBOs, and have attended BOTH WHOBOs.

If anything, we need to be showing Phase some more love right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom