• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some vids of my Falcon... UPDATE! 6/12/2010

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You did everything right except you approached to much. You were getting punished a lot for that.

And don't raptor boost so much against Samus, it leads to nothing.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i debate with myself about DL and FoD as well. I don't play vs that many samus so ive gone with banning DL for the most part. that might change if i play more of them.

Vs bad characters like samus, its a good idea to mix up your approaches. Especially vs characters where nair often doesnt lead to anything good.

i still say youre a fool for saying i couldve got top 16 @ SMYM 11, i appreciate the complement though. *blushes*

falcon v marth vids plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(teach me to game and watch please)

kpm91

Smash Cadet
You have a really nice falcon joot. Keep up the good work man and also props for using green lol. There's not much to say other than try not to raptor boost so much and keep your opponent guessing with new approaches which have already been said.

I personally like playing vs samus on FoD cuz I find once you learn the platforms and are comfortable it's not that bad for falcon.

kpm91

Smash Cadet
That 2nd set between joot and IHSB was really good. IHSB is like the Silent Wolf of samuses lol.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
"1st advice I can see clearly from a mistake, be more wary of samus' range and crouch cancel, if you space n air and u airs properly she wont be able to punish =)

avoid using jabs unless its a fast gentleman, more short hop b air (you dont even need to l cancel it), b air edgegrabs like me :D

properly timed l cancelled U airs or B airs are just **** against samus, so much pressure. You can usually do an n air from it or dash dance mindgames. Samus is a generally slow character aside her tilts, and she's pretty tall so you can abuse these a a lot, especially if you hit the tip of the b air or u air she cant really reach back easily.

u tilt can be pretty good against samus too, likewise back with samus XD

needs to be more scary and faster!, you play like you're taking steps lol

the samus player was baiting your jumps out of shield a lot, you should learn to either hold the shield longer, wavedash out of shield, attack at the right time out of shield or shield drop. Rolling backwards is only a good option if you're 100% sure lol

my advice against marth? really fast u airs are too good cause he's tall and it combos at mid/high %
my second advice against marth? run the flowchart LOL u throw at 0% -> u air to regrab (nothing marth can do, I've tested this) then u throw again and get as many u airs as you can (unless he DI's towards then knee him) RINSEEE"

there's gonna be some vids of me wrecking some samus and marth players in like a month :s **** slow canadian uploading lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i watched a match on fd vs chad's fox

you need to apply more pressure on fox, smart pressure, dont be all up on his grill but be just out of shine/grab/uptilt range with nair's and DDshes

youre not very good at tech chasing, one way to get good at it is by always covering the tech in place/no tech option and looking for his patterns. if he likes to tech away you can cover the tech/no tech option and still grab him. if he techs in then if you try to get the grab he might hit you with a shine/uptilt so bait that out.

after like 50 or something upthrow to dtilt and then follow the tech but he will most likely miss the tech so stomp>knee

um you dont want to really approach but if you do just nair, dont use knee/stomp

oh if you get a knee at low percents dont try to stomp after, grab instead.

if hes approaching with nair try to bait it and then bair>grab at low%

um...double jump fast fall and waveland back to kinda mess with him like dj towards him then wd back and dash away

i didnt see you gentlemen at all...

dont try to down dodge or whatever you wanna call it, it never works its sooo slow

um idk ill watch some more

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
"1st advice I can see clearly from a mistake, be more wary of samus' range and crouch cancel, if you space n air and u airs properly she wont be able to punish =)

avoid using jabs unless its a fast gentleman, more short hop b air (you dont even need to l cancel it), b air edgegrabs like me :D

properly timed l cancelled U airs or B airs are just **** against samus, so much pressure. You can usually do an n air from it or dash dance mindgames. Samus is a generally slow character aside her tilts, and she's pretty tall so you can abuse these a a lot, especially if you hit the tip of the b air or u air she cant really reach back easily.

u tilt can be pretty good against samus too, likewise back with samus XD

needs to be more scary and faster!, you play like you're taking steps lol

the samus player was baiting your jumps out of shield a lot, you should learn to either hold the shield longer, wavedash out of shield, attack at the right time out of shield or shield drop. Rolling backwards is only a good option if you're 100% sure lol

my advice against marth? really fast u airs are too good cause he's tall and it combos at mid/high %
my second advice against marth? run the flowchart LOL u throw at 0% -> u air to regrab (nothing marth can do, I've tested this) then u throw again and get as many u airs as you can (unless he DI's towards then knee him) RINSEEE"

there's gonna be some vids of me wrecking some samus and marth players in like a month :s **** slow canadian uploading lol
LMAO! charles giving advice XD. Also, charles claiming he wrecks canadian marths XD. Samus's we have none that are good. So don't go getting proud about beating our samus mains XD. Diakanos's marth, okay =)

Uhm i didn't watch much of your falcon, but definetly most of the things that fuzzy said are appropriate for critique. Also, You need to JC grab more. That **** ***** so hard. Also, gentleman is good. Learn it. Your falcons aight overall. Keep it up. :)

ALSO!!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJLJZ3ymvEY&feature=related

j00t

Smash Champion
I know how to gentleman, I'm pretty sure I do it a lot in these vids :p

but there are times where i mess it up lol

Top Bottom