• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tree Stump Mafia - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in the forest?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hello welcome to Tree Stump Mafia!

[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤You will receive a warning for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Mod unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense.
6) Once all role PMs have been sent, please confirm by quoting your role PM back to me along with all rules including a ¤-symbol. Please do not post in-thread as confirmation. This thread will be unlocked once all players have confirmed.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of ten days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
12) C) Tree Stumping will extend the day by 7 IRL days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by 4 days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a period of twenty-four hours. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed one post with no relevant game content
17) You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you are not active for a period longer than 48 hours, you will receive a prod. If you do not post in thread with-in 48 hours of prod, you will be replaced. Multiple prods will result in replacement at moderator's discretion. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen].
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
25) You are allowed to claim anti-town. However you are not allowed to claim anti-town and that another player is anti-town with you (either explicitly or implicitly).
¤This will result in an automatic loss for your faction and your name added to a blacklist for any game I host.
26) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
27) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Living Player List:
1. mentosman replaced today d1
5. omis
7. sworddancer.
10. nicholas1024 replaced marshy who replaced *the jester* d1

Dead Player List:
6. heatstroke - stumped d1
12. cello_marl - stumped d1
3. brockin (rockin/swordsrbroken hydra) - stumped d1
8. pierre the scarecrow - modkilled d1
2. super smash bros. fan - stumped d1
9. summonerau - stumped d1
4. the-man (ryker/xonar hydra) - modkilled d1
11. the paprika killer - stumped d1

Replacement Pool:
1. None.
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement.]

Important Posts:
None.[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is an Open Set-Up with all roles randomly assigned:

Set Up said:
9 stumps

v

3 lumberjacks (can elect to kill treestumps)
Tree Stump Role said:
You are a tree! Not leaping from tree to tree!

If you choose, you may commit suicide at any time during the day by posting ALAKAZAM KADABRA ABRA GENGAR! Doing this will kill you, reveal your role in thread, reset the vote counts and keep day going. However, you will still be able to keep posting in the thread after saying this phrase (but not if lynched or nightkilled).

Otherwise, your only powers are to post, think, and vote.

You win when all Lumberjacks are dead.
Lumberjack Role said:
You are a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree! The Mafia is comprised of [NAME], [NAME], and [NAME], whom you may talk to whenever you like.

Each night you may target a tree or a tree stump, and kill them. Trees or stumps killed this way will no longer be able to post in thread.

If you choose, you may commit suicide at any time during the day by posting ALAKAZAM KADABRA ABRA GENGAR. Doing this will kill you, reveal your role in thread, reset the vote counts and keep day going. However, you will still be able to keep posting in the thread after saying this phrase (but not if lynched or nightkilled).

You win when there are at least as many Lumberjacks as Trees alive. Tree stumps do not count as Trees or Lumberjacks for purpose of this win condition.

[/collapse]

OP hijacked from xiivi

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If the few people who have yet to confirm don't do it soon, I will replace them.

You all find yourself in a forest. You hear the brrr of chainsaws. Someone's gonna try to cut down the forest! Since you don't have eyes, you can't see who the lumberjacks are. But for some reason you have ears and can hear eachother. And for some reason the lumberjacks want to have civil conversation with you guys about which tree should be cut down. Their even willing to commit suicide if you ask!

Figure out who the lumberjacks are and lynch them before the entire forest turn to stumps!

D1 BEGIN

Game Start Vote Count:

[12]Not Voting: today, super smash bros. fan, brockin, the-man, omis, heatstroke, sworddancer, pierre the scarecrow, summonerau, *the jester*, the paprika killer,

It takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of May 1st. EST

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
To begin, there are a few things you all should know.

