• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Total PSNL Guide! by Dime (mdmfromdaridge)

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
The Perfect Single
Banana Lock!
What is it?
The perfect single banana lock (PSNL) is an AT that, when mastered, allows for frame perfect control of your enemy, slowly but surely bringing their damage percent from 0%-kill% and ends with the death of the enemy. The PSNL, when performed back and forth, can be accomplished in an area roughly the size of the central diamond on Final Destination. The small amount of surface area required makes this AT especially useful because there will be room to do the AT on almost ANY stage. Furthermore, it is quite possible to perform the PSNL even if there are platforms present on the stage! That means there are very few things (minus the set up) that will inhibit you from performing this AT and consequently getting away with one free stock from your opponent. Sounds like something you're interested in? Then keep reading!​

How I will explain it:
Due to the nature of this AT, I will be breaking the total action up into 4 seperate sections or phases. I will then attach one last section or phase, this one entailing the method used to either loop the whole process, or the method used to end the action with a smash or other kill move. First I will give a general synopsis of each phase in the Basic's section, and in the following section I will map out the details for Directional Influence (DI) and how to utilize it to control the direction of your opponent. After I have gone into detail on how to perform the PSNL on it's own, I will then update the OP with information on setting up the PSNL, and then possible differences in excecution between different sized characters. Finally, I will add a section for stages in which you can perform it in one place or another. Now, one last thing before we begin....​

THE IMPORTANCE OF TIMING AND CADENCE!
Before you start writing of this section in your mind as "Noob Data," I want to at least say that THIS IS VASTLY IMPORTANT TO FRAME PERFECT TIMING. Timing is a HUGE issue when considering combo's, which is essentially what an infinite is. A lot of people develop the misconception that in order to perform some combos, you must perform the actions as quickly as possible. THIS is not one of those combos. Humor me for a moment and follow this thought process.​

A combo is performed when an opponent has been hit with an attack, and before the hit stun from the attack has run out, you hit your foe with ANOTHER attack so that there was no chance for them to escape unless you mess up your following attack. THAT is a combo. The difficulty of combo's, comes from the physics restraints built into the game. Sometimes it would simply be impossible to travel a certain distance in the amount of frames of hit stun the opponent has. That becomes a large problem during this specific AT, because when performing one action, if done to early, can prevent you from reaching the opponent in time to perform the next action, so when I say that you must not rush a certain action, I MEAN DO NOT RUSH A CERTAIN ACTION. Now, lets begin.​

PSNL: The Basics
SIDE NOTE: ALL PHASES ARE ASSUMING YOU ARE USING FALCO AS YOUR OPPONENT IN TRAINING MODE WITH CPU SET TO STOP! DO NOT ATTEMPT CPU/WALK UNTIL YOU HAVE PRACTICED WITH CPU/STOP. REMEMBER, USE FALCO! SOME CHARACTERS TRIP DIFFERENTLY AND I WILL ADDRESS THOSE LATER!

Phase 1: Footstool Number 1.
First start out with a banana in hand. There is no need to have another banana on the field, not until we get into the setup section of this guide. For those of you who never really 'practiced' learning how to do a footstool properly, just know it's pretty basic. If you and your opponents feet are both planted on the ground, simply stand in extremely close proximity to their character, and double tap the jump button as quickly as you can. ONLY 2 TAPS. The first to jump, and the second to footstool. Obviously you can't footstool an opponent like that normally, but this is for practice purposes. This first footstool will put you a good distance up into the air, there is no real need to DI anywhere, just go straight up. Details in next section, for now move to phase 2.​

Phase 2: Banana Throw Number 1.
By this phase you have already performed the 1st footstool, and if you followed direction, you applied NO DI to the movement just yet. In this phase you will down throw your banana AT THE APEX OF YOUR JUMP. DO NOT THROW IT EARLIER OR LATER. If you throw the banana too early, then you have wasted whatever stun frames are left over from the footstool, and you will not be able to get your next footstool before the opponent has recovered from this first banana trip. If you throw too late, then the footstool stun frames run out and they can simply roll or dash away before the banana is thrown or hit. THROW AT THE APEX. After the banana hits, you will DI towards the opponents trip (more details later) and while you are falling towards them, you will Z-catch your banana as it bounces up. ONTO PHASE 3!!!​

