• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/24 The Geneseo Smash Tournament AKA THE SUPER-SPECIAL-AWESOME TOURNEY Results

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Great job by everyone who was there!! We couldn't have hoped for our first tournament hosting experience to go any better. And without further ado:

Brawl Results

1: San (Ike) ($44.40)
2: Cura (ICs/MK) ($22.20)
3: JesiahTEG (Snake) ($7.40)
4: James G (Lucario)
5: Andrew Kopp (Diddy Kong)
5: Sharky (Yoshi)
7: NightroGlycerine (Marth)
7: jeffnathanson (Sonic/TL)
9: Acton (Falco)
9: Steve W.
9: Sheth
9: Matt B
13: Mike Weacheck (G&W)
13: Joe Flynn
13: Spin (Luigi)
13: George Zhuo
17: Levi Fisk
17: Arian Rubin
17: Mike Gruszewski
17: Luke Homerin (DQ'd, advanced due to bye)
17: Paco
17: wally
17: Grache Thompson
17: Jack Cristofletty
25: Jordan B.

Melee Results

1: Minh (Link) ($39.60)
2: JessiahTEG (Fox) ($19.80)
3: Spamus (Samus) ($6.60)
4: Cura (Ice Climbers)
5: BetaFish (Fox)
5: San (Luigi/Jiggs)
7: Juni (Samus)
7: NightroGlycerine (Falco)
9: Milk (Jiggs)
9: Spam (Sheik)
9: Derek
9: Foy
13: Grache Thompson
13: Spin
13: Sharky
13: wally
17: Kory
17: Anders Korn
17: Scooter
17: Robby Nora
17: Joe Flynn
22: David Myers

Just want to thank everyone for coming out, especially from out of town all the way to the middle of nowhere for an epic smash tournament. Also, thanks to everyone who helped put stuff away, the Union was really impressed with us and says we're more than welcome to do it again.

Great success guys. Shout-outs later.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
EH I didn't do bad, just not good. Fun time, shoutouts later, I'm freakin tired (I got there 2+ hours before lotta you, remember.)

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Neil wasn't there. Shout outs soon to come, but great job by everyone there, and thanks for making this such a great event.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
And there you have it folks. An Ike won a tournament.
Clearly you just don't look at WNY that often;
He won one more earlier this year too, and pretty much always places high.

S tier? Sanford tier? A button, man.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'll try to put up shoutouts later. I was so out of it by the time I got to Jesse's XD

@Sheth: You know who to thank for that messed up CG lololol

Melee was fun,too. Can't wait til next week.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
lol. It was when you yelled after I got grabbed.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
lol. It was when you yelled after I got grabbed.
Ohh
Nahw, that's silly. I don't think that alone would mess up Cura.
-If it actually did, I'd feel pretty bad lol.

I just smokin the hype pipe.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
min is a monster and once ny has another SS tournament with OOC and OOS again he's gonna raep link is so bottom of mid tier

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ohh
Nahw, that's silly. I don't think that alone would mess up Cura.
-If it actually did, I'd feel pretty bad lol.

I just smokin the hype pipe.
You'd be surprised how well screaming effects chaingrabs. Its been the strat to breaking out of cg's for some time now.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

I didn't get to watch a ton of Brawl matches, but good **** to top 3 (as usual).

Melee

1: Minh (Link) - Your Link is too good. I need to get up to Rochester more to practice against you. Great job winning and finally beating Jesse :p

2: JessiahTEG (Fox) - Great job as usual Jesse. Don't worry, you can't win 'em all. And I'm sure you'd have had this one if Kim had just cheered louder :p I feel like every time I play you I learn sooo much; you just know so much about the game, and you're amazing at helping other people see the game the way you're able to. Keep your head up, man, you'll be back on top next weekend.

3: Spamus (Samus) - What a scrub. CC -> dsmash more... ***.

4: Cura (Ice Climbers) - How long have you been (seriously) playing Melee? Your ICs are so much fun to watch. Great job at this; I have a feeling we're gonna be seeing a lot more low numbers followed by "Cura" in results threads if you keep it up.

5: BetaFish (Fox) - Fifth, huh? I guess no one took you to Rainbow Cruise. Seriously, great job - keep power leveling that tech skill.

5: San (Luigi/Jiggs) - Wow San, I had no idea you even played Melee. Really impressive stuff.

7: Juni (Samus) - Samus dittos: fail. Pokefloats: win. 'Nuff said.

7: NightroGlycerine (Falco) - You don't get a shoutout.

9: Milk (Jiggs) - I don't think you have an account, but good stuff Willie. I told you you wouldn't get your *** kicked too badly.

9: Spam (Sheik) - I didn't get to play you at all, but your Sheik costume more than made up for it. Too good.

9: Derek - Great job Derek. You should start coming to tournaments with me and David. You've got a lot of potential, just need more practice. Stop by Nassau some time and play.

9: Foy - FOY!! You're right, we are definitely rivals now... if you can call 3-0 a rivalry. Should have listened to Jesse and just stayed up there.

13: Spin - No shoutouts for you either.

13: Wally - Same as Derek. Go to more tourneys and keep practicing, and you could get somewhere with this game. Any time you wanna play, just stop over. We're pretty much always willing.

Everyone else: Great job, thanks for coming out and making this a better experience than I could have hoped for. We're gonna try and make this a regular thing (maybe once a semester?) so I hope to see everyone here again!

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
info on this tournament please

cool stuff, how it went, melee stuff, etc
I think everything ran really smoothly (although I might be biased); honestly, for our first time hosting, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I was really pleased with the turnout -- 25 for Brawl, 22 for Melee.

