• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal presents: Tipped Off 6!!! (October 16th and 17th) RESULTS THREAD UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

In case you've forgotten how great this tournament series is...

The search for a proper venue to continue the Tipped Off series at has been a long one, but I think I've come through with the goods this time:

US GAMING ARENA

10895 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076

770-910-7951

Link to hotels near venue:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Roswell&state=GA&address=10895+Alpharetta+Hwy&zipcode=30076-1422&cat=Hotels&country=US&latitude=34.04543&longitude=-84.340189&geocode=ADDRESS

13,000 square feet of venue-awesome

Includes 2 decks

A bar

And plenty of lounge space

This place has a marta bus stop within walking distance, and a hotel slightly out of walking distance that will offer free shuttling to and from the venue.
I'll have details on discounted rates up as soon as I talk to the hotel management.
I'll be updating this thread with visuals and airport/housing information as I get it, please be patient. =)

Registration starts at noon, tournament begins at 1pm.

15$ door fee
Now this is important- if you bring a gamecube/wii with a copy of melee your door fee will be cut to 12$.
The venue has plenty of TVs, but we will indeed need setups-

Singles Entry: 15$
1st- 60% *
2nd- 30% *
3rd- 10% *

Doubles entry: 20$ (10/person)
1st- 60% *
2nd- 30% *
3rd- 10% *

* = if attendance is large enough this will be changed to a split paying out to 5th place, following Hungrybox's suggested format:
40/25/15/10/5/5

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mute City and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Tentative Schedule: (more to be added as I figure it out)

October 16th (Saturday)

12pm- registration begins (doubles)

1pm- Doubles begins(Pools if neccessary)

4pm- Doubles brackets if not already started

October 17th (Sunday)

12pm- 30 minute window to register for singles

1pm- Singles begins(pools)

5pm- Singles bracket begins

The Tipped Off series has an outstanding list of returning attendees which we hope to see again this time:
M2K
Darkrain
HungryBox
Colbol
Dr. Peepee
LoZR
Lambchops
XIF
Tope
Chaddd
Kage
-Chad-
Green Mario
Nite
Bluezaft
DarknessOfHeart
ihavespaceballs
DogySamich
SleepyK
Linguini
Everlasting Yayuhzz
Uuaa
The Doug
Cyrain
Rice

And many more! (Shameless name-dropping!)
Please note that the above list is those who have attended Tipped Off in the past, not a guarantee that they will return.

If singles entry breaks 100 entrants, I will put 100$ of my own money into the pot.
And THAT is a guarantee.

Please post if you're interested in attending!

Attendance/Interest list:
FullMetal
SleepyK
DogySamich
Alpha
BBQ
DashDanceDan
Cornel
Eugenio
Tubes
XIF
BigLou
Umby
Hungrybox
Rayku
Merc
Ragnarock
TheGreatKazoo
Chaddd
Dark Hart
Yummynbeefy
Toasty
CrystalNite
RJ
Nite
DJRome
Mike G
D-Torr
Uuaa
Shiri
Zone
Finch
Mario'sCapeabilities
Everlasting Yayuhz (aka DON HUDSON)
Bebi
Dr. Peepee
Nicaboy
KO Kingpin
Tope (<3)
Bloshi
Bl@ckChris
Vilt
Ocean
Diatenshi
Player 3
j00t
RX-
Raistlin
Ace
IHaveSpaceBalls
Prac
Jin
Snap.
LadyLegion
knihT
SmashterLink
smasher salt
Hats

Sticky please? <3

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Yous gaiz was askin about it, and here it is!
GA hardly EVER has tournaments so I don't want to hear any complaints if you don't make it to this one-

=O

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
-walks back in the room-
"Mike sent me a message? Smash boards link, wtf is this s***."

-clicks-
"I have a bad feelin ab~~~~ WOOOOAH TIPPED OFF 6 N***A YAYHUZZ.
.... LOL IM GLAD IM ALREADY INTERESTED AND I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IT."

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Tipped Off 5 was basically my first Melee tournament, and with no doubt my favorite tournament so far (sorry Winterfest... lol) - I'll definitely be at Tipped Off 6!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll be coming and i'll try to get ram,rice and the rest to come with me. We need housing for sure.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. I love that picture in the OP since I'm in it. Lol at me, josh and jack going crazy in the front. That phantom rest was sooo ****.

2. I'm so ****ing here. Like forealz

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dude BBQ if I just won $200 from some other person in a Money Match I'd be willing to throw it down against someone else I thought I could beat

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Dude BBQ if I just won $200 from some other person in a Money Match I'd be willing to throw it down against someone else I thought I could beat
The $200 I won is probably going to Apex2, so I won't have the money for TO6. On top of that, I don't feel confident enough to do a $200 money match with RJ because we go too even. I money matched Billy because I thought it would be free money.

rangaha > bbq imho
He's probably all around better than I am, but we go incredibly even. We always trade wins every time we play each other.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The Marth ditto matchup is one of my favorite matchups even though I'm pretty bad at them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom