• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montgomery Smash Scene II - June 12th *See OP*

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
ANOTHER UPDATE​

Come on the 12th. No johns.

It's been a while since we've all been in Montgomery, AL, so here we are!
Montgomery Brawl Smash Scene II
Date: June 12th

Address: 107 N Burbank Dr, Montgomery, AL

Venue fee: $10 ($5 if you bring a system + game)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 (for one team)

Singles Payout
1st: 60%
[55% if over 25 entrants]
2nd: 30%
[25% if over 25 entrants]
3rd: 10%
[15% if over 25 entrants]
[4th: 5%]

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

=======================================

Schedule
Subject to change

10:00 - Store opens, we set up the place.
12:00 - Tourney starts; Doubles (Brawl + Melee)
3:00 - Doubles Grand Finals (Brawl + Melee)
3:30 - Singles (pools)
6:00 - Singles Bracket
9:00 - Grand Finals
10:00 - You should be ****ing gone.

Brawl
Singles/Doubles Rules

• 3 Stock

• 8 minute timer

• Items are set to "off" and "none"

• Double Elimination

• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both stock and percentage are tied, a three minute, stock match will be played to determine the winner

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• King DeDeDe's Standing Infinite is banned.

• All suicide moves that end the game will result in a win for the person who initiated the tactic. If the opponent should happen to break out and initiator dies, the winner will go to last man standing.

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

•Pausing will NOT be allowed unless it is an extreme emergency (i.e. bleeding, emergency in family matters, etc.) or otherwise.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

• Life Stealing is allowed

• Set team attack to ON

Melee
Singles/Doubles Rules

• Items are set to off.

• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.

• Regular sets are best of 3 matches.

• Wobbling is banned.

• The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

• Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the
opponent's character selection for both players.

• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.

• Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).

• Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

• Life Stealing is allowed

• Set team attack to ON

Stage List (Brawl)

Neutrals
Final Destination
Bafflefield
Yoshi Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise

Banned
The rest

Stage List (Melee)

Singles

Neutrals
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle
Poke Floats
Mute City

Doubles

Neutrals
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle
Poke Floats
Mute City

Details:

• We need recording systems and setups

• I got it on a Saturday. **** yeah.

• I'm bring Brawl- if anyone wants to play :)

• Take a ****ing shower. Someone @ TAF was smelling like hot ***.
Jk <3 but seriously.

• <3

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll try in make this, the 10 dollar door fee caught me lil offf gaurd. But all good playa. Is anyone offering housing for this?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Nobody, but me (I don't think) is in the Montgomery area, so I don't think anyone could house at this.

And the manager and I have agreed that if you bring a system and a game, he'll take off on half the venue fee.

Not having mix-ups.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
if the tourney ends really late you think you can house me and i might bring a few more players 2, but if you can't its all good.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Can't.

My mom doesn't really trust smashers all that much unless she gets to know them.

Sorry.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
hmm, see if the store owner will allow people to sleep there. 0 housing means lower tournout =/

And if rag comes w/ friends, I'll probably show up.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'd have to talk to him.

And isn't that a bit extreme? o_O

EDIT: Oh wait I remember people doing that at Halloween Bash.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'd have to talk to him.

And isn't that a bit extreme? o_O

EDIT: Oh wait I remember people doing that at Halloween Bash.
Its bout a 3hour drive from mobile and if i speed i can get there 2 1/2 hours. If the tourney end bout 9pm or 10pm. I'll drive home. Or when i get knocked out i'll head home.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'll try to. ;)

Edit: Just to clarify, door fee is $5 off if I bring a system + game?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ew Ensley venue fee is elsewhere

Uhhhh as for attendance erm..

Slam whats up? xD

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Bring TVs out of the kindness of your heart.

The reason TVs weren't being brought was because everyone is more than likely bringing a TV with their console - if they bring a system, that is.

Nice1, you should def come.

Top Bottom