• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Boards!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Okay, guys. I honestly think it's time to get serious. These boards are so dull, I don't see that many people post anymore, and we never get anywhere.
We really need to try and raise ourselves out of the slumps!

I think the first thing we need to do is to tighten our community.
How?
Post, post, post! Stop lurking! Our social thread sometimes goes without any posts at all for one whole day! Granted there are only about 7 of us, but really 7 of us can make some effort to post.
Don't lurk! If you see something new or something that someone posted ask questions about it, give advice, talk talk talk! Just don't overlook it.

Another thing.
SHARE TIPS.
If you discovered something. Or if you found something you think it's cool tell us! If you do something different than most GnWs tell us! Show videos, show writeups! Don't be afraid to make a post!

Winning tournaments? Great! Show us some videos. Stop hiding them. Kicked butt? Tell us! Lost to someone? Ask for advice. Everyone answer.

If you are a master at something. Make a huge write-up and show us. Think you're super pro at the MK matchup? post a video, tell us what you do, not to do, what he will do, etc. Allow people to give opinion and more importantly ask questions.

Post in the social thread.
SOCIAL THREAD!
Ask questions in the interview thread!
INTERVIEW THREAD!

I made it so we can closer ourselves. But we don't get that many questions. Ask tons. Ask loads. I want to see wall of texts here, people!
Subscribe to these threads if you must!

Want to contact each other? Wifi each othere:
Contact!!

I notice some boards are doing a Match-up chart. Maybe we can do one ourselves and discuss our reasonings. It'll also help match-up discussion as well. People also did their own match-up writeups. We could do that ourselves and assign each other certain matchups we're best at and know the most.
We should discuss more stages, how to be patient/when to be patient, etc.

I'll probably edit this with a lot more stuff later on since I have to leave soon. But this is just the gist! So let's do this guys. Expect more from here tonight or tomorrow.
I'm ready to improve this community!

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
It's hard to keep this place active when we're losing people every year;(.

But overall G&W boards are pretty lolserious xD. We never fool around or anything like some boards do and when the lurkers do post,they're either ignored or they come here to flame us lol.

Though i had a plan in mind but was going to start the thread during the summer.

A G&W community video Part 2 :V

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Yeah. It's too bad. :( I hope we keep at least some of us and get new players, too. That would be really cool.

Community video part 2?
well not many of the new people here know about it but yea,G&W boards had a community combo vid last year=T. Though now since a number of these players quit or stopped using G&W,i thought a new one of this years G&W mains would be great during the summer. I'll be happy to record and edit the video xD. I will need plenty of suggestions from you guys tho:V.

heres the old one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5uJT440ro

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
You're free to use some of my names in my signature...I guess..@_@ Idk. I try and post when I have something worth saying on the subject....which I guess this is kinda pointless...sorry.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
well not many of the new people here know about it but yea,G&W boards had a community combo vid last year=T. Though now since a number of these players quit or stopped using G&W,i thought a new one of this years G&W mains would be great during the summer. I'll be happy to record and edit the video xD. I will need plenty of suggestions from you guys tho:V.

heres the old one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5uJT440ro
That's really awesome! I like the idea! It'll give everyone something to do, too. Like a mini project for all the Game and Watch players. XP!

You guys are fine! Nothing is pointless! We have a social thread for a reason! To socialize! XP

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That's really awesome! I like the idea! It'll give everyone something to do, too. Like a mini project for all the Game and Watch players. XP!

You guys are fine! Nothing is pointless! We have a social thread for a reason! To socialize! XP
You have an awesome enthusiasm that I normally would be all like: HELL YEAH SON but man i dunno, lately GW seems so irrelevant.

And i'm not usually a downer, but we know nobody is gonna start using GW. There's no incentive. He's shallow, people think he's boring (RAGE I'm sorry he doesn't have spiky hair and look like a 13 year old girl *cough* pit *cough*), characters above him **** him, and he's got this weird tier placement

It's like he's good enough that if he's top 8 nobody would care. Yet at the same time he's not good enough that it'd be easy. Like the Pika in the top 8=WOW man. GW in the top 8 is unnoticeable...except to us, but we totally main him so of course WE care. Even though he's B grade NOW it's embedded in people's minds that he was 3rd best at some point in time so he obviously has redeeming qualities and it isn't impossible.

If only Doubles was more popular... Which it should be, **** is mad fun

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah, Izzy!