1) I am prone to tunneling. Specifically, I am prone to tunneling on anyone who refuses to cooperate with me. Any such refusal is a disservice to the town and will only serve to further it's destruction. More accurately, do what is best for Town and we are cool.
2) I wrote this opening statement before the game began. As of this writing, I am unaware of my alignment. Do NOT use this post as evidence of any sort.
3a) "Time waste" is the only universal scum tell. This is not true in practice, of course, but I take it as a sign of scumminess. Do not waste time.
3b) For this game only, waiting for responses for an undue amount of time will also be seen as a scumtell, since we can effectively force as many day lynches as we can fit into the Day time frame (i.e. deny scum their Night Kills) until we hit scum.
4a) Any hammer will be taken as a sign of scum, with one exception, since we can request that that person stumps him/herself. Instead, any person who wishes to hammer will declare, in bold, "I wish to hammer" or "Declaration of intent to hammer". From the time of that declaration to 24 hours later or 1 hour before the deadline (this must be strictly enforced, as people are not on at all times of the day. 4-6 hours is NOT sufficient in the former case), whichever is shorter, the accused will have the opportunity to stump. If it is not taken, the declarer will hammer without prejudice or credit.
4b) Declare your intent to put someone at L-1. Make a post saying, "In ten minutes, I'm going to vote for [name]. Do not vote unless you intend to hammer that person.", or something similar. Then, vote ten minutes later. This will prevent people from accidently, or "accidently", hammering. Honestly, I'd rather this be standard practice, but it's of special note for this game.
5) On any Day in which there are exactly two more trees than lumberjacks, we should not vote past [L-(number of Lumberjacks + 1)]. Any "votes" at this point should be written, in bold, as "Declaration to put [name] at L-#", or the like. If we do not do this, then we lose the opportunity to force that person to stump and therefore gain another lynch if we are wrong.
6) Portion redacted.
7) Random idiocy for the "purpose of generating discussion" is just random idiocy. Doing it to prove or showcase a point is a different matter.
8a) While I am aware that the following is something that cannot be proven, I strongly urge that you believe that it is more important that you prove your innocence to me than it is for you to believe that I am innocent.
8b) There are no town tells, only scum tells.
9) If I am scum, I am going to go out of my way to try to avoid my scumtells.
10) Metagaming is the foundation of a good mafia game. It is, however, not the meat of a good mafia game.
11a) Busing happens. However, it does not happen on the first page.
11b) See 8b.
12a) A person being "due to be (town/mafia)" is not a good case. However, I don't think it's a bad thing to consider it if you are otherwise dead even in your opinions between two people. Just be sure to actually let people know that's all you've got the reason you're voting the way you are.
12b) Any consideration of 12a or similar does not apply to groups. i.e. How could all the ICs be town?
12c) I am due to be mafia, unless you consider scum to be non-town. I don't.

Additional content written after OP:

@today: If we find and lynch two scum, would you be willing to stump yourself? Describe any extenuating circumstances should they exist.
@super smash bros. fan: Familiarize yourself with popcorn style games, if you are not. Also, do you have an opinion of my alignment?
@brockin: Rule # is completely unfair, don't you think? (This is not a request to remove that rule) Go into detail as to why you think it is fair/unfair.
@the-man: @Xonar portion: What do you think of the idea of playing the game normally until we mislynch, then pretending that we're playing Popcorn with that person as the gunbearer? @Ryker portion: I can't think of anything to say now that I have to interact with you. Obviously, this is intended less for your benefit and more for people that are reading it. I'll let you start.
@omis: Pay special note to 4a and 4b of my list above. No movie will save you if you violate it. Also, don't watch movies while posting. Also, refresh before posting. Also, vote for sworddancer..
@heatstroke: Fifth game. Don't refer to this stage as "RVS". From now on, please call it the UVS (Uninformed Vote Stage), if you must call it anything. It is not truly random, nor is the intent stress relief. There are much more suitable pursuits to the latter end. Also, get into an argument with Summoner. I want to see what happens.
@sworddancer: See end of post. I won't take it off until I find someone better, or if I feel like it.
@pierre the scarecrow: How much should I second-guess myself? [I really couldn't think of anything else] (Offnote: Thanks for running Miller's, it was fun.)
@summonerau: I admit it, I can't read you. As such, I'm going to trust someone else's opinion on you, but I'm not sure who yet. Do you have a suggestion as to who I should defer to?
@*the jester*: Hello.
@the paprika killer: Repeat performance time. I've always wondered how this would be taken, even though I've taken pains to not do so. Tell me three things about you that you think will be relevant to this game. Also, talk to Ryker tHe-Man.
@hydras: Aren't you glad there's no rule 23? Do you think what I'm fishing for here is a tell? (for you, it's not a tell about me, maybe, and if it is, it's a wrong one, probably)

@Mod: Request Deadline Extension
vote sworddancer.

