• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bdacus

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Falco can bdacus Diddy, Falco, and Falcon out of an air release. In order to do it to Falcon you have to charge the up smash slightly.

Falco might also be able to do it to Snake and DDD. If it works, the up smash has to be charged slightly. He could probably do this to a few more characters, but I haven't tried it yet.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Pfft I still don't even know how to even dacus let alone bdacus lol. Once i find out i'll try that stuff out :/ it sounds amazing.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Oh ****, this should be very good. I still haven't messed with b-dacus at all yet, so I suppose I will have to mess around with that as well to figure this out.

Very good information, though. Thanks!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So umm, how do you do it? 0_o
Seems kinda useful

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wolf probably also, and squirtle.
also possibly possible:
bowser, link, ganon, zss, charizard, ike, sonic, pikachu, lucas

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
They won't air release anyway if they don't press jump while trying to break out of the grab.
SHDL to BDacus and down throw to BDacus is **** <3
I can do the bdacus constantly now. On friday I'm going to go to a tournament. I hope it will help me getting some kills :)

Denzi

Smash Master
MK should still work, right? We can regular DACUS him so BDACUS should be no problem.

And I can't BDACUS either >_<

I want to see some sort of controller view vid or something.

D1

Banned via Administration
<3

Just so I don't get infracted I'm typing this.

*edit*

Is dthrow to BDACUS truly guaranteed? Cuz if so there's no need to get the air release bdacus correct?

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
I learned how to BDACUS by some weird shine method.

Like when the shine gets back to his body, start the BDACUS.

Then do without reflector.

I can't do it that well anymore though..

D1

Banned via Administration
I learned how to BDACUS by some weird shine method.

Like when the shine gets back to his body, start the BDACUS.

Then do without reflector.

I can't do it that well anymore though..
Can you combo BDACUS after shine (trip)?

M@v

Subarashii!
I've only learned how to bdacus out of an upair so far. Even then I'm incosistent since the timing is crazy. Can you, the other falcos, and I discuss this @ MLG?

Vlade

Social Outcast
I just disregarded BDACUS when it was first discovered because it seemed pretty useless to me

But Falco isn't tall enough to force an air release on any character really without slopes, right?

swordsaint

Smash Master
I just disregarded BDACUS when it was first discovered because it seemed pretty useless to me

But Falco isn't tall enough to force an air release on any character really without slopes, right?
Then maybe this will be a technique that make stages with slopes better for Falco.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
<3
Is dthrow to BDACUS truly guaranteed? Cuz if so there's no need to get the air release bdacus correct?
It's just **** fast and works if the opponent doesn't DI upwards. Even if he always manages to airdodge, you can charge it and hit after the air dodge animation ends.
Once I was on the high platform of battlefield, the opponent had like 90% and I could hit and kill him with down throw -> BDacus. I also could hit my opponent sometimes at like 130%.
I'll upload a new video maybe soon.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yea clowsuis right

I don't think BDACUS has any advantages over DACUS, since you have to charge a BDACUS get the same distance as a reg DACUS so they're pretty much the same cept reg DACUS is much easier to do.
Idk personally I think DACUS is better since its much easier to do, you can control when you want to do it and can be done out of nothing, and so far it can be done on those grab releases you listed.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I dunno though, I used it in tourney against Kira's Falco after dthrow and it can throw people off.

Charging especially catches people off guard who airdodge without second thought.

Then again...

I think everyone should try incorporating it in friendlies just to see if it's worth anything. It never hurts to give something a closer look right?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You can ask Kira or Willz if you're going to be like that. >:/

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Idk, what i posted is just what I think, it would be nice if someone could confirm if BDACUS > DACUS and what its advantages are, so its worth learning. Really hard to do IMO lol.

