• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 2 Results (Videos added!)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Brawl Doubles (click for bracket)

1: Mexican MK (Clouderz + Deap) ($49)
2: Brothers from Another Mother (bundtcake + Asa) ($21)
3: El Duo (Blunted_Object10 + smash_mash)
4: This is Why (breez + Firefly)
5: Blue Haduken (Blue Yoshi + Karupin)
5: Smashatory **** (Mark + marklar)
7: F*** You, Rock You (Grimice + Barett)

Brawl Pools (sets won, matches won)

Pool A
Clouderz (3-0) [6-0]
smash_mash (2-1) [4-2]
Barett (1-2) [2-5]
Goat (0-3) [1-6]

Pool B
bundtcake (3-0) [6-2]
Karupin (2-1) [5-2]
marklar (1-2) [4-3]
Deap (0-3) [0-6]

Pool C
breez (3-0) [6-0]
Blunted_Object10 (2-1) [4-3]
Grimice (1-2) [3-4]
Mark (0-3) [0-6]

Pool D
Firefly (2-0) [4-1]
Asa (1-1) [3-2]
Blue Yoshi (0-2) [0-4] {lolspearpillar}

Brawl Singles (click for bracket)

1: Clouderz :metaknight: :mario2: ($90)
2: bundtcake :rob: :kirby2: :popo: :jigglypuff: ($45)
3: Firefly :yoshi2: ($15)
4: Grimice :popo:
5: smash_mash :metaknight:
5: breez :metaknight:
7: Asa :warioc:
7: Deap :metaknight:
9: Karupin :kirby2: :metaknight:
9: Blue Yoshi :gw:
9: Barett :zerosuitsamus:
9: Blunted_Object10 :metaknight:
13: Goat
13: Mark
13: marklar :falco:

*note: Mario and Jiggs only happened for one match in the first set of Grand Finals, but it was a pivotal match, so I included those characters in the list. Clouderz's Mario won that match.*

Smash 64 Singles (click for bracket)

1: Blue Yoshi :random: (he took requests from the crowd) ($20)
2: Karupin :kirby: (forfeit Grand Finals to play Mario Party 3) ($10)
3: Firefly :mario:
4: Barett
5: Grimice
5: bundtcake
7: Deap (forfeit; had to leave)

Despite the low turnout, lack of set-ups, and the fact that most people showed up late, I had a lot of fun, and I hope everybody else did as well. It could've been better, but I'm happy with the way things turned out. I'll do proper shoutouts later, seeing as this will be my last tournament in BC before I leave for the summer.

Also, somebody left a freshly purchased platinum Gamecube controller, wrapped in two plastic bags (one blue and one white) at the venue. I have it with me, so claim it (only if it's yours...!), and I'll try and get it to you.

ALSO, the venue is MISSING A WIIMOTE!! This needs to be returned ASAP. Whoever has it, please tell me now, and we can work something out to get it back where it belongs.

Videos can be found here.

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
yay i did slightly better

I really need to find a consistent doubles partner

eric let's team next tourney, we did well in friendlies at my place
footstool -> ****

Clouderz

Smash Ace
fun lil tourney

IIRC the old lady didnt even give us a wiimote, i could be wrong, i think we were using cake's wiimote

thanks for hosting and being a cool guy jake i hope to see you again since your leaving for the summer

i wonder who will place 3rd now :/

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
very funy tourny and MMs

i will MM ben and the IC player the next tourny :)

jake ur yoshi 's so good

bundtcake

Smash Ace
NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO KEPT SETTING UP MELEE ON RANDOM TVS:

one of you took out my brawl disc and then did not put it back and now it is missing. Thanks.

If anybody thinks they have it, I'd really appreciate it if I could get it back ASAP... :/

anyways, fun tourney guys O: gonna suck not being able to come to anymore of these until after the summer ;_;

Asa

Smash Hero
Hey guys possible major update

i may be going to mlg columbus :O

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO KEPT SETTING UP MELEE ON RANDOM TVS:

one of you took out my brawl disc and then did not put it back and now it is missing. Thanks.