Phase 3: Footstool Number 2.
After you recatch the banana, and DI towards your opponents trip, you will be required to perform the second footstool. A few notes first, DO NOT JUST BUTTON MASH. The first few times I tried this I would just mash the jump button furiously as I approached my tripped opponent. IT NEVER WORKS. Simply wait until Diddy is just about sitting on the head of the enemy, and tap the jump button, you should jump of their head without Diddy touching the ground, and because you don't touch the ground, this second footstool will be roughly half the size of the first footstool. If you are touching the ground at this section, or if you are jumping WAY up in the air, you are doing it wrong. NEXT PHASE!​

Phase 4: Banana Throw Number 2.
This phase was the one I always had the most trouble with. Depending on what your intentions are, this phase can require a couple very small DI movements that can mean the difference between getting that kill or throwing away a golden opportunity. Once again, details will be discussed soon, heres the basic idea though. Once again, you will throw the banana at the apex of the throw. Not early. Not late. Apex. And once again, you must DI towards your opponents trip. You can dictate the direction of the trip depending on DI. Also like the last banana throw, you MUST recatch the banana. I use Z-catch for simplicity. I think regardless of your timing you will air dodge to catch this banana, but thats perfectly fine. Unlike the last banana throw though, YOU WILL LAND ON THE GROUND before you continue, as close to your opponent as possible. You DO NOT footstool the opponent again before touching the ground. Now onto the 5th and final phase.​

Phase 5: A powerful ending or a new beginning?
Finally, the last phase of this AT. At this point you must make a decision. Will you end the PSNL with a bang and smash your opponent into the outer limits of your chosen stage, or will you begin the process from the beginning and apply even more damage to further guarantee the theft of a stock?​

If you chose to smash your opponent at this time, then I will explain my favorite and the most simple method that I know of. After recatching the banana and landing on top of the feet of your opponent, simply down throw the banana immediately upon landing, and immediately throw a down smash out. The down throw banana will trip the opponent once more, and because of the repetition of this AT, your Dsmash should not be diminished at all, and should effectively kill your opponent off the edge of the stage, depending on how high you brought their damage percent.​

If you want to continue adding damage to your opponent, then upon landing with the banana, you do the following. Land at their feet, do a quick dash towards your opponent, and as soon as possible double tap the jump button to perform a footstool from the ground, and once again restart the entire process. Now onto the knitty gritty of this AT.​

PSNL: Details and DI

Phase 1: Footstool DI Number 1.
This phase is pretty simple and doesn't really require much DI if any. Just go straight up.​

Phase 2: Banana Throw DI Number 1.
I didn't much experiment with changing the direction of their trip when in this phase. For falco, who all my tests were done on, if you do not DI left or right after the footstool, the banana will cause him to trip backwards, away from the direction he was facing, and he will remain facing that way up until you get your second footstool. That being said, test on whatever character you like, and observe the direction of the trip the first time, and the next time react accordingly to get your second footstool. Do not begin your DI until after you throw the banana, otherwise it will affect the trip direction. Once you throw it, immediately begin DI'ing towards your opponent, aiming for the head, and don't forget to recatch your banana once it bounces from their head. Remember, don't throw the banana until the apex of the jump.​

Phase 3: Footstool DI Number 2.
This microscopic amount of DI will change whether you continue moving in one direction with your banana lock or turn around to keep the PSNL relatively stationary. If you choose to continue going in one direction (for example, in order to get your opponent closer to the edge) then you do not need to apply any DI whatsoever, simply continue as you would normally. If you wish to turn the PSNL around, then you need to apply a VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF DI. If the opponent is facing left, you want them to trip towards the left instead of right, and you just finished your footstool, the way that I would apply DI is to simply and quickly make a swift tap towards their back as to put yourself just to the right and above the center point of their body, therefore changing the direction that the banana will trip them. If you tap the control stick and hold it, you will go to far and the banana won't hit them at all, so be aware of that. After you decide whether or not you want to turn them around, then you can move onto the next phase.​