@Smiley, Sure! Maybe no one is going to pick up GnW. Surely there will be a few! But what about the people we have now here? You, Penta, me, Izzy, Kaak, Kewl, Zac, Nova, Cina, Soviet, etc! We still have a fairly decent size group. With all these people we can get somewhere at least. Get these boards moving!
Fine. Let no one else care. XP But the important part is we care! We can still work on this! And if new people join us, great! But for now let's work with what we have. We can't just post once every week saying, "Maaaan. GnW suucks. I'll come back next week to post the same thing."
Nah! Other boards have been getting closer and working together. If they gain new people that's awesome. But at the moment they're just to work with what they got!

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I try to post whenever I can of course. Im just hella stumped with work right now, which is why it may seem like Im not as active.

In the next few days, Im gunna upload new videos, upload tournament results, etc etc. (:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
That'd be really kewl, Kewl!
And it's okay! I didn't know you work, though? You seem young?
Other than that I'd love to see videos and tournament results! I most definitely am going to be doing the same. Sadly, I won't be at a tournament for a bit but instead tons of Smashfests. So I'll be getting vids, matchup tips, etc on them as soon as possible. I really think we can get somewhere if we all try!

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Happy soon to be birthday then. XP
So is your whole family moving to MI?

And I'm going to be updating this tonight or tomorrow for sure when I'm free.
No, just me and my sister. ;P

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful

Okay, guys! These boards make me so sad.

The matchup thread hasn't been touched lately. And the stage thread is completely outdated!
We really need to work on these two threads. These are our main threads and we're just not getting anywhere at all.

Ideas? Etc?

I'm more than willing to at least work on the new matchup thread. We just completely stopped and we're not getting anywhere. The only threads that gets every so often posts is the social thread and question thread.

I feel if we focus on our most important threads, Matchup and Stage, the boards will get somewhere. It's like we all just lost motivation to do anything.

UTDZac hasn't been posting much here at all. I've sent him PMs asking about these threads and for them to be worked on and that I'm just willing to go at it if he's busy but I haven't gotten a response. I also tried contacting Hylian which he did respond and said he'll try and talk to Zac. But I don't know how far that gotten between the two.
:( I really feel like having our important threads up and working together to get them updated and worked on it'll better our community by awhole lot. Look at other character boards. They work together to work on each and every thread and more importantly they all focus on their matchup discussion and stage discussion. While we have done nothing at all.

Rajam

Smash Champion
For the MU thread, you could continue the Zac idea (which is the idea most character boards are doing) which is open a thread per character for discussion. We should continue with the other characters, not re-discussing MK and Snake again for 53489573498th time which doesn't lead anywhere; those characters have been discussed a lot and the only thing left is to improve, put videos and give a tip in the respective thread if someone discover something new. As for the stage discussion, I don't know if opening a thread per stage would be a good idea, since these boards are mostly dead anyways ._.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i think we should rediscuss all the stagesas welll

not open a thread for every stage but do what k2 was doing originally xD.
More discussions on possible CP's vs certain characters would give people more options. Like which stages work on which characters and why:o. Example: Delfino is a better CP against lucario then RC or brinstar Imo.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah!

There's no reason to open a new thread for every stage.
However, we'd need someone to be a leader of the Matchup thread and the Stage discussion. Like I said, I'm willing to continue up and finishing on the Matchup thread and I can do Stage Discussion if no one else would like to but if someone else wants to start over on the Stage Discussion thread and make it their little project that'd be great.

They just both need to be continued on and re-worked because they're both out of date and just stopped.

Of course we'd need to create a new Matchup Thread and a new Stage Discussion thread and get the info from the previous threads. Since obviously K2 isn't here to work on it and whomever created the character discussion thread. I can probably request for them to get stickied too once the OP is up and looks well. So does anyone want to work on the Stage Discussion?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i got dibz on stage discussion=p

unless someone really wants to do it xD,then i don't mind giving it to them.

NatP

Smash Ace
Alright I'll try posting on the boards more often. :) Even though I'm not very active smash wise (lolportugal) I'll post here as often as possible.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
trying my best to keep this place alive lol.:(

i'll try to have that stage thread up by tomorrow too.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I feel kinda bad for not posting anything for the past like, 5 months, but I just don't play anymore really, so I don't have anything to add. I'm HOPING I can get my friends to start playing again come summer, but I doubt thats gunna happen. I still love G&W, and hope you all can keep him alive!

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, I've been playing competitively for maybe 8 months now and I've always used Game and Watch with mostly decent results (though i got 9th through some craaazy byes recently lol). I've been lurking here even longer than that. Maybe I should start posting >.>

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
DId you stop playing because of having people to play, Unko? You should continue to post here! Maybe we'll inspire you to play again! You live in MI, why not talkt o people there? They have some good players.

@TWSS. You should start posting! (': Welcome to the boards! Haha.

Top Bottom