• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLAST - Smells Like a Smash Tournament: 7/10/2010, Wichita, KS

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You nebraskans need to keep it down. Some of us are trying not to sleep
Sorry we take the Tyser Power Ranking system very seriously in Nebraska. :chuckle:

Is there even going to be time to warm up or is that what teams are for?

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. If I catch you playing friendlies during the tournament, I will disqualify you. I don't care if you're scrub-status or pro-status (or anything in between); I have no time to waste.

I am working to get the time we have extended by four (4) hours so that we may have extra time. Past experiences inform me that midwest tournies are dilatory, so I doubt that we may finish on schedule with the current timeframe.
I completely agree. As much as friendlies would be nice, this needs to be a successful tournament. Being at No Koast and seeing how many people complained about it, myself included, the riff raff needs to be cut out. Convenient tournament isn't the goal, a successful tourney is.

EDIT: @ Cook...Plans on our group and its housing arrangements?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I may want to come to this tourney first but need some money and a ride first. Tyser, want to help a brother out?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Gamer Name: ((Lux))
State: (KS)
Wii? (Yes)
SSBB? (Yes)
TV? (Only if you want my ****ty 16" CRT)
GCN? (No)
SSBM? (No)

I'll also be bringing a roommate that doesn't have an SWF, but he'll probably only play doubles with me.

In regard to housing*: I live in an apt in Lawrence KS, 2.5 hours away from Wichita. I actually have an extra bedroom free as well as 3 couches and a foam pad. So if you're a northern out of stater and need some housing, it's only a few hours of a drive away on the way back home for you. PM me if you are interested.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'll be at this. Not sure exactly when though.

EDIT: If I can get there early enough, I'll bring my setup.

:metaknight:

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Mr. Doom, will Mage's DQ rule be in effect?

If not. It should be.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Jbm the tournament is actually at massive's place in missouri

yeah nvm about any kc melee dudes coming to this, maybe next time

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Since a lot of melee players bailed out on the tournament here in Wichita, there may not be a Melee tournament. This will end up being Brawl only. I will determine whether or not we will drop Melee by Wednesday...

But Brawl is still happening.

Dnyce

Smash Master
5 hrs away for the same competition as 3 hrs away.

GGz fino.
You couldn't hold it a week or two away? How about two melee tournaments instead of 1? Instead you would rather diminish or split up a tournament that has been listed for a over a month.

What I'm saying is you saw the Slast tournament, and was like "Hey, there's a tournament this day... but it's a bit too far for me to go, let's make our own tournament and tell everyone going to that tournament that's already up to come to ours."

GG douchebag.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Im not holding the tourney in Lawrence. Massive always has these smashfests when people are interested and i decided that i'd like to get some good practice with KCs best. Brawl+melee tourneys are ran horribly usually, and what melee scene would have even been here?

Im not even sure if there are any brawl players that are better at melee that were interested in coming to this anyways besides tyser.

I see your perspective, but you also need to see mine.

NE's players only have to travel 3 hrs vs 5, 5 1/2 to play vs KS/KC melee. I made things easier on NE's smash scene which is practically all melee(the ones who play brawl don't play melee)

Basically, looking at this as open minded as possible, i decided to let brawlers play with brawlers, and melee with melee.

Not gonna argue, this is just to explain myself.

Sorry for those looking to playing NEs/KCs best in melee, but brawl isn't my interest, and neither is theirs.

Teh Future

Smash Master
imo you should drop melee (do not add a side event)

time is really restricted unless you have a backup plan on where the tournament can finish you should drop melee to make sure we can finish this

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Gamer Name: Tmacc
State: Missouri
Wii? No.
SSBB? No.
TV? No.
GCN? No.
SSBM? No.

If you are hard pressed for wiis and brawl, I could bring mine. But mine makes weird noises sometimes...

imo you should drop melee (do not add a side event)

time is really restricted unless you have a backup plan on where the tournament can finish you should drop melee to make sure we can finish this
True story.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Yahhh. And no friendlies.

We should really begin singles as soon as doubles TVs begin to open up.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Im not even sure if there are any brawl players that are better at melee that were interested in coming to this anyways besides tyser.

(the ones who play brawl don't play melee)

Basically, looking at this as open minded as possible, i decided to let brawlers play with brawlers, and melee with melee.
This is all very true, though I enjoy Melee that game has passed me by. And well, Tyser is Tyser is Tyser. And I'm all about racial/sexual/game preference segregation so JBM's got my vote for mayor.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Please take your melee arguments to pms.

If we cannot finish the brawl tournament in an orderly fashion, we will finish whatever's left of the tournament at Domo's.

Tmacc, go ahead and bring a setup. More is better than not enough.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Even though I (most likely) have a full car, I will be able to bring at least 1 tv. I'll post later if I can bring 2.

I can only bring one brawl set-up though.

Top Bottom