If anybody thinks they have it, I'd really appreciate it if I could get it back ASAP... :/

anyways, fun tourney guys O: gonna suck not being able to come to anymore of these until after the summer ;_;
i remember saw one brawl disc close to the asa cakes

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
please someone host another BIG brawl tourny before i take the airplane to mexico!

i leave in agost 1

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
maybe i come back for another 6 months after finish highschool(like 2-4 months)

but is not sure

xxzainxx

Smash Rookie
Clearly, i rocked the **** that tourney LOL (im Mark btw). I definatly had alot of fun, and hope to do this again, really well orginized.... not enough melee tho LOL

Clouderz

Smash Ace
CAKE

i have your brawl disc :O
yea idk how that happend but i have 2 brawl discs now
i guess because i was in a hurry to pack up and leave i misplaced it

sorry about that :(

uhhh
what do we do? LOL
get @ me on msn

dodavy[at]hotmaild[dot]com

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
lol at the wii mote paue during my match with Asa that was really annoying...haha, and the matches omg almost the whole 8 min...jeje GG's tho i wish more of my matches were recorded i think one against bryan was tho....imma do like m2k for next tourney and practice the whole month 8 hours a day and quite life only smash lmfao...

Asa

Smash Hero
I'll probably be practicing along with you over the summer vincent

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
wish I could have come D: We should get another small tourny or smashfest in before the end of may, I have 3 nice TV's for more setups.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
fun lil tourney

IIRC the old lady didnt even give us a wiimote, i could be wrong, i think we were using cake's wiimote
Hmm...I thought that was a little strange as well. I figured that would be the case, because I know she said she had one, but I don't remember her taking one out. I'll get in contact with her to try and sort that out...

LFL will probably host one (or more) during the summer, but I'm heading back to Prince George during the summer and don't have time to travel down to Vancouver :(
This. LFL told me he wanted to have larger tournaments every 2 months, with smaller ones in between. I tried to make this one a bit bigger, but I kinda failed at that, so I guess the next one will have to be bigger instead. =P Keep an eye out for more details.

Clearly, i rocked the **** that tourney LOL (im Mark btw). I definatly had alot of fun, and hope to do this again, really well orginized.... not enough melee tho LOL
Glad you enjoyed it! There should be more TVs in the future, so Melee should be easier to find, even though the TVs will be needed for pools and the beginning of singles.

Ah that GC controller was mine... glad you found it. Just bring it whenever...no rush ^^

What is the point of a 3-person pool...
I can get it to you at the next PRS. =]

The 3-man pool was silly, but it's not like it hasn't happened in Alberta before... =P We just didn't have enough people to have larger pools, but I didn't want to ditch pools, so I made them set of 3 instead of single matches.

oh wow, I expected a way bigger turnout
So did I. >.< IDK, a lot of people had exams and stuff, and a lot of the Islanders had money johns. The next one won't have masses of people not coming due to exams, and more people from the island will be able to come, so I hope this doesn't discourage you from coming down to BC later on.

Asa has a bunch of videos posted: http://www.youtube.com/user/Asa96744
Will add to the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Asa96744#p/a/u/5/ihk6P8PsWWU

this is why i am amazing, non of those other videos count for ****. :p. ahh it was fun, even though i arrived 8 hours later.
That first KO was freaking legitimate.

wish I could have come D: We should get another small tourny or smashfest in before the end of may, I have 3 nice TV's for more setups.
3 TVs would've been a godsend. =S Shame you couldn't make it out. D=

Anyway, here are some shoutouts!

1: Clouderz - I don't know how I forgot this, but we didn't actually need the sensor bar to turn on your Wii. Pointing the Wiimote at the sun or an open flame has the same effect as pointing it at the sensor bar. If we had thought of that, we could've spent that 40 minutes practicing and doing our MM instead of channel surfing through static on that useless TV. v.v GGs in singles; I'm happy with how I did for the most part, but I would've liked to have taken at least one game. >.>

2: bundtcake - Sorry again about the crappy commentary during grand finals; the hype was getting to be too much, and I couldn't help myself. =P I'll keep my mouth shut next time. You'll have to try again in September, and I don't want to hear any more of this "I won't be able to do it then" crap. You started to sound like me for a bit there. XD JUst keep doing what you're doing, and the next time he switches to Mario, please don't go Jiggs. v.v

3: Firefly - /slump? I sure hope so. GGs wading through the MKs.

4: Grimice - Well, you really did step it up for this. Good job getting 4th, despite the Yoshi curse keeping up... =P I hope you and the rest of the islanders are able to make it out to more mainland events while me and Brian are gone and start giving Clouderz a challenge in our absence. GGs, and the hour's worth of friendlies Sunday morning were a lot of fun as well. =]

5: smash_mash - That was the closest set we've had in a long time. =0 Really intense, despite the distraction johns from both of us. >.< Again, you really stepped it up this time around, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the results start to look like over the Summer break. Hopefully, we'll get to play again before I leave, but if not, I'll see you in September.

5: breez - This is what happens when you play too much Starcraft, n00b. =P It sucks that our team had to go out on a sour note; I honestly think we would've done MUCH better if we had practiced since Phoenix 1, and I hope you're willing to go for another run when September rolls along. I hope you find the drive to keep that MK going, although your Falco could become pretty cool if you practice more. We need somebody to challenge Clouderz for the next few months, and I expect you to be the guy. =D

BTW, don't forget, you still owe me $10. =P

7: Asa - Yay, you didn't choke! =D Took you long enough, LOL. Thanks for everything during the tounament; from the recording you did, to the swift uploading of the videos afterwards, to the housing you provided for the Islanders, to the way you made our pool take way longer than it should've, to the muffins I didn't get, I appreciate it all. ^.^ Keep being awesome, and have fun back in Hawaii. Sorry for crushing your dreams! D'=

7: Deap - TOO MUCH MONEY MATCHING ARG. Yeah, your hustling doesn't really work very well when there are so few TVs. >.< GGs in the bracket; way to sandbag in pools so I had to face you in the first round. At least I got to play the BEST PLAYER IN MEXICO before you left though. Hopefully, there will be a good couple events over the next few months for you to get some more MMs in. =P

9: Karupin - I really hope somebody saw you waving to them. XD That ride was the kind of thing I won't forget for a long time. GGs in 64; they were really fun, though I think I could've done a little better in Loser's Finals. D= Sorry again for putting you against Kyle in the first round of singles, but there was nothing I could do that wouldn't either break the rules of seeding or just be stupid. v.v

9: Blue Yoshi - Sandbag less next time. D= I know it didn't matter for Smash 64, but if you're going to come all the way down to Port Coquitlam, you might as well try. >.< The match on Spear Pillar was a nice change of pace though. I still can't believe you didn't let the true Yoshi main use Yoshi in Mario Party 3. Remember, next time we play Mario Party, I have dibs on Yoshi. I don't care what kind of crummy excuses you come up with.

9: Barett - I don't think I played you in Brawl, but GGs in Smash 64. I hope you enjoyed this event enough to come to future events; they're usually bigger and more awesome than this was, I swear. =P

9: Blunted_Object10 - I found it really ironic that of all people, you weren't one of the guys trying to squeeze Melee in between Pools matches. XD GGs in doubles, even though your victory was a fluke, I SWEAR. We'll get you next time, mark my words. On another note, I suspect the controller that was left behind might've been yours; can you confirm or deny this for me? If it is, I can come return it to you, and maybe you can show me how to suck less with Melee Falco while we're at it. =0

13: Goat - And to think I felt bad when I had to tell you you were eliminated from the bracket. XD I know I made you guys do a lot of waiting for Melee, but we only had so many set-ups, and I wanted to get everything done quickly. Hopefully, you were content with the games you did get in, and I hope you had a good time. Come out to future events; they will be bigger and better!

