• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness X2 - Macho Juice. featuring Mofo+Cort - May 8th - Somerville, MA

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Mass Madness X2

IMPORTANT STUFF:
This tournament is going to be run stricter than past Mass Madness tournaments, with some slight changes in ruleset.

Pools will be run only in the event of there being 6 or more setups.

Setups are always very much needed.

If you have games to trade in this store has higher trade in values than GameStop, and discounts will be given to those who enter the tournament.

1123 Broadway
Somerville, MA 02144

Schedule

11:00 AM - Store Opens

11:30 AM - Sign ups for Melee Doubles

1 PM - Melee Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins

1:30 PM - Melee Doubles starts

2 PM - Melee Singles sign ups

3:30 PM - Melee Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins

4 PM - Melee Singles starts

The store will remain open until the tournament finishes.
Schedule is here as a guideline, and subject to change

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in cash. The store will take a 25% cut.)

Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for all events - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%

MELEE RULESET

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (explained below). Losers Finals, and Winners Finals are best out of 5, with Grand Finals being best out of 7.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Stage Striking:
At the beginning of the set, each player may strike one stage from the random list.
(It is only banned from the random selection, and can still be counter-picked later in the set)

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List:
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Onett.

Stages banned for Singles and Teams
: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside,
Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue,
Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Mute City, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (DK Rap), Jungle Japes, and Green greens.

Additional Rules:

• For teams play: team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

• Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

• Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

• Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

• Wobbling is not banned

Mages DQ Rule:
• • • 2 Minutes Late – Warning
• • • 4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
• • • 6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

• Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.

• Do not leave during the tournament. If you leave and you have a match called during the time you are out the Mages DQ rule applies to you.

• PLEASE watch the amount of profanity in the air. This store is generally considered a family friendly area, and there are small kids and their parents that show up to these tournaments. Do your best to watch yourself, we don't want to give the smash community a bad name.

SETUPS ETC
If you are bringing anything to this tournament please post in the thread or PM me so I may add you to the lists below.

TVs:
- MattDotZeb
- Improbable
- Pimpfish (possible 2)
- Banks
- Spawn (2)
-

Cubes/Wiis:
- MattDotZeb (cube)
- Improbable (cube)
- Pimpfish (possible 2)
- Banks
- Spawn (2)
-

Copies of SSBM:
- MattDotZeb
- Improbable
- Pimpfish (possible 2)
- Banks
- Spawn (2)
-

Extension Cords:
- Spawn (2)
-

Power Strips:
- Spawn (2)
-

Please bring setups!!!!

If you have any questions you may direct them to Me
AIM: MattDotZeb
Cell phone: 1-617-347-9686

Banks

Smash Hero
wait wat the ****, there are mass madness listed so confusing but i will be at both with a tv/cube/melee

wakkawakkawakkka

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Why is this Melee only? I know quite a few Brawl players in Boston who would love to go to a tourney close by.

Banks

Smash Hero
LOL

oh wow I totally need to learn to read. ^.^;;

thanks bra!
np, altho at first i also didn't notice there were two events for both games at the same venue. this place is serious bizness

and PC you better go

and ken y you better go

and pine and skler

o god

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I did say perhaps. Not a definite, and I didn't get a PM from you Shanus. I don't think swf sent it if you did send one.

Top Bottom