• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saffron City #5 - East Coast Regional MELEE RESULTS

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Doubles:

1st: Tag + PC [$84 - $42 per person]
2nd: ChiboSempai + BionicSonic (Tec0 + Vanz) [$42 - $21 per person]
3rd: Eggm + Swift [$14 - $7 per person]
4th: **** (G$ + Hazz)
5th: Mike$ + Trademark
5th: Sneak + Nando
7th: Kidd + A Nub

Singles:

1st: PC [$90]
2nd: Eggm [$45]
3rd: Tec0 [$15]
4th: Vanz
5th: Roman
5th: Swift
7th: Nando
7th: TAG
9th: T.Webb
9th: Spawn
9th: FIre
9th: Sneak
13th: Milos
13th: Adumbrodeus
13th: Steve

GGs to all and thanks for coming <3

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Good sh*t to my n*ggas PC and Tag. Team PC Richard & Son all day lol!! PC bustin' out all his mains at this tournament made me reminisce even more about the old days in smash lol.

PC Chris, hopefully you can go to SPOC. It could be the third tournament in a row you win and you've never been to a SPOC before. Quit life for that lol. Plus, us old school vets can team =)

My boy Nando steppin' it up more and more. I see you're getting better every tourney. I'll continue to train you to speed up the process on you being super beast.

Milos, thanks for the slice of love pizza lol.

T. Webb, I hope the advice I've given you has been coming in handy. I'll continue to train you too. Of course, thanks alot for giving me a ride back home. Too good.

Spawn, if you want me to teach you more stuff. Let the kid know.

Big thanks to Crismas and Heero for hosting the tournament =)

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
LMFAO G$$ 4th in teams for the 2nd week in a row, lol the most overrated teams player in the history of melee strikes again.

What did I tell you Alu? Why even team with this scrub *** ***** anymore when he only does 10% of the work, I find it so funny people think hes really good though cuz most of his youtube vids are with Mango/Jman...I mean lets get serious Mango/Jman could make jusexed looked good in teams.

Lets hope the community opens their eyes now

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAO G$$ 4th in teams for the 2nd week in a row, lol the most overrated teams player in the history of melee strikes again.

What did I tell you Alu? Why even team with this scrub *** ***** anymore when he only does 10% of the work, I find it so funny people think hes really good though cuz most of his youtube vids are with Mango/Jman...I mean lets get serious Mango/Jman could make jusexed looked good in teams.

hahaha ... too good hbk ... ur going to make G$ mad sad ***** LOL dead *** ... where u at G$ ... i remember u being happy when u beat me and swift and me and partied out jesus LOLOL ... i consistantly got 2nd and 3rd with whoever ... GET AT ME SON ...!!!!

but yea on a serious note ... people dont give me **** credit at all =[ ... so yea hopefully when i start teaming with g$ again people can realize that i do in fact alot of work =\

but i also really do think g$ is capable to be wayyy better if he could take in some constructive criticism =\

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I give you credit all the time Brian and I know you're mad good in teams. Our Double Samus, Mario/Luigi, Marth/Bowser, Falcon/Bowser, Falcon/Pikachu, Falcon/Samus and so on. We got mad teams son =)

I'm consistent in placing top 3 in teams too and I've teamed with so many people its ridiculous. For my time in smash now, I only team with specific people and I don't use bullsh*t characters like Bowser, Mario, and Dr. Mario anymore.

Alukard

Smash Hero
<33 dj and tec0 ^_^

omg i want to go to a tourney but i'm going to be gone for 2 weeks!!! =\

Roman.

Smash Champion
I had a ballin *** time and definitely plan to attend as many NY tourneys as possible.