13: Mark - Same goes for you. =P That being said, I know those infinites bothered you, and the ICs are a pain like that, but it's just something you need to get around. As I said, the match-up is all about not getting grabbed, and if you can do that, you should be fine. Hopefully, that didn't ruin too much for you, and I hope you can come out to more events!

13: marklar - Thanks for coming out, Mr. Killer, even though you kinda got bracket ***** a little bit by MKs. <=/ Thanks again for fetching that extra TV for us; it definitely helped a lot. =D I doubt I'll be able to make it out to Abbostford before I have to leave, so I probably won't see you again until September. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I'll see you later!

BONUS SHOUTOUT - Thomas Paine - Thanks for the ride back to Lougheed. That really would've sucked if we had been pulled over though. XD Shame you missed singles, but your reason was legit; there's no way I would've ditched work for Smash if I was making that much from a day's work. ^.^

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
its cool firefly and thanks, no controller johns this time made a huge difference for me, and dont worry next tourney ill be taking clouderz out, im slowly getting better at the MK match-up so you MK mains better start getting scared cause remember Grab=death ... *evil smirk* btw i beat 3 MK's this tourney in brackers and stole about 4-5 souls.... i grow more powerful every tourney.... ah the joys of being an IC main... also sorry mark.... i guess i shouldove eased up instead of 3 stocking you with 3 0-deaths..... i hope my IC'ers didnt ruin the experience for ya, usually the tourneys are bigger so theres less chance you would have to play me but practise up and im sure you will be able to beat me... my IC'ers are Garbz... right breez?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Firefly- weither it was a fluke or not we still won no jones :p
Yea the controller is mine! I left it there! Umm I will call you!

Asa- yea we can team next tourney if you want ;) lol nice long matches with Vincent... TURTLE MORE!!! XD

Grimice- Your IC's are pretty good, but if you were just a bit smarter and screwed up less you would have ***** me for sure..

Breez - good **** ****** me in MK dittos in pools

Bundtcake- very impressed.. your one of the smartest players in Brawl that I have played against.. good matches

Clouderz- didn't play you in Brawl, but good job winning. If you wanna play Melee sometime let me know.

Blue Yoshi- Double Jigglypuff tooo good!!!XD ohhh and G&W is sooo cheap!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHAXDXDXD

smash mash- lets **** next time

Deap- your school is cool but your teachers hate me LOL!!

gg's everyone!

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
haha thanks Eric, ya i know there a constant work in progress, just gotta remember im good and get rid of those nerves during chaingrabs so its always a 0-death. FYI, im planning to pick up melee again and i plan to main Shiz so watch out ill have to play you next time i come down and get you to teach me some stuff cause id really would like to play falco in melee and i think it will help my IC game in brawl with spacing and playing smarter.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Next time, I won't play brawl every day for two weeks leading up to a major brawl tournament... otherwise I'll be brawled out like I was at this tourney (I just didn't want to play brawl anymore). Depending on what happens, I may change my doubles partner, there were too many lolzy partners available (Brian and double random, Eric and double puff (probably my favourite double team so far) :p )

Jake, I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but yes, next time, you can has yoshi.

We need more 64 events. Those are too good. Also, more people should take the "1.5 v 1" 64 challenge against me :p

xxzainxx

Smash Rookie
Yea i was just QQing for about like...an hour or two lol. It occurred to me that apparently, its hard to do, and in tourney's people are gonna whip out some silly combos, so that's not much different. It was my first tourney, im treating it as a learning experience.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Yea i was just QQing for about like...an hour or two lol. It occurred to me that apparently, its hard to do, and in tourney's people are gonna whip out some silly combos, so that's not much different. It was my first tourney, im treating it as a learning experience.
Good on ya man i hope you come out and play with us again. And ya dont worry my first tourney i placed dead last... this is back when i used to main Toon link, but the more tourneys you go seriously the better you get and you get better fast!!! just take what you learned from the tourney and try and create something positive from it. even placing 4th i learned a lot, i learned i need to play smarter VS MK's... i still need to make my Chain grabs flawless, by realizing i have great IC'ers and i shouldnt be so nervous... when i played breez even tho i won... MY LEGS where shaking it was so intense so i gotta learn to calm myself down and just do my thing. i also gotta perfect the heavy Chain grabs, so im going to be working on that hard. I also learned that i share the same curse as cheese and lain... and thats that yoshi is PURE EVIL... so im thinking about maybe i cant go 100% IC'ers if i wanna see myself in grandfinals and stuff, otherwise ima end up like lain and cheese and make top 5 but never win a tourney.... well except cheese he secondaries tornado... seriously he only uses tornado in match's pretty much i can get videos to prove it.... anyways even people like me, bundtcake, jake, breez, we all learn from every tourney, so just apply what u learned to your game and im sure ull be giving us all a run for our money next time =D