Move, move, move, move.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
There's no need to read me Cello. I'm town :D

Anyway, I've scum teamed with Mac and the person I've played with most that isn't you would be Xonar. You can pick whichever one you want.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ok.

Would you like to pick on Sworddancer with me in the meantime? For, ah, pressure?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Macman, with rule 28, does that apply to people who have commited suicide and can still post?

Purple

Hi guys!
Summoner, you're extremely joyous in this game, at least that's how it comes off in this post.

Why is that?

@Cello - so you do what's best for town even if you're scum?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Heatstroke: So far, I've always been very forthcoming with information that would be in town's best interests, yes. However, the only time I've ever actually gone after scum (in such a way to get that person killed) was when that person actually admitted that he was scum. My indy play is irrelevant here.

Also, keep talking to Summoner. You'll be my go-to guy for reads on him. tHe-Man too. As in two. Lol.

Also, you sound as though you approve of my suggestions. What do you like, specifically, and why? Do you have any further suggestions or alternatives?

D

Deleted member

Vote: Brockin

Is Brock going to be our 45th president?

Cello Marl said:
@super smash bros. fan: Familiarize yourself with popcorn style games, if you are not. Also, do you have an opinion of my alignment?
Before I get angry at you, one question. Are these suggestions or do we have to follow these?

Right now, I don't have an opinion on your alignment right now, but that may change later in the game.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, also @Heatstroke, how many times did you visit this thread when it was still closed? An approximate is fine.

Purple

Hi guys!
I never looked at this thread when it was closed. I had it subscribed so i only looked at it when Macman opened it.

Cello, do you always lead like this?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@SSBF: You don't like being told what to do? Hmm.

We'll consider it a suggestion for now.

Wait, I just thought of something. If you meant the numbered list, then I'll do my utmost to enforce them. Do you have a problem with any of those?

If it's my command to you, then consider it a suggestion. This is what I thought you meant since that's what you quoted, but I want to be sure.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
HS said:
Cello, do you always lead like this?
Only when I'm town, so far, I think.

Also, "Summoner, you're extremely joyous in this game", "...so you do what's best for town even if you're scum?", and "...do you always lead like this?". You've gotten answers to all of these questions. What information have you gleaned from them? Don't relate the specifics if you wish, but a generalization is fine.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Also, "Summoner, you're extremely joyous in this game", "...so you do what's best for town even if you're scum?", and "...do you always lead like this?". You've gotten answers to all of these questions. What information have you gleaned from them? Don't relate the specifics if you wish, but a generalization is fine.
Taking his question as an opportunity to try to subtly hint that you're town? Why would you be worried about that so quickly?

Vote Cello

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Sworddancer: And just what do you hope to accomplish by voting for me? Have an answer to that question soon. Also, subtle? I pretty much said that I only act this way as town.

Don't feel like commenting on anything else? Thoughts on Heatstroke?

Omis, vote for Sworddancer. Let's get him to L-1.

Heatstroke's good too. To "lynch".

#HBC | Dancer

@Sworddancer: And just what do you hope to accomplish by voting for me? Have an answer to that question soon. Also, subtle? I pretty much said that I only act this way as town.

Don't feel like commenting on anything else? Thoughts on Heatstroke?

Heatstroke's good too. To "lynch".
I voted for to add pressure to my question.

Maybe subtle was the wrong word to describe it, but what you did still bothers me. To get it straight, were you saying: "Okay, what I just did is what I do when I'm town."? That seems weird. I know that you were answering HS question, but it seems like you might also be taking advantage of the question so you can give an answer that covers your tracks (if your scum).

Also, no right now I don't have really any comments on that many people. Summoner did the same thing as you, were he basically just immediately said "I'm town!" Sure, it was said in a light hearted manner, but I still don't like it.

My thoughts on HS? I have none so far. He hasn't really done anything.

