• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OUGA : The next generation : Athens, Ohio 5/7-9/10

solecalibur

Smash Master
Updated soon just placing a date encase there are any time conflicts

Games :
Undecided Casual (Friday)

Brawl Singles/Doubles (Saturday)
(Bring setups!)
Super Street Fighter IV(Saturday)
(PS3 bring Set ups!)

Van Vorhes
Athens, Ohio

(Problem reaching this destination please call me at 440-522-8102)

Rooming : We have never had any issues with rooming and will be able to room anyone in the class rooms! (I recommend a sleeping bag or blow up mattress)

Schedule :
Friday May 7th:
Doors open 8 pm (Do not be early there are normally other classes or other clubs that might be in the room before)
Casual event starts 9pm

Saturday May 8th :

Wake up all to all those sleeping : 10 am
Doubles Registration : 11 am
Doubles Start : Noon
Singles Poolz : 3 pm
Lunch / Dinner brake : 5 pm
Registration for Super Street Fighter IV : 5:30 pm
Singles Brackets begin : 6pm
Super Street Fighter IV Starts : 5 30pm

Sunday
OUGA Shenanigans - 11 am
Venue closes - 3 pm

Pay outs :
Brawl Singles :
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Brawl Doubles :
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Casual Tounry :
1st. 60%-$1
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $1

Super Street Fighter IV :
1st. 60%-$1
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $1

Prices :

Free Venue
$1 dollar Casual (Undecided which Casual)
$1 Super Street Fighter IV
10$ Singles
10$ Doubles, $20 for Team

Brawl Rules :
Singles and Doubles
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Nope's No Bs Rule : By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage list :
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks :

Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion (pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

Super Street Fighter IV Rule Set

**Rules are subject to change

# Standard double elimination
# Bring your own controller, otherwise a standard PS3 controller is available
# Game settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
# All characters are legal

Match
Pairing between 2 competitors to determine a winner. Matches are best 2 out of 3 games.
Finals are 3 out of 5 games.

Game
Exactly as it sounds. A game is best 2 out of 3 rounds.

Pausing or disruption
Any pausing or disruption in a round results in an instant round forfeiture.
A CONTROLLER WITH LOCKABLE START BUTTON IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED

Character Picking
If the players do not discuss the method of character selection, it should be understood that the Standard method is being used. If the players cannot come to an agreement on the method of character selection, the judge will apply the double blind method.

Loser can change character
The loser of a game can change character; the winner must keep the same character.

AIB Link : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9584
Stream : Coming soon wait til Friday!

solecalibur

Smash Master
I was also thinking of free entry to Singles / Doubles (one person) if we do another signature contest to promote this as this seems like short notice for an OUGA event

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It was nice of you to not put this on the date of Brawl BQ when you didn't have to. I really appreciate that, Sole!

Otherwise, doesn't look like anything is planned for this date so I'll most definitely attempt to make it!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Nevermind, this is ******** far from Cleveland and although my parents will be in Columbus on the 8th they won't be heading to Columbus that early. I think I'll stick to the PA tourney for this weekend. Another time Ohio.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nevermind, this is ******** far from Cleveland and although my parents will be in Columbus on the 8th they won't be heading to Columbus that early. I think I'll stick to the PA tourney for this weekend. Another time Ohio.
*shakes fist*

solecalibur

Smash Master
Rules are up
Please let me know if anything is missing I'm pretty sure I covered everything (other then OUGA's Casual Friday)

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm the highest ranking Fox, about 100 placements above TKD. Get owned, Fox mains!

King~

Smash Champion
GREEN GREENSSSSSSSSSS

@^ its just an OUGA tradition, no amount of talking will convince otherwise

im kinda eh on wanting to go to this partly cause of list but mostly cause something else

will i if offred a ride, hell yez

solecalibur

Smash Master
Bboy does need a ride and he is right on your way to OUGA from your house king yoshi that mains yoshi

@lain its an OUGA tradition

and on friday its looking like a TVC and Brawl Casual (with items) more explained later still need to finalize it

Top Bottom