Asa

Smash Hero
wait i went 1-1 with you jake??

and btw whoever cleaned my computer screen, thanks XD

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol @ g-ice talking about nervousness
im pree sure last match of grand finals was nerve racking

fun tourney tho

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
lol at the wii mote paue during my match with Asa that was really annoying...haha, and the matches omg almost the whole 8 min...jeje GG's tho i wish more of my matches were recorded i think one against bryan was tho....imma do like m2k for next tourney and practice the whole month 8 hours a day and quite life only smash lmfao...
hahah i was the guy who was pressing the button on the wii mote :dizzy:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Hmm...I thought that was a little strange as well. I figured that would be the case, because I know she said she had one, but I don't remember her taking one out. I'll get in contact with her to try and sort that out...

This. LFL told me he wanted to have larger tournaments every 2 months, with smaller ones in between. I tried to make this one a bit bigger, but I kinda failed at that, so I guess the next one will have to be bigger instead. =P Keep an eye out for more details.

Glad you enjoyed it! There should be more TVs in the future, so Melee should be easier to find, even though the TVs will be needed for pools and the beginning of singles.

I can get it to you at the next PRS. =]

The 3-man pool was silly, but it's not like it hasn't happened in Alberta before... =P We just didn't have enough people to have larger pools, but I didn't want to ditch pools, so I made them set of 3 instead of single matches.

So did I. >.< IDK, a lot of people had exams and stuff, and a lot of the Islanders had money johns. The next one won't have masses of people not coming due to exams, and more people from the island will be able to come, so I hope this doesn't discourage you from coming down to BC later on.

Will add to the OP.

That first KO was freaking legitimate.

3 TVs would've been a godsend. =S Shame you couldn't make it out. D=

Anyway, here are some shoutouts!

1: Clouderz - I don't know how I forgot this, but we didn't actually need the sensor bar to turn on your Wii. Pointing the Wiimote at the sun or an open flame has the same effect as pointing it at the sensor bar. If we had thought of that, we could've spent that 40 minutes practicing and doing our MM instead of channel surfing through static on that useless TV. v.v GGs in singles; I'm happy with how I did for the most part, but I would've liked to have taken at least one game. >.>

2: bundtcake - Sorry again about the crappy commentary during grand finals; the hype was getting to be too much, and I couldn't help myself. =P I'll keep my mouth shut next time. You'll have to try again in September, and I don't want to hear any more of this "I won't be able to do it then" crap. You started to sound like me for a bit there. XD JUst keep doing what you're doing, and the next time he switches to Mario, please don't go Jiggs. v.v

3: Firefly - /slump? I sure hope so. GGs wading through the MKs.

4: Grimice - Well, you really did step it up for this. Good job getting 4th, despite the Yoshi curse keeping up... =P I hope you and the rest of the islanders are able to make it out to more mainland events while me and Brian are gone and start giving Clouderz a challenge in our absence. GGs, and the hour's worth of friendlies Sunday morning were a lot of fun as well. =]

5: smash_mash - That was the closest set we've had in a long time. =0 Really intense, despite the distraction johns from both of us. >.< Again, you really stepped it up this time around, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the results start to look like over the Summer break. Hopefully, we'll get to play again before I leave, but if not, I'll see you in September.