1st: PC - haha you sitting next to me vs tag$, i played so much better with ur aura getting all in ma face! haha i love you though except we've never really played =(( MAYBE NEXT TIME...!
2nd: Eggm - i said hi, you said hi... nuf sed
3rd: Tec0 - we like didn't play at your house OR at the venue... i always have so much fun with you though =))
4th: Vanz - lol such a close set but ggz... i'm definitely gunna have to MM you at every tourney now if we don't meet in bracket ^.^
5th: Roman - GJ bro
5th: Swift - we didn't play like at all... now i'll have to wait till next time to see how much better u've gotten ^.^
7th: Nando - ggz, u came out of nowhere with a sexy falcon lol
7th: TAG - really close set, i think i lost most of my concentration to the fact that my heart was beating so intensely... haha but seriously, i'm definitely gunna have to MM you at every tourney now if we don't meet in bracket ^.^
9th: T.Webb - we barely played, lets change that for next time
9th: Spawn - ggz, i think i played the best i possibly could against u and already naturally **** sheiks so... go fox/falco next time and **** my ****! haha <3 spending the weekend with u... wish you went to SOTP ='( see u at groat!!
9th: FIre - hmmmm i don't recall u =/
9th: Sneak - see FIre
13th: Milos - ur mad chill my friend, definitely gotta play smash and hang out more often ^.^
13th: Adumbrodeus - u lied to me about the rules ='(
13th: Stevesee - see Sneak

also thanks to cris for being a great chump

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Heero, Cristmas: Nice job getting this together, I know that the venue issues made it hard but you guys pulled it off. Also, Heero, what region were the players that ADHD lost to...?

PC, Tec0, TAG: Awesome finally meeting you guys in person, you're all mad chill hit me up some time. Oh, and next time we iphone it immediately. Also, most awesome teams winners and GF ever.

Vanz: Great seeing you again man, still got a long way to go before my peach can touch yours, but I'm working on it, lol, that was some good **** in teams, you and Tec were just taking names, I loved the double Peach, especially on Yoshi's. When summer hits I'm gonna be around more, so till then, peace.

Roman: **** man, your shine pressure is on point, good **** man, next time I'll put up more of a fight.

Swift: I know it's no fun, but when I run into you in brackets, could you make it easy? J/k dude, good meeting you man, def see you around.

T.Webb: Mad clutch man, mad clutch.

FIre: Zelda sniping, brings me back, keep at it man.

Steve: Keep living to 200% with Roy man, *pounds*

DJ: Obviously I'm the most unobservant person ever lol. Cool meeting you in person, I'll definitely be around.

13th: Adumbrodeus - u lied to me about the rules ='(s
Heh?

MELEE RULESET

• All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
  • All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
  • Items are OFF.
  • If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
  • Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.
  • You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
  • Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
  • Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
  • Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
  • Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.

Singles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Singles counterpick stages---

Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Brinstar
DK64
PokeFloats

Doubles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story

Doubles counterpick stages---

DK64
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Brinstar

Just as I said it was, and crismas said to run it by the thread, this all got brought into a discussion about what needs to go into a thread and what can be assumed by players (the pausing incident caused that which you may or may not have heard about).

Which reminds me, I need to make a thread in tournament discussion about this.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
"Rules

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!

NO cursing in the store. I know this is hard, but please keep any kind of swearing out of your conversation. This is the stores rules, so please respect them.
NO outside food is allowed in the store.
NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!
B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.
MELEE RULESET
All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
Items are OFF.
If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.
You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.

Singles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Singles counterpick stages---

Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
DK64

Doubles neutral stages---

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story

Doubles counterpick stages---

DK64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Counterpick Rules---

First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which sticks for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

Following rounds: Loser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, looser chooses character.

You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row. "

Those are the old rules from like the first Saffron, Adumbrodeus. They changed it to the pound 4 rules for the most part at least I think. This is copied from Saffron City #5's original thread.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Regardless if they are old rules. I need to update the thread to reflect Pound 4 rules and any changes that need to take place so issues like this don't come up anymore.

For the pause rule, it's an assumed rule and I agree with Vanz's take on the whole issue. But like anything it'll be added to the rule set to calm everyone's concerns.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Heh, well that's confusing, where's this thread? Cause I got it from the base Saffron thread (the one with linked results to all the Saffrons, which is still active and regularly updated), follow the link if you don't believe me.

Now I'm just confused.

Regardless if they are old rules. I need to update the thread to reflect Pound 4 rules and any changes that need to take place so issues like this don't come up anymore.