Phase 4: Banana Throw DI Number 2.
After you have decided which direction to make your opponent trip, make sure that you follow the banana throw up IMMEDIATELY with continuous DI towards your opponents trip and with the banana recatch. If you don't DI quickly enough, then trying to repeat the action will result in a few frames of freedom for your opponent, and we don't want them being able to escape. Point in fact, DI fast after the throw.​

Phase 5: KO or Not DI
There is no DI involved in this portion. Simply repeat the process or KO your opponent, your choice.​

How You Should Practice!
Practicing often is one of the best ways to make sure you learn a new skill well and master it, but perhaps more importantly, is practicing the correct way. I've been playing piano for 11 years, so believe me when I say that I know a good deal about muscle memory.​

DO NOT START WITH CPU/WALK. It's not worth it, unless you are already a God at these types of AT's, the only thing you will accomplish is a giving yourself a constant feeling of dissapointment and inadequecy at not being able to perform your new PSNL on an opponent that will always escape at the first possible available frame. Start with CPU/stop. It will allow you to learn how to perform the PSNL in it's most basic form, and give you the basic idea of how to accomplish and repeat the PSNL smoothly. When you are able to loop it on CPU/stop over and over, and then end it with the Dsmash, then you will be prepared to move onto CPU/walk.​

When you do start practicing with CPU/WALK on, then make sure you watch your training CPU very closely. If you see that after the footstools they are able to walk even the smallest bit, then it was not frame perfect and you need to try again. If they trip in the opposite direction then you intended, then that means they were able to move enough to mess up your banana throw.​

Eventually you will be able to start looping with frame perfect timing, and when that has been accomplished, you will be ready to start practicing different set ups!!!!​

Your PSNL Setups!
This section will be coming soon. I will be doing my research into good ways of start the PSNL. If you have any suggestions please post them here.​

Differences between Characters!
I should be able to research this on my own, but if any of you would like to help then it would be quite appreciated. Just PM if you are going to try out some characters and I will adjust my research accordingly.​

PSNL Prone Stages!
These will be the stages on which you can perform the PSNL, even if just for a moment. I will most likely have them ranked in order of difficulty. Difficulty will be decided based on how long you have to set up and achieve the PSNL, how large of an area you have to work with, and whether or not there are other obstructions that may interfere.​

Wrapping it all up.
The PSNL can be an extremely dangerous weapon. The ability to bring an opponent from 0% - death is something that most characters would beg to have. Luckily enough, Diddy was blessed with this ability. Do keep in mind that if your opponent can get a hold of your banana, there are a good deal of characters that can do the PSNL right back to us. Regardless, the PSNL has the ability to completely flip a match onto it's head. Where once you might've been losing, you may now be in the lead. Master it, and use it. If we can find a way to start getting this infinite off in tournament, then us Diddy players will have yet another weapon to terrorize our opponents. Happy Tripping everyone!!!​

LAST THING: I know there are typos and stuff but I'm too lazy after all that typing to fix them so deal with it.

T-block

B2B TST
Good stuff...thanks for this. I only read it through quickly, but I'll give it a reread later.

I do have a few questions though:

There's nothing special you need to do with the platforms on Battlefield or Smashville, right? They don't interfere with this at all?
Do you have complete control of where your opponent trips? If I wanted to, could I bring a character all the way across FD and back, or am I limited to one trip in either direction?

Watching your sig made typing this take twice as long.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I dont think the Bf platform messes you up if you do it in the middle, but if you are doing it while the SV platform comes up you will throw the banana on the platform and mess it up.

and read phase 3 of Details and DI for the other question.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Good stuff...thanks for this. I only read it through quickly, but I'll give it a reread later.

I do have a few questions though:

There's nothing special you need to do with the platforms on Battlefield or Smashville, right? They don't interfere with this at all?
Do you have complete control of where your opponent trips? If I wanted to, could I bring a character all the way across FD and back, or am I limited to one trip in either direction?

Watching your sig made typing this take twice as long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXRrqENknI

very end of this vid

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry guys. I will definately be taking a look at that video and making sure I figure out how to do this through platforms. Once I get it figured out correctly I will making amendments to this thread.