#HBC | Dancer

EBWOP: I forgot to mention in my second paragraph that Summoner was the only other person I could really comment on. Sorry about that.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Sworddancer: "Add pressure to your question?" You didn't seem to care that I didn't actually answer it/them. Assuming that I had continued to not answer it/them, would you have taken that as a sign of scumminess? In my experience, that is seldom the case. If it would not have been, why was pressure necessary?

Also, you've claimed that Heatstroke hasn't done anything, but you acknowledge that the time I supposedly "gave an answer to cover my tracks" was in response to a question by Heatstroke. On that note, what "tracks" are you referring to, specifically? Surely, no matter what my alignment is, I would have had to have expected some sort of response from my opening statements (especially since there are people here that I've never played with before). How could I have expected that Heatstroke would have made such a comment? Are you suggesting that Heatstroke was trying to create a link to me? Do you think that his question was a ploy engineered by the two of us (i.e. do you think that we're scummates)? If so, why do you say that you have nothing on Heatstroke? If not, what would I have done (as scum) if Heatstroke hadn't made that comment?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: Can hydras still post their convo logs?

Edit Post #6 By Way of Post: @Brockin: If the answer to my question to Macman is "yes", then replace "Rule #" with "Hydras' ability to post their logs". Otherwise, just ignore my question.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Vote: The-man

Xonar always is mafia
Pro meta right here : (

3b) For this game only, waiting for responses for an undue amount of time will also be seen as a scumtell, since we can effectively force as many day lynches as we can fit into the Day time frame (i.e. deny scum their Night Kills) until we hit scum.
If we get greedy for many lynches, don't you think they'll easily be overhasted?

cello said:
@the-man: @Xonar portion: What do you think of the idea of playing the game normally until we mislynch, then pretending that we're playing Popcorn with that person as the gunbearer?
In theory it could work and be effective, but the reality here is that that means that people will all have to agree to this person, the fact that people can boycot the action makes me doubt if we'll be able to pull it off. Oh and activity x.x''

cello said:
@hydras: Aren't you glad there's no rule 23? Do you think what I'm fishing for here is a tell? (for you, it's not a tell about me, maybe, and if it is, it's a wrong one, probably)
I actually pointed out that mistakes in the rule in my confirmation PM to Macman :bee:

cello said:
Also, talk to Ryker tHe-Man.
I didn't really get this one x.x

summoner said:
Anyway, I've scum teamed with Mac and the person I've played with most that isn't you would be Xonar. You can pick whichever one you want.
Wait wut, we played like 2 games max with ya IIRC x.x

Vote: GSF

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Yeah, there's a lot of people I've only played with once or not at all (btw I overlooked Swords, I've also scum teamed with him and have played more games with Swords than Xonar)

Brockin

Smash Rookie
Cello said:
@brockin: Rule # is completely unfair, don't you think? (This is not a request to remove that rule) Go into detail as to why you think it is fair/unfair.
Which rule is that? I've scanned the entire rules list and i see no rule with the symbol #.

@dancer why has heatstroke not done anything? It's only the second page of the game! You expect them to contribute this early?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Cello, how can you say that this is how you act as town when your first (and largest by far) post was written before you knew your alignment? It would then be also how you act as scum. By the way, I would agree that your first post is far more pro-town than it is pro-scum, but its also a bit pro-Cello... not that that is a bad thing if you are town.

Cello, you should second-guess yourself until you get that heavy feeling in your head that you are doing it too much.

Also, thanks to Cello_Marl and HeatStroke for making the confirmation stage take forever!

I think that Rockin made the most recent Brockin post because he referred to a single person as "them."

vote: *The Jester*

Purple

Hi guys!

Generally seeing why he would act different from game to game, while it's metagaming it's still something i was curious about.

Your opening post had no emotion, nothing to base off whether you're town or not, you admitted yourself that you wrote most of these messages regardless of your alignment (in fact your alignment wasn't known while writing it).

What i've gotten for the information is that you're leading just as you said you "usually do" as town. However I've noticed a common scumtell that players tend to say "i always do this as town" or "i never do this as mafia" when they actually are the opposite of what they're implying.