Highlights, for me included:

Grand finals -- Minh beats Jesse 3-0, 3-2 to win. Minh was so on his game, it was really impressive to watch.

Me vs. Foy -- The end of game 3 was probably the loudest the venue got all day. Last stock, high percent, I'm on the ledge, Jesse is imploring Foy to just stay and wait for me to come up. Foy doesn't listen, I ledgehop a downair; game over.

Cura's ICs - I only saw a little of them, but they are legit. Probably my favorite character to watch, and I'm really excited now that we have a good one in the region.

Random people from campus showing up and doing really well; I think we might have found one or two players who'll start coming to tourneys with Nightro and me.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head right now... I'm sure someone else can fill you in better.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
was a big guy with a beard there named curtis? he's one of my good friends from home, I wish i could've made it out to see him

edit: he may not have a beard anymore. he's a hulk though you'd know him he's super nice also

double edit; i'm assuming nothing was recorded i would've loved to see jesse v min

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Was Minh vs. Jesse recorded? I'd really like to see Minh's Link.

It's pretty cool that both tournaments were won by low tiers.

Foy

Smash Champion
You'd be surprised how well screaming effects chaingrabs. Its been the strat to breaking out of cg's for some time now.
I screamed the whole time you chaingrabbed me.

It didnt work.

All the matches i lost were close too. =_= almost there

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
was a big guy with a beard there named curtis? he's one of my good friends from home, I wish i could've made it out to see him

edit: he may not have a beard anymore. he's a hulk though you'd know him he's super nice also
We used his Wii, but he didn't play. Nice kid.

OUT SHOUTS

1: San (Ike) - Thanks for showing up and winning everything! Your Ike is SO GOOD, I'm glad I hyped it because you're the best Ike in the world. Also, Sannigans are so cool, Ike is broken on Japes lol. Also your Melee is getting legit, from what I saw you could get quite good at puff in a hurry.

2: Cura - You Brawl game is so good, the chain grabs are so awesome, and your Melee game is up and coming, our match was mad close.

3: JesiahTEG - Jesse, good showing as always, and thanks for taking Rochester down at the last minute and hosting everyone after. I learned so much about Smash... again

4: James G (Lucario) - Show up to more tournies! Your Lucario is so cool.

5: Andrew Kopp (Diddy Kong) - Random Geneseo native. If you see this thread, you eliminated me from the tournament, and have the most legit Diddy ever!

5: Sharky (Yoshi) - I find that your Yoshi is the most lulz-inducing factor at any tournament. As in, "Did he just do that with Yoshi? That wasn't possible before, lulz." Keep him going!

9: Acton (Falco) - Thanks for coming and bringing a set-up. Our match was sooo close but sorry I didn't want to MM, just not feeling it I guess. Maybe next time.

9: Sheth - Thanks for showing up and being the loud hype generator you are. An invaluable asset.

1: Minh - YOU'VE GOTTEN SO GOOD! Finals were so incredible and the community's proud of you. Also, you sent me to losers, and you have a habit of winning just when I think I'm doing well. You figured out my Falco so fast lol. Keep repping Link, play more Pokefloats, and see you at the next tourney!

3: Spamus (Samus) - Fine, you don't get a shout-out either. Jerk.

5: BetaFish (Fox) - Played you for the first time ever, had no idea you had such a good Fox. You're so much fun to play!

7: Juni (Samus) - Be less hungry.

9: Milk (Jiggs) - Willie was the biggest person here. That's all the shout-out he gets.

9: Spam (Sheik) - You showing up to my tournament in a Sheik costume was pretty much the best thing to happen ever. Keep getting better and keep making tournaments fun.

9: Derek - I have no idea why you aren't more active in the Smash community. You're way to good not to be! There's a whole lot of us dedicated to this game, come out to a tournament and just wreck noobs.

9: Foy - YOUR MATCH AGAINST SPAMUS WAS SO GOOD! But yeah, stop dominating friendlies and not dominating tournaments, just summon your inner Foy-power and beat people.

13: Spin - lulz, Aaron gets a shout-out just cause he's the cheapest Puff to ever play this game.

Also shout-outs to anyone who helped pick up at the end, the tournament ran soooo smooth. I had the lobby reserved for 12-8 and Grand Finals got done at 8:04. We had everything packed up in five minutes after that. Good job everyone for making this run so well!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Tourney actually sounds like it was successful. Good job, guys!

And good job for san winning again!

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I wish I watched Melee Grand Finals! From the looks for things, this tourney is the inception of many more to come. Always glad to see our region grow. :D good job curaaaa. <3

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I got to make it to the next rochester or Buff tourney! Training my balls off but cant make any of the tourneys. Good job Minh! Gotta love link winning ****.

killerrobo

Smash Cadet
Yo night/David, this is rob from philosophy club lol. CHECK YOUR PM's !!.

Hi everyone. student from geneseo, wasn't able to make the tourney, looked fun though. Looking to play better people so if anyone in geneseo wants to play just message me.

AK24

Smash Rookie
The tourney was a great time. I played Diddy and that was the first time I've ever played in one, but maybe not the last, who knows. I'll be honest, I came to the tournament expecting to do much better than I did simply because I had never been exposed to the smash scene before. I got knocked off my high horse pretty quick after playing James' Lucario and witnessing one of Cura's IC matches early in the day. It was cool to see so many different characters being used and so many different playstyles, not to mention that everyone was a good sport and all that. The friendly matches were a good time too and exposed me to some great players that I hadn't faced in the brackets. I'd say it was a success for sure.

Top Bottom