EDIT: In response to the question about going across FD. I would practice that on it's own personally because it's easier to go one direction then it is to switch back and forth, so on stages like FD you could go all the way across and only decide to turn it around when you reach the end of the stage, therefore minimizing room for player error.

T-block

B2B TST
Thanks P-1. I don't see how it's possible to do this through the side platforms of BF or the platform of SV, but I hope I'm wrong.

In that vid it definitely looked like he was throwing the banana before the apex of his first jump though.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
is it even possible to do this with wiichuck + tap jump? or is it just harder to do? if so, it might not be for me :(

otherwise, im certainly gonna learn this shizzle :)

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks P-1. I don't see how it's possible to do this through the side platforms of BF or the platform of SV, but I hope I'm wrong.

In that vid it definitely looked like he was throwing the banana before the apex of his first jump though.
I've always had greatest success aiming for throwing at the apex. I should probably be a little more specific on that because I sorta found a 'window' in which you can throw the nana and still get the PSNL. The window is between the apex and a little before it, but for the most part I tried to throw in time for the apex.

Player-1

Smash Legend

with the SV platform you COULD do a regular SNL until it passes then start the PSNL but that's even more difficult than this, the BF platform you just can't start the footstool under a platform.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
This should definitely be stickied. While I don't think this is 100% necessary to learn, I do think it could be useful tool for all Diddy players.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
great guide Dime!
if you want I can test differences between characters, which way different chars trip with no di, etc
That would be fantastic. Just pick a weight class; I think that would be easiest. Like I can do the heavies and you can do the light weight's or mids. Something like that. Just tell me which.

Once I've tested all characters I will organize it into people that trip forward, and people that trip backward. Pretty simple, but I think useful. Apply DI to turn them around is obviously important, but if there is no need for a certain character, then there is less room for error.

Also, if anyone knows of or is thinking of a particular set up for this, please test it and inform me, and I will gladly update the OP with the new set ups. The more that we have, the more useful the PSNL will become.

EDIT: In response to player-1 about doing the SNL until the platform passes, I think that would look AWESOME. I'm going to practice that and see if I can get it on video.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
sorry to rain on your parade, but i don't think this will ever be useful... ever. Unless people stopped banning FD lol.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
sorry to rain on your parade, but i don't think this will ever be useful... ever. Unless people stopped banning FD lol.
I disagree completely. If we incorporate the SNL and work on setups, then it can become some easy damage. There are platforms on delfino, on halberd, on battlefield, luigis mansion, yoshi's island, rainbow cruise, norfair, and a whole handful of stages that could accomedate this AT. Although some would be harder to set up, it also doesn't require a stage even close to the size of FD in order to do it.

I suppose I must respect your opinion, but it also brings nothing to the boards other then discouragement in discovery. Theres nothing wrong with trying to apply new ideas to our strategy, but if we don't try simply because there are some things that are less probable then others, then we get nowhere.

Furthermore, if a D3 player can achieve this AT in tournament against a Diddy player, wouldn't it logical to assume that diddy players can perform it even better and in more scenarios?

Nonetheless, I agree that setups are the most difficult aspect of things like this, but this AT, when compared to some of the things that were discovered and implemented in melee and on other chracters from brawl, is very easy in comparison.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Felix... While I won't vouch for any usefulness until I see some matches, Dime's kinda right. This is DEFINITELY easier than the ATs that are staples to Melee's gameplay, and discouraging advance is, well, bad :\ This tech has already been used in a tournament, so while it will never be a staple move (I think), it's certainly possible.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
In the event that I ever get the chance to single naner lock somebody to a flat and unchanging position where I can PSNL infinite them going 1% at a time for 30 seconds without screwing up to a dsmash or something I'll commend you for your efforts.

But think of the probability of getting off a single naner lock in the first place. Think about the necessity of the lock in the matchup (whether you really need it or not). The probability is extremely low, and there are too many stages in brawl that can disrupt something like this. I like the idea, but sadly, not every stage is FD or bridge of eldin.

I guess it's pretty cool, but not necessary. It's like IC chaingrabs that you don't really need like the pivot ones or something.