Purple

Hi guys!
Pierre - i didn't make the confirmation stage talk forever if i remember correctly. I'm pretty certain i confirmed my role :/ If i didn't i apologize.

D

Deleted member

The-Man, who is GSF?

To begin, there are a few things you all should know.

1) I am prone to tunneling. Specifically, I am prone to tunneling on anyone who refuses to cooperate with me. Any such refusal is a disservice to the town and will only serve to further it's destruction. More accurately, do what is best for Town and we are cool.
So when you tunnel on us and thereby distracting from actual scumhunting it is our fault?
3a) "Time waste" is the only universal scum tell. This is not true in practice, of course, but I take it as a sign of scumminess. Do not waste time.
Some of your post are alreaddy filler
4a) Any hammer will be taken as a sign of scum, with one exception, since we can request that that person stumps him/herself. Instead, any person who wishes to hammer will declare, in bold, "I wish to hammer" or "Declaration of intent to hammer". From the time of that declaration to 24 hours later or 1 hour before the deadline (this must be strictly enforced, as people are not on at all times of the day. 4-6 hours is NOT sufficient in the former case), whichever is shorter, the accused will have the opportunity to stump. If it is not taken, the declarer will hammer without prejudice or credit.
4b) Declare your intent to put someone at L-1. Make a post saying, "In ten minutes, I'm going to vote for [name]. Do not vote unless you intend to hammer that person.", or something similar. Then, vote ten minutes later. This will prevent people from accidently, or "accidently", hammering. Honestly, I'd rather this be standard practice, but it's of special note for this game.
4b is really not neded with 4a being there, the exception being LyLO (but that is obvious)
8a) While I am aware that the following is something that cannot be proven, I strongly urge that you believe that it is more important that you prove your innocence to me than it is for you to believe that I am innocent.
elaborate on this please?
11a) Busing happens. However, it does not happen on the first page.
actually lynchng someone in the first 40 posts or just voting?
Additional content written after OP:

@the paprika killer: Repeat performance time. I've always wondered how this would be taken, even though I've taken pains to not do so. Tell me three things about you that you think will be relevant to this game. Also, talk to Ryker tHe-Man.
wut? except the 3things (see between quotes) I don't get any of this.

@Mod: Request Deadline Extension
vote sworddancer.

You request a deadline extension in your first post?

Move, move, move, move.
three things
1)I have a quite open playstyle (not marshy, kevinM etc.)
2)I like to debate and can, sometimes, end up in a trench war with someone over something trivial
3)I generally am checking the game a lot.

@Sworddancer: And just what do you hope to accomplish by voting for me?
And what did you hope to accomplish by voting Swords?
unvote, Vote: Cello

*The Jester*

Smash Rookie
Greetings, my fellow trees. It seems I am the newest tree in town. Don't take me lightly though, for I am The Jester!

The Jester likes Cello Marl's attitude. Yes, activity and questions are good. Cello Marl seems like an oak among trees.

Vote: Pierre the Scarecrow

The Jester does not like your lack of reasoning for your vote. RVS? Discussion has already started, my leaf covered friend.

Sworddancer, your suspicions based on 'I'm town' are weak like a wet tissue. Tell me, what is your favourite method of scumhunting?

Wonderful rules. These should be posted on every page for great justice.

Brockin

Smash Rookie

[/B]
Nope. All the rules seems fair IMO. I see every rule to being fair and balanced (well, as balanced as they can). I'm only slightly worried of that 'need to post every 48 hours' only because it's a bit constricted. I have work in the midnight shift and I might be busy sometimes in the afternoon when I wake up (not to mention the possibility of me doing doubleshift, but the chances are that are a bit low right now...). Still, I'll do are best to comply to it.

What was rule 23 about? Never got the chance to look into the game till now lol

Also, want to say that we can't post our logs (at least, that's what I'm reading right at the near bottom of the rules).

The-man, stop it. we're not gayswordfights. We're Brockin. I know how you and EE would be happy with that name, but Brockin won its votes (in a fair manner :p )

Jester, we've always been hunting (well my better half was. I'm just looking at the game now cause I almost forgot about it. XD ). To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure. This is a pretty new setup, so I'm unsure of how we can do this (but it seems Cellos has given a great amount of thought of this game according to his first post). I guess one lynch and one suicide a day seems like the best option.

