• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U of MN Monthly 4/10

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Melee singles:
1 Lucas
1 Amanze
3 Don Piano (sparrow)
4 Deepak
5 Fumps
5 Triple R
7 Moe
7 Jordan
9 Nappy
9 Kyle
9 Bamm
9 Pen Island
13 Max
13 Jim!
13 Isaiah
13/17 TD
13/17 Professor (leetCPU)
17 Jared
17 Ocho
17 Ritt
17 Spoool
17 Clayton
17 Matt
25 Bane
25 Cruz

Melee doubles:
1: yoshimi ($56.00)
2: gopher hole ($24.00) - (sparrow and flux)
3: Clayton and Carl - (clayton and jordan)
4: The I'll knee you in HELL!!! (ocho and TripleR)
5: Team Viet
5: Nappy and Amanze
7: Team Baily
7: JigglyPunch

Brawl Dubs:
1: GET OFF THE COUCH ($56.00)
2: Dragon Punch! ($16.00)
3: Team River Falls ($8.00)
4: The King and The Champ
5: Team SLP
5: Terrible Terrible Damage
7: What is Electricity?
7: Sneetchin On The Streets
9: Furry Nation

Brawl Singles:
1: MN Moe ($80.50) :metaknight: :marth:
2: Nappy ($23.00) :snake:
3: YoshQ ($11.50) :luigi:
4: RRR :kirby:
5: Amanze :pit:
5: Near :toon link:
7: Sin242 :ice climbers:
7: Year Old Taco :olimar:
9: Loki
9: PC Chris
9: DonPiano
9: Breezy
13: JOSO
13: Duo
13: OgBoss
13: Deepak
17: Queen
17: Ehnul
17: Epic
17: Spooool
17: Bane
17: XEELT
25: ushi

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
moe should, I don't have an account.

but yeah, as for shoutouts, gg's everyone. I sucked in tourney. My only accomplishment was beating moe in a meal match lol. I'm happy though. good day.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Nappy- Did I get any better or were you just sandbagging me? lol. close/really fun games, I was so sure I had picked up enough on your style to win in tourney lol, ggs.

Og- good stuff in teams, fun friendlies too.

Taco- good Olimar and good **** taking 7th. Bring your crew out to more tournies!

YoshQ- Ahhhh you got way better lol, I'm glad i could still keep up and not get wrecked though lmao, ggssss

People I'm forgetting- GGs, fun tourney.

This tourney was really fun, met alot of cool new people and whatnot. I"m like suuuper hyped for raging storm now, lmao.

yoshq

Smash Master
Nappy - I blame metaknight and your lack of grab upbs. at least we still have gb ;)

RRR - I should have been playing like that every time we played. I was just reading your rolls, grabs, and bairs.

Near - TL is so scary, stop paying attention for 1 sec and you get stunned by a projectile into an upsmash. ggs.

Moe - you dick

Tony - now I know what you look like lol

people from north dakota or w/e - you guys were very good, come more often and **** us!

breezy - wat happened

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
you could probably just keep these result threads inside one thread (just keep the past results under
Code:
 so that they dont take up much space (like with [quote]s).

anyway:

Ocho- Thanks for running the tournament, you have such a huge TV!  We'll have to meal match next time

Sparrow- Best set I've ever had, can't wait for the youtube

RRR-Kirby for top tier

Moe- I'm guessing you got home safely, congrats on winning brawl

Dos- Good to see you, I'll probably be at college with Christian (still have some time to decide) so hopefully I'll see you both at raging storm

Ritt- I doubt you'll see this, but great seeing you and what a surprise to see somebody from school doing tournament melee

birthday bro- didn't even see you there.....WTF

Sin- you look like your brother lol

Jordan- I didn't think I would lose to somebody I didn't know, but you are really good, keep showing up

Og- If this was your farewell, I'll miss ya, but we'll still probably do **** outside of smash anywway

Bane- Keep playing, that's really it, get that marth slippery!

--hopefully at raging storm I can stay and actually play people like kyle, amanze, moe, deepak, and lucas....

YearOldTaco

Smash Rookie
Shoutout time:

Moe - That match was INSANE! Thanks for kicking my *** over and over again in friendlies. I seriously walked out of the tournament a much better player from just playing with you and taking advice. Thanks for the compliments and I'll definitely be back!

Deepak - Good stuff man! I've never had a match were my pikmin lineup was as bad as it was in match 3 lol :p Mad props to you man.

Breezy - Really good set!

Near - BEAST MODE! Seriously man, I'm not in the least bit upset that I lost to you, you're insane! I'm definitely looking forward to a rematch at Raging Storm though :p Thanks for the shoutout!

Everyone else - Thanks for coming out and making my first major tournament a really good one! Can't wait to see you all at Raging Storm and tourneys after that!

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Totally worth the trip, frigid north crew is coming to Raging Storm for sure. Taco and I learned that teams is HARD, we're gonna play 10x as hard at RS.

Moe- nice friendlies, sorry about the CGs bro.

Deepak- 7.5 minute game vs Taco was awesome, nothing outcamps oli.

Amanze- Your zamus is beast mode, very fun to watch.

RRR- Thanks for melee friendlies, losing to Kirby was pretty cool imo.

D

Deleted member

shoutouts:
Max: thanks for squelchin those dill picks, and i love you brozer
pen island aka luca: thanks for crushing my spirit in melee

Misteroo

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts:
L33tCPU: Thanks for letting me gnosh on dem dill picks. Keep working on that scrubby sheik.

Pen island: Take a shower you beast.

Amanze: If I have to play you again...I swear to God i'm gonna kill myself. That chocolate will make you fat.

Triple R

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS
Melee - Here begins my terrible messup of who is who since so many different faces were there.

Cruz - I really don't remember this match :( sorry.....

Moe - Good job beating me. I'll have to be more careful with the lava on brinstar lol. When i got hit into your fsmash i was :( lol, but i was kinda funny. Still placed better in bracket :p :p :p. Keep practicing you're doing really well.

Matt (maroonish shirt guy)? - I think i played a friendly against your fox, but I don't remember our matches.... oh oh I'm just remembering lol I think you switched to marth and cp'ed Yoshi's story second match which you won, and then i gave myself space with dreamland. Fun matches. Marth is so hard for kirby XD Keep it up

Isaiah (peach person?) - Fun matches. Yeah you don't want to get into kirby's mouth offstage. When you break out you fall straight down, so basically if you get inside kirby you're basically dead. avoid at all cost lol good matches.

Pen Island - Good matches. It was really obvious you were thrown off by Kirby XD With all the times you tried to grab me or fsmash and miss becaused I ducked and then your reaction lol. Once you learn the matchup, you’ll whoop on Kirby easy, promise. Keep it up!

Jordan – Got a rematch from our first set from earlier. I was kinda nervous when you went fox this time. It was pretty even the whole set. Too bad you SD’ed with sideb 3rd match giving me a decent lead. Would have been down to the wire otherwise. Maybe next time.

Heath – Fun matches. First match was pretty even. 2nd match I let the stage do all the work. 3rd match was kinda even until you ***** me half way through the match lol. It’s always fun playing you. One of these days I’ll win :p someday…..

Ocho- Thanks for teaming with me again lol, I feel kinda bad because I always use you as a backup. I feel like we actually did really well this time. At least it felt better lol

I played a bunch of friendlies before hand and I don’t remember who you all were, I know I played some of you in bracket, but the friendlies were fun.

Brawl

Moe – Thanks for teaming with me. We were struggling a little bit, but I’d say we pulled through lol. Second set of GF was a breeze. We just need to work together more I guess. I promise to bring my A game for teams at Raging Storm. Good job in singles of course lol XD

Epic – Played a 30 second friendly with you… sorry lol, At least I played you in doubles with loki

Ogboss – I almost feel like I was too mean in our matches …. as far as not holding back. They were fun matches though. Hopefully you have fun while on your smash break.

Flux – fun matches. I’m not going to lie, I always get a little nervous whenever I see a meta, no matter who it is lmao. Good thing I have my meta experience. Sorry for gimping you in brawl lol

Loki – Fun teams match. You should’ve won for falcon punching sin twice in your match with him lol

Taco – Nice job. Didn’t play you but from the sounds of it you were doing really well. I should’ve watched your matches though since I need more oli experience and was kinda nervous if I had to play you lol. Real chill/cool guy.

Sin – Good thing I have my button mashing to save me sometimes. I could tell you were kinda nervous though with the crowd behind me and stuff. You messed up your cg’s more than I thought you should. You did really well for your first tourney. Keep up the good work. Icies can take you far.

Amanze – We seem to play each other a lot in bracket. The matches never seems to be that different from one time to the other either lol.

Yoshq – You guys almost had doubles. You were soooooo close. Good job. As far as our two sets in singles, yeah you were simply outplaying me I can’t lie lol. I’m pretty sure my brain shut off because I’ve played you a bunch. Next time I play you I’m going to have to go back to a more careful playstyle. In the end you deserved placing higher then me. Good job. I hope you found out how your car/airport situation will work because I’m pretty sure it won’t work with me, I can’t really afford to miss class, sorry….

Nappy – Again, you guys should have sealed the deal first set of doubles, because second set was like a wound that was ripped wide open and me and moe got our groove. As far as singles go, good job getting second. I really think it would help if you could calm down. You take it too seriously I think. Since your quitting I think that advice could work for things outside of smash. If Raging Storm is really your last tourney, I wish you lots of luck at it and then some after it.

Breezy – Didn’t get to see any of your matches AGAIN. I don’t know how I always miss them. Maybe next time. Otherwise fun times at the homeless BK lol. Good thing you just barely made the last bus of the night lol. And no, I didn’t get stabbed, that would make me sad. Always fun keeping it real with you.

Anyone else – Sorry If I forgot someone I played. You can remind me and I can still leave you a shoutout. So many people…….. Good games everyone.

Oh yeah, if you have access to them Ocho, you should probably put the brackets up. People usually like to look at them, like me :D

napZzz

Smash Hero
shoutouts from amanze that he sent me on facebook cuz he doesn't have an account here-

Max- It’s always fun to play against your Peach. Were gonna have to do Link dittos again next time
Kyle- Better luck next time man. I kinda agree with Heath when he said you probably shouldn’t switch if you won game 1, but I guess if you don’t like the level its all good.
Jordan- You are, hands down, the best new player I have played in the past two months. You really did a lot of Falcon stuff that I have only seen in the SS videos. Come to more smash fest and play more.
Deepak- Sorry about the controller. Hopefully it wont be a factor next time. Good job in teams BTW.
Lucas- Not a good set for me at all. You really pressured me into some poor choices. Good work and thanks for splitting with me.
Heath-Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I remember what you were telling Kyle about keeping moving and waiting for openings against Falco so I tried not to stay stagnant too often. But good job in teams and Brawl too.
--
JOSO (D3 player)- I can’t believe I got Dedecided =/. I use to play D3 too but it really wasn’t thinking at all and you took advantage of the situation. Good job and you Moorhead people should come more often. It was fun playing you guys.
Breezy/Dylan- I got really lucky on a lot of stuff in our set. Especially game two when I got the early edge hog. To be honest I am still worried about playing your Falco but at least the rivalry is tied for now =/.
Nappy/Kjell- =(
Randal- I honestly wasn’t sure if I wanted to play you or the Ice Climbers guy. Either way it wasn’t looking pretty but maybe I will get it next time.
Moe- Im 100% sure you don’t look as good as me. Get a haircut and stop making my continent look so bad, ****.
Loki- Can we team soon? Please?
Sin- Great Job on Saturday. A lot of the new people I play are not anywhere near your level. Congratulations on doing so well for a first tournament and keep coming around.
Bamm- Thanks for fixing the melee bracket, we didn’t get to play today but hopefully next time.
Near- I was pretty disappointed when you lost. It was looking so pretty too! Just keep working at it and you will get it next time.

My own shoutouts-

moe-Your playstyle is the reason people hate mk and this game. Good job with those nado's, congratulations
near-its too hard to think and keep up with all of tinks projectiles, too lazy
yoshQ-you failed me in teams....tsk tsk
sin-just go all ic's and stop crying

I'll see everyone at raging storm as my last tournament, this game sucks. Melee is worse. Time to play street fighter :)

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
@ yoshq well whats your email address? you can't send tio files over swf can you?

i'm not even sure how bamm got the file. I guess og must have emailed it to bamm since i emailed it to og haha.

and yeah, people have been posting shoutouts in the other thread too in case people haven't been looking there. we should use this thread for shoutouts though.

AND l33tcpu: I didn't think you would look here but who won between you and TD in melee singles?

Fumps

Smash Rookie
Some late shoutouts:

Clayton: Good games, I liked our set. Your fox was extremely impressive in friendlies, I can tell it’s a lot better than the first time I played your fox. You have a lot of the technical stuff down already and he could turn into a really good character for you.

Fluxwolf: Stop killing yourself!!!

Sparrow: Your Falco is too good… I have no hope of escaping your combos. The only way I can hope to make any progress is to capitalize as much as possible on my own combos, but as soon as I mess up I’m back in a 0-death from you!

Jordan: Your Falcon is amazing! It’s already way better than mine. We need to Falcon ditto more, keep coming to tournaments!

Amanze: I watched a lot of your matches, you were a beast in the tournament! I’m glad I didn’t have to play you.

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
Hey I have a few quick questions.

1) Is this at U of M TC (Minneapolis)?

2) And is the PC Chris in this tournament the real one or just someone using the name?

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
I go to UT atm but I'll be transferring to U of M for the fall semester. I look forward to playing with you guys.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Right I was going to do some shoutouts for this.

1: MN Moe - Thanks for everything you did at the tourney, good man and good **** at first :D
2: Nappy - You are a gentleman and a scholar.
3: YoshQ - haha nice seeing you again man :D
4: RRR - Don't even apologize, you got some sweet Asian *** those matches we played in bracket. RRR too good :)
5: Amanze - I hated playing you and Deepak in doubles, I'm not even kidding. It was fun though :D
5: Near - **** YO COUCH. Good **** in Dubs :D
7: Sin242 - lol14yrold
7: Year Old Taco - I heard hype, but never got to play you. Good job on 7th man.
9: Loki - Cool dude as always, too bad we probably won't Yoshi ditto ever now.
9: PC Chris - Kyle you're so cool man, take it easy and such :D
9: DonPiano - It was fun playing you Heath, take it easy too :D
9: Breezy - lol Breezy. Nothing to say other than the fact you're awesome. <3 and such kinda homo.
13: Duo - USE GNW NUB.
13: OgBoss - What a scrub. Good thing he's quitting.
13: Deepak - This guy ***** in doubles. He's a good man too :D
17: Ehnul - Your name made me laugh a rather juvenile laugh XD
17: Bane - Play more.

Anyone I may have forgot, you're all awesome too :D

Yeah I'm quitting, and yeah I don't have any plans to come back. If I decide to play again down the road, you'll hear from me again, otherwise, have a nice life gentlemen :)

Top Bottom