For the pause rule, it's an assumed rule and I agree with Vanz's take on the whole issue. But like anything it'll be added to the rule set to calm everyone's concerns.

Cool, thanks crismas.

*still misses his CPs*

otg

Smash Master

This **** is too funny, someone seriously needs to pay this guy to do standup.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Heh, well that's confusing, where's this thread? Cause I got it from the base Saffron thread (the one with linked results to all the Saffrons, which is still active and regularly updated), follow the link if you don't believe me.

Now I'm just confused.

Cool, thanks crismas.

*still misses his CPs*
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268338 lol. When I first saw the updated rules I was sad they took away Pokefloats too :(.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Roman- GGs indeed. Sorry for bein' a lil ***** about losin' lol.

a nub

Smash Ace
last place in teams get @ my wack *** falco

ggs to everyone I played. I think I was a bit too frustrated this tourney cuz it was a pretty harsh reminder that I still suck balls at this game. I guess I got an even longer way to go then I thought. I really gotta learn how to fight that ******* fawcks mickclowd

roman - I think you were the first one I played. Holy **** I was helpless lmao

dj - you ***** me too but that's nothing new lulz

hazz and g$ - wtf you used each other mains and still ***** us, that's pretty bad haha

spawn - good..half a game. luckily for me we had to quit so I left with some dignity :laugh:

everyone else - gg. can't remember much more names off the top of my head sorry ._.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
roman is getting so much better its not even funny

I beat him in a couple friendlies which makes me feel good on my progression

even though it was like a year ago

Just Sexed

Smash Ace

Brandon one day imma **** you so hard seriously =[. Next no johns you better come back up this talk son.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I had to miss this!! I was planning on going but then I had a bunch of project meetings and ****. school is teh lamez.

but yea on a serious note ... people dont give me **** credit at all =[ ... so yea hopefully when i start teaming with g$ again people can realize that i do in fact alot of work =\

but i also really do think g$ is capable to be wayyy better if he could take in some constructive criticism =\
Hey remember when John and I beat you and Hazz at that NYU tourney? Yeah, get ***** *****. :D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yeaaaaa 2nd in teams get @ me
Lol shut up Chibo. Go shoot another 300 missiles.
NICE TURNOUT jk
****it, why weren't you there?! Come to my tourney next month. You and Jesus.
Heero you should try listing all the doubles combinations each team used :p
Haley, I'd love to do that if I could even remember those details...
Forgetful johns -_-

I'm sorry I had to miss this!! I was planning on going but then I had a bunch of project meetings and ****. school is teh lamez.
Here I was all excited thinking, I'd see you, but you go and disappoint me....
Shame on you.

Anyyyywwwaayyyyssss! Time to ***** out my tourney!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271329
Hope I see you all there.

Alukard

Smash Hero

Hey remember when John and I beat you and Hazz at that NYU tourney? Yeah, get ***** *****. :D
just because u are the best player in tri-state doesn't mean u can go around making fun of our performance =[

JERK! LOL

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Nando got good because of playing me, Chops and Brandon and also going to tournaments. I've been training him for a while and will continue to do so.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lmao, what? Dj get over yourself...really. Nando was good before playing you. Honestly you may had something to do with it but get that **** outta here. I spent an entire weekend with the kid when we went to SMYM like 2 months ago and thats probably when he made the most progress. The fact that he was in a car where he could play people like me Jman Vanz G$ and Eggm for 10+ hours on the way there and back def has something to do with it

I watched the kid get so much better within a few days just from that car ride that he def managed to get 2nd in his pool at a 100+ man tourny, I mean really I got 2nd also so that is def good **** from him. He was playin Vanz/Jman real well on the way back and even took games off G$ . Not to mention that Sneak probably plays him way more than anyone here.

Teaching him how to DI and "tomahawk" people is hardly training people. Ima start teachin people how to empty hop to grab and be like I trained them too...lol Sneak. I def taught Mango how to "tomahawk" guys and even gave him that beast EC DI training session last time he wuz ovr here, go head and ask him

Jusexed keep on trying, youll always get an A for effort in my book

tl;dr-DJ get off your high horse *****, you statement is 90% false. Jusexed you still suck

Top Bottom