5: breez - This is what happens when you play too much Starcraft, n00b. =P It sucks that our team had to go out on a sour note; I honestly think we would've done MUCH better if we had practiced since Phoenix 1, and I hope you're willing to go for another run when September rolls along. I hope you find the drive to keep that MK going, although your Falco could become pretty cool if you practice more. We need somebody to challenge Clouderz for the next few months, and I expect you to be the guy. =D

BTW, don't forget, you still owe me $10. =P

7: Asa - Yay, you didn't choke! =D Took you long enough, LOL. Thanks for everything during the tounament; from the recording you did, to the swift uploading of the videos afterwards, to the housing you provided for the Islanders, to the way you made our pool take way longer than it should've, to the muffins I didn't get, I appreciate it all. ^.^ Keep being awesome, and have fun back in Hawaii. Sorry for crushing your dreams! D'=

7: Deap - TOO MUCH MONEY MATCHING ARG. Yeah, your hustling doesn't really work very well when there are so few TVs. >.< GGs in the bracket; way to sandbag in pools so I had to face you in the first round. At least I got to play the BEST PLAYER IN MEXICO before you left though. Hopefully, there will be a good couple events over the next few months for you to get some more MMs in. =P

9: Karupin - I really hope somebody saw you waving to them. XD That ride was the kind of thing I won't forget for a long time. GGs in 64; they were really fun, though I think I could've done a little better in Loser's Finals. D= Sorry again for putting you against Kyle in the first round of singles, but there was nothing I could do that wouldn't either break the rules of seeding or just be stupid. v.v

9: Blue Yoshi - Sandbag less next time. D= I know it didn't matter for Smash 64, but if you're going to come all the way down to Port Coquitlam, you might as well try. >.< The match on Spear Pillar was a nice change of pace though. I still can't believe you didn't let the true Yoshi main use Yoshi in Mario Party 3. Remember, next time we play Mario Party, I have dibs on Yoshi. I don't care what kind of crummy excuses you come up with.

9: Barett - I don't think I played you in Brawl, but GGs in Smash 64. I hope you enjoyed this event enough to come to future events; they're usually bigger and more awesome than this was, I swear. =P

9: Blunted_Object10 - I found it really ironic that of all people, you weren't one of the guys trying to squeeze Melee in between Pools matches. XD GGs in doubles, even though your victory was a fluke, I SWEAR. We'll get you next time, mark my words. On another note, I suspect the controller that was left behind might've been yours; can you confirm or deny this for me? If it is, I can come return it to you, and maybe you can show me how to suck less with Melee Falco while we're at it. =0

13: Goat - And to think I felt bad when I had to tell you you were eliminated from the bracket. XD I know I made you guys do a lot of waiting for Melee, but we only had so many set-ups, and I wanted to get everything done quickly. Hopefully, you were content with the games you did get in, and I hope you had a good time. Come out to future events; they will be bigger and better!

13: Mark - Same goes for you. =P That being said, I know those infinites bothered you, and the ICs are a pain like that, but it's just something you need to get around. As I said, the match-up is all about not getting grabbed, and if you can do that, you should be fine. Hopefully, that didn't ruin too much for you, and I hope you can come out to more events!

13: marklar - Thanks for coming out, Mr. Killer, even though you kinda got bracket ***** a little bit by MKs. <=/ Thanks again for fetching that extra TV for us; it definitely helped a lot. =D I doubt I'll be able to make it out to Abbostford before I have to leave, so I probably won't see you again until September. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I'll see you later!

BONUS SHOUTOUT - Thomas Paine - Thanks for the ride back to Lougheed. That really would've sucked if we had been pulled over though. XD Shame you missed singles, but your reason was legit; there's no way I would've ditched work for Smash if I was making that much from a day's work. ^.^

i didn't play good in bracket and pools is like just for fun

i care more about MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and im top ten in mexico(the best in my state)

just ask ben:bee: i played good with him and i **** him :p

see ya next tourny jake i will MM this time:bee:

Top Bottom