So far the regular DACUS works on Diddy MK Falco Falcon, not too sure about Snake or DDD

clowsui

Smash Legend
there are distinct advantages to bdacus and dacus

bdacus it's easier to do crossups w/ since you slide but at the same time the usmash activates earlier. however it's easy to beat airdodges using this one
dacus usmash hitbox activates later and is easier to use. intercepts ppl falling way more consistently/easier to space

pick and choose

J4pu

Smash Champion

you are a smart smart man, BDACUS has no real improvement on Falco's DACUS, it goes about a body length further (which is probably ~10% of DACUS distance) and comes out at the same speed ignoring the 1 frame buffer advantage of the Usmash canceling the DA
And no, he can't release anybody without a slope (except maybe squirtle, I remember somebody arguing with me once)

I've also heard from a reliable source before (I forget who, but it may have been Ankoku) that you can't buffer anything out of a grab release, therefore you can't bDACUS out of a grab release, you're probably just using DACUS, I mean like i said before, you would never know which one you're using without a side-by-side comparison

Of course I've always wondered why "pros" would never try and "bait" an air release from an opponent into a DACUS at kill percents, it's not that hard, just pummel until they start mashing, worst case scenario they don't mash and you can pummel them like 8 times (at kill percents)

I'd like to take back saying bDACUS is completely useless, the cross-up would be nice in case they shield it.

Falco is tall enough to do it on a few people. If someone was part of the Falco Backroom thing they could find a post I made on all the people Falco could force an air release on no matter what.

I do remember that if Falco Dthrow -> regrab yoshi in the CG percents, for some reason Yoshi will be forced into an air release.

But, that is the only thing I remember out of my testing.

you are a smart smart man, BDACUS has no real improvement on Falco's DACUS, it goes about a body length further (which is probably ~10% of DACUS distance) and comes out at the same speed ignoring the 1 frame buffer advantage of the Usmash canceling the DA
And no, he can't release anybody without a slope (except maybe squirtle, I remember somebody arguing with me once
Again, there are a few he can do it as. Squitle is another one who if you regrab in CG percents will be in a position to be forced into an air release. No idea why it does that compared ot a regular grab, but the thing is that it does happen.

Also, I belive Bdacus has the advantage over regular dacus because it ignores that intial dash animation right? A dash takes about 3 frames to activate. I believe I heard someone say buffering enables to ignore that initial dash input needed. Although, I have no proof to back this up, so probably shoudl just forget what I said.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
The great thing about Bdacus out of d-throw is that they have to predict it and buffer an air dodge to not get hit by it(unless they DI up). this means if you down throw to Bdacus once for the kill and then grab them near an edge and d-throw they'll instinctively air dodge resulting in you spiking them.

The great thing about Bdacus out of d-throw is that they have to predict it and buffer an air dodge to not get hit by it(unless they DI up). this means if you down throw to Bdacus once for the kill and then grab them near an edge and d-throw they'll instinctively air dodge resulting in you spiking them.
Couldn't someone just do as they do for MK's Dthrow and DI down to get to the stage floor quicker and tech to avoid that? Either way, this would eventually force people to try to DI in partilcular ways. Most of the time it seems no one bother DIing it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
i kind of doubt it comes out that much earlier
I think people hold down attack for DACUS making it seem to come out slower, but you have to hold it down if you want to attack at full range, otherwise you might as well just hyphen smash an uncharged one

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Couldn't someone just do as they do for MK's Dthrow and DI down to get to the stage floor quicker and tech to avoid that?
If they do so they'll get hit by the BDacus for sure.
I've done it tons of times.
It hits before they can touch the ground.

i kind of doubt it comes out that much earlier
I think people hold down attack for DACUS making it seem to come out slower, but you have to hold it down if you want to attack at full range, otherwise you might as well just hyphen smash an uncharged one
UGH!! ZUT! DARNIT ZUT!

Are we ever going to get some tech savvy person for the Falco boards that will be able to do all of this stuff like frame data, hitbubbles, etc. I really doubt GOD3's data to be entirely accurate.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
hao2BDACUS?

The youtube tutorial wasn't really that helpful. Regardless, from what I understood it's "during the lag for some move XX, analog stick right/left + C-up at the same time, then mash C-up"

Y/N?

Denzi

Smash Master
hao2BDACUS?

The youtube tutorial wasn't really that helpful. Regardless, from what I understood it's "during the lag for some move XX, analog stick right/left + C-up at the same time, then mash C-up"

Y/N?
Yeah, that's basically it, but the 2nd C-up needs to be done after the control stick returns to neutral but before the lag ends.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
how do u even do bdacus with the wiichuck? i can do dacus with it by dash>down dpad>up joystick and a.
but is there anyway i can bdacus with a wiichuck?

Top Bottom