You know, there is something that is concerning me...

Why are you asking Omis to vote? He hasn't even posted in the game yet, so I'm wondering why you're focusing on him.

why are you even dictating people's votes? o.o

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@today: If we find and lynch two scum, would you be willing to stump yourself? Describe any extenuating circumstances should they exist.
This would depend on the situation. If I put myself out there and if I feel threatened to a kill the next night then obviously I would stump myself.
;

@Charlie;
Question. Where do you stand with your reasons from 1-12? Is it to get a better understanding of people? Or for people to get a better understanding of you? It feels as if you are planning on taking the initiative this whole game. Is this your intent?

@Brockin'
You stated this:
Which rule is that? I've scanned the entire rules list and i see no rule with the symbol #.
and this;
Nope. All the rules seems fair IMO. I see every rule to being fair and balanced (well, as balanced as they can). I'm only slightly worried of that 'need to post every 48 hours' only because it's a bit constricted. I have work in the midnight shift and I might be busy sometimes in the afternoon when I wake up (not to mention the possibility of me doing doubleshift, but the chances are that are a bit low right now...). Still, I'll do are best to comply to it.
to the same question. Did you forget your responded to it the first time?

Why haven't you checked out the thread until now? Same with Heatstroke.

I guess one lynch and one suicide a day seems like the best option.
Why come?

Brockin

Smash Rookie
@Brockin'
You stated this:

and this;

to the same question. Did you forget your responded to it the first time?
It should be pretty apparent that I stated that my better half (which is SwordsrBroken) has been posting the first several where as I (Rockin), is now on my 2nd post (the last post before this was also done by me).

Why haven't you checked out the thread until now?
Like I said, I forgot all about it. The other side of my brain just reminded me about this game today.

Why come?
Only cause it seems like the most affective to use. Everyone can practically suicide and instead of just lynching, we can force those that seem scummy to suicide. By doing this, we can lower the possibility of mislynching someone.

Purple

Hi guys!
Why haven't you checked out the thread until now? Same with Heatstroke.
@Today - I have no reason to check the thread, I read the rules before, I understand what's taboo and what isn't in this game. Until Macman opened it, I had no reason to post and no reason to relook at this thread.

On top of this, i never go into decisive games, i literally subscribe to threads and never look into the sub forum

@Cello_marl - While i enjoy your amount of posting, and general questions to everyone, i feel you're pressing too many people to do too many things. While i understand getting town to lead to a common goal. It feels you're doing more of a "do this person a, do this person b" kind of play style. How does this help town?

@SummonerAU - How do you currently feel about Cello? Do you feel he (she) is extremely pro-town right now? Or scum acting like town. Has anything she said become a problem to you? A Nuisance?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Is *The Jester* a hydra? Does *The Jester* have off-site forum mafia experience? Can *The Jester* discern why I voted *The Jester*?

@Brockin: why stop at 1 stumping and 1 lynch per day, or why is 1 and 1 more effective than trying to comfortably stump as much as possible?

unvote vote Omis

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
This was supposed to be post #35, but down time sucks. So I added a little more.

@All: Show of hands please. Who wants to make this game into Popcorn (with Nightkills)? I'll count tHe-Man and myself as "yes"s.

tHeMan said:
If we get greedy for many lynches, don't you think they'll easily be overhasted?
Pretend we're down to the last 2 days in a Day, and it will feel normal (including the total lack of hunting and information [I'm just being bitter]). I already did by requesting an extension.

tHe-Man said:
I actually pointed out that mistakes in the rule in my confirmation PM to Macman
Really now...? How many times did you visit the thread before you noticed it?

tHe-Man said:
I didn't really get this one
I had a reason at the time, but I don't remember anymore. Oh well.

Brockin said:
I expounded upon this in #25.

Anyway, "Hydras' ability to post their communication logs (it is, after all, someone talking to himself) is completely unfair, don't you think? (This is not a request to remove that rule) Go into detail as to why you think it is fair/unfair."

I am very interested in your response.