Player-1

Smash Legend
you can SNL people with platforms like BF...and the set up isn't hard at all, I find it to be execution where I hear other people are the opposite

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
In the event that I ever get the chance to single naner lock somebody to a flat and unchanging position where I can PSNL infinite them going 1% at a time for 30 seconds without screwing up to a dsmash or something I'll commend you for your efforts.

But think of the probability of getting off a single naner lock in the first place. Think about the necessity of the lock in the matchup (whether you really need it or not). The probability is extremely low, and there are too many stages in brawl that can disrupt something like this. I like the idea, but sadly, not every stage is FD or bridge of eldin.

I guess it's pretty cool, but not necessary. It's like IC chaingrabs that you don't really need like the pivot ones or something.
No offense, but you need to broaden your thought process. Yes, you are correct, most levels have SOME WAY to mess you up. Nonflat stages, or stages that change. But that's not something that can't be overcome. First and foremost, although it is incredibly tantalizing to finish the PSNL with a dsmash, there is NO mandate that says you must end it in a smash that results in a KO. If you can pull off the PSNL and the stage changes, you're only one fastfalled grab away from mantaining control and going back to normal gameplay. Damage is damage, right? There is nothing that says you can't stop it early in the event you don't have enough time to finish the kill. Player-1 has repeatedly brought up the point that SNL could continue when under platforms, so stages with moving or tilting platforms can be overcome.

Lastly, we must ALL understand that NOBODY has even come close to applying the word or thought of 'necessity' to the PSNL. We all know what it is and what it's importance is, we obviously have climbed to the place of 3rd in the tier list without relying on infinites and locks, but ignoring the PSNL would simply be unintelligible because regardless of the difficulty, it's STILL an infinite that will always end in a smash, all other things held constant. Not only that, but it has the fluency and adaptive possibility of switching from PSNL and SNL, and also changing the direction that you send your opponent, so it would really be possible to avoid a small obstacle of some sort. I'm not going to say we could navigate rainbow cruise while we do it, but we could most likely avoid small platforms and possibly secluded sections of a stage change.

Infact, whether or not you guys think it's possible, I'm going to try and navigate Delfino Plaza while doing a combination of PSNL and SNL. I bet if you get good at it, you could navigate delfino while doing it. Duck platforms and know where you're going, and I bet you could make it all the way through the loop. I don't THINK there is anything completely disconnected in delfino, so platforms would just rise and fall to another.

I would be SO FRIGGEN PUMPED if I could pull that off in any way. I'm so gonna practice....

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It's fun to learn but I wonder when you guys will learn that this isn't applicable for a tourney match >.>, seems like yall just don't wanna accept it. The cross over nana lock or single nana lock is more efficient than this really...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think that maybe us diddys need to try harder to break our opponents shields. By breaking their shields it gives us more than enough time to set this thing up.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Can you footstool the daze? If so that would be really cool. The only thing, I'm not POSITIVE that diddy is much of a shield breaker is he? I've NEVER broken a shield with Diddy before, and a broken shield isn't really something you can 'setup.' I suppose if there is a broken shield it would certainly be worth capitlizing with a PSNL, but how often has that ever happened? Any ideas?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
if they are facing away from you when they are shielding then you should slightly charge fsmash. that will really do some damage to the shield or maybe even break it

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to measure shield damage? Like to test which of diddy's moves are the best at breaking shields?

On a side note I REALLY need to research new PSNL set ups. I'll have to get on that once finals are over.

EDIT: Although it was on wifi, I did want to say I've started getting pretty close to pulling off the PSNL on real opponents. That first footstool may be easier to get then we thought <.<

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I still think SNL is easier to set up and do, lol.

I remember hearing you could set up PSNL from a regular banana trip, is that not possible?
Only if you're really close with another Banana immediately accessible. The only time this would work would be in the same situation you could start a Double Banana Lock.

The only other time this would work is if they roll towards you after being tripped and you predict it (and don't accidentally do that "Footstooling a rolling opponent makes them slide ridiculously far" glitch). Otherwise you'd be too far away to actually do anything before they can react.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
I think that maybe us diddys need to try harder to break our opponents shields. By breaking their shields it gives us more than enough time to set this thing up.
if you do break someones shield at very low percent, isnt it easier so set up the dribble lock? waaay easier to do and finishes in a kill move too

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
if you do break someones shield at very low percent, isnt it easier so set up the dribble lock? waaay easier to do and finishes in a kill move too
I personally never got very good at the dribble lock. Not sure if it's because I didn't practice or because it just didn't suit me, but I find the PSNL easier. Nonetheless thats a good point, not to mention that dribble lock is awesome.

The only thing is that I would be hesitant to try and setup the dribble lock. How long does the daze last? Because I would probably feel rushed and then mess up somehow.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
I personally never got very good at the dribble lock. Not sure if it's because I didn't practice or because it just didn't suit me, but I find the PSNL easier. Nonetheless thats a good point, not to mention that dribble lock is awesome.

The only thing is that I would be hesitant to try and setup the dribble lock. How long does the daze last? Because I would probably feel rushed and then mess up somehow.
only thing you have to do is pull 2 bananas, take one in hand and place one behind the opponent, that takes like 3 seconds

and since my brother mashes out of a grab at 999% after only 8 pummels with diddy, i can say that he isnt able to mash out before you can set it up :p

so it shouldnt be a problem how long it lasts, even more, i believe you can get out faster at high percent, but at the percentage needed to not be able to set the dribble lock up, you can get a guaranteed fully charged dsmash KO

T-block

B2B TST
You're guaranteed at least 124 frames once they land on the ground after their shield breaks (not including the time they're in the air), regardless of percent. If they're below 100%, you have at least another (300-3x) frames, where x is the number of inputs before the recovery animation, so you can probably count on another 150+ frames at least? That's over 4 seconds... should be a lot of time, no?

Can someone link me to the dribble lock?

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the link but dribble lock is EASY. One banana in hand, opponent immediately infront of you, and another banana directly behind them.

1. Glidetoss banana down or at them, moving toward them. You should end up on the other side of them. (Obviously the banana needs to trip them.
2. Buffer a turn around.
3. Pick up the second banana and now repeat the other direction.
4. Now just go back and forth.

My understanding of it may be flawed but I'm almost certain thats how you do it.

Also thank you for shield break frame data.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the link but dribble lock is EASY. One banana in hand, opponent immediately infront of you, and another banana directly behind them.

1. Glidetoss banana down or at them, moving toward them. You should end up on the other side of them. (Obviously the banana needs to trip them.
2. Buffer a turn around.
3. Pick up the second banana and now repeat the other direction.
4. Now just go back and forth.

My understanding of it may be flawed but I'm almost certain thats how you do it.

Also thank you for shield break frame data.
its correct, and the only (somewhat) difficult part is not overdoing the pivot which makes you end up dash attacking when you pick up the banana -.-

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to do the lock so that the naners don't hit the ground (aka infinite)
i cant test now, but ill try later
yea, thats why its called an infinite
btw, when i tested against a falco in training mode, i managed to hit with the dribble, but the falco got hit by the other banana too, this made him bounce up AGAIN and made the infinite even easier, since you have more time due to him tripping twice, have any of you had this before?

Sails

Smash Ace
So I quickly skimmed the thread and didn't see anything on it, but what's up with the banana randomly getting dropped after the Z-catch before you're supposed to hit the ground? It happens more often than not, and I'm assuming it has to do with perfect Z-catching, but what exactly is causing it? I know I'm not hitting Z twice...

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
So I quickly skimmed the thread and didn't see anything on it, but what's up with the banana randomly getting dropped after the Z-catch before you're supposed to hit the ground? It happens more often than not, and I'm assuming it has to do with perfect Z-catching, but what exactly is causing it? I know I'm not hitting Z twice...
happens to me alot, if a nana is on lets say, a battlefield platform, if you short hop so your head pokes out the platform for a little, if you then Z-catch you (might, i dont know the specifics) drop the banana instantly again... can be kinda frustrating if you really needed it

even though Z-catching is faster then airdodge catching, i somehow manage to Z-catch with an airdodge (sounds weird :S) but I basically airdodge catch and for some reason i dont airdodge but just catch the banana. why does this happen? did i press something special? :p

Top Bottom