Brockin said:
@dancer why has heatstroke not done anything? It's only the second page of the game! You expect them to contribute this early?
Stop skimming, half of you. There's only one page (40 count, I'd recommend it); reading it thoroughly shouldn't be that tough. Dancer was saying that he had nothing on HS because of that reason, not that he was condemning HS for doing nothing.

Pierre said:
Cello, how can you say that this is how you act as town when your first (and largest by far) post was written before you knew your alignment? It would then be also how you act as scum.
This is how I act is town. This is not how I normally act as scum. Even in this game, I'm sure I'd have acted differently than I have so far (except the numerical list [although I made no promise about edits {lol}]) if my alignment was different.

Pierre said:
I think that Rockin made the most recent Brockin post because he referred to a single person as "them."
I thought it was Swords since he referred to Dancer as "Dancer". Still, does this make a difference to you in any way?

Paprika said:
So when you tunnel on us...it is our fault?
Yes.

Paprika said:
Some of your post are alreaddy filler
Wow, this couldn't have worked out as perfectly if I had planned it. It's not really filler unless it's the only thing you're paying attention to when I'm posting. In which case, you (plural) are admitting to skimming. Not good if you're trying to levy an argument against someone.

Paprika said:
4b is really not neded with 4a being there, the exception being LyLO (but that is obvious)
Yes, it is necessary. What would we do if two people "accidentally" voted at the same time? Lynch them both? What if they truly did do it as an accident? We'd lose 4 people (1 to lynch, 1 to NK, and 2 to self-stump) compared to 1 (asking the first person to self-stump). This being in place with remove any potential for waste.

Paprika said:
elaborate on this please?
See Cello-Rule 1.

Paprika said:
actually lynchng someone in the first 40 posts or just voting?
Both. The second implies the first.

Paprika said:
wut? except the 3things (see between quotes) I don't get any of this.
It's not necessary that you do. I'm fishing for reactions from...ah. I guess just Xonar and Summoner (as far as I am aware). I should have chosen a different repeat performance.

Paprika said:
I like to debate and can, sometimes, end up in a trench war with someone over something trivial
Which implies you'd get into a trench war over something significant, too. Let's end this then. Say no to time waste. Vote for Heatstroke. Or Pierre.

The Jester said:
The Jester thinks the less kills those dirty humans get, the better. We should use the first day to get to know eachother, gain information as we speak. Then on Day 2 we should have our glorious battle, and lynch til the evil cutters have been exterminated.
This looks counter-intuitive. Why wait until Day 2 to start lynching? That just gives lumberjacks a Night Kill.

@Brockin: Both of your halves ignored my #25. That's no good.

Brockin said:
Since Marshy edited the OP and added "OP hijacked from Xiivi", it stands to reason that Xiivi's rule 23 was the original Macman rule 23. And it is.

23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself. Sadly, hydras are not allowed to play in this game.

Brockin said:
Also, want to say that we can't post our logs (at least, that's what I'm reading right at the near bottom of the rules).
Oh, well, I suppose you didn't ignore my #25, somewhat. Regardless, rule #24 says:

Macman said:
You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
As far as I am aware, your ability to communicate with other players is derived from your hydra-nature, not from your role PM. As such, this rule does not apply to you in this case. You should be able to post your hydra logs. Comment on your ability to post your logs. Assuming that you can, do you think that is fair or unfair? Why?

Brockin said:
To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure. This is a pretty new setup, so I'm unsure of how we can do this (but it seems Cellos has given a great amount of thought of this game according to his first post). I guess one lynch and one suicide a day seems like the best option.
You're unsure how to go about this, but you have an opinion on what we should do? Why does 1 lynch/1 suicide seem like a good idea? Do you not see the merit of "suicide until we hit scum"?

@Today: Please use Cello. Not everyone knows me as Charlie (or Cirno, despite avatar). Everything else I was going to say or mention has been addressed.

@Pierre: I wondered about that too, but he/she/they seem too familiar in his/her/their style to be just an offsiter. It's probably at least an alias, although I don't think it matters much.

unvote vote Pierre
Summoner and Omis, please join me.

tl;dr: Heatstroke, Pierre, and Brockin are the scum. Good game.

Top Bottom