• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GTAN Brawl+ Power Rankings [Mini Update! 07/22/10]

5ive

Smash Champion

Epic Banner​

Without a doubt, Brawl+ is spreading. We have our share of developed players, who are ready to show their skills. This PR was made with those people in mind. I hope this PR helps to motivate people to join the Brawl+ community, and to join or even just try the game. Hope this helps :D Special props to Gi for getting this started.

Get Brawl+ from http://www.smashmods.com/forum/misc.php?page=bpdownload. There is no more need for a hacked Wii.

Criteria

We will definately be looking at the number of tournaments participated, and obviously your tournament results. Like the Brawl PR, we will take consistency, bracket difficulty, notable wins, activity and doubles success. The quickest way to rise is to beat those above you on the list.

Keep in mind that this IS a ladder. You will gradually rise, meaning it is much more likely to overtake someone within one rank from yours.

Panelists: 5ive, Marik, Avarice

07/05/10

1. Distructo :toonlink:
2. TinMan :olimar::rob:
3. Eugene :falcon:
4. 5ive :pikachu2:
5. Marik :yoshi:
6. Fashoomp :dedede::lucas:
7. Minus :charizard::sheik:
8. Carter :samus2:
9. Fizz :lucario:
10. Iliad :marth::link2::dk2:
11. Swizzbeats :079:

Notable Mentions
These players are acknowledged for their skill and placings, and are placed just after the top 10.

JustNoOne :sheik::jigglypuff:, HollowCore:ike:, Pho :toonlink:

[collapse=Previous List 07/05/10]
1. Distructo :toonlink:
2. TinMan :rob::olimar:
3. Eugene :falcon:
4. 5ive :pikachu2:
5. Marik :yoshi:
6. Minus :charizard:
7. Fashoomp :lucas::dedede:
8. Carter :samus2:
9. Fizz :lucario:
10. Iliad :marth::link2::dk2: [/collapse]

[collapse=Previous List 05/25/10]1. Distructo :toonlink:
2. Eugene :falcon:
3. Tinman :rob:
4. Marik :yoshi:
5. 5ive :pikachu2:
6. Fashoomp :lucas::dedede:
7. Iliad :marth::link2::dk2:
8. FiZZ :lucario:
9. Pho :toonlink:
10. JNO :popo::ivysaur:[/collapse]

[collapse=Previous List 05/05/10]
1) Distructo :toonlink:
2) Tin Man :rob:
3) Iliad :link2: :marth: :dk2:
4) Eugene :falcon:
5) Marik :yoshi:
6) 5ive :pikachu2:
7) FiZZ :lucario:
8) Carter :samus2:
9)Avarice :ness:
10)Tippr :marth: [/collapse]

.Marik

is a social misfit
Legit list.

People should be converting to Brawl+, it's a much better game. You won't regret it.

Upon someone's request to ask this, do people feel Tin Man's placing is deserved? What about the others?

5ive

Smash Champion
Not so much fully convert, but at least join a tournament or two and go from there.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Precisely what I meant by "convert."

Except it'd be better if people renounced vBrawl from that date on.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Legit list.

People should be converting to Brawl+, it's a much better game. You won't regret it.

Upon someone's request to ask this, do people feel Tin Man's placing is deserved? What about the others?
Brawl + is not a much better game, it is actually a shallower game that promises worst players better placing by dumbing down the mindgame level required and giving most characters auto-combo moves. Its own creation was made almost purely of arbitrary decisions, mostly made by people that were not good at brawl, and also partly made by people who wanted it to be like melee but without any skill required to combo. If anything, its just a dumbed down remix of brawl and melee.

Don't bash brawl when you have not even see what it is like at the top of the metagame.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Brawl + is not a much better game, it is actually a shallower game that promises worst players better placing by dumbing down the mindgame level required and giving most characters auto-combo moves. Its own creation was made almost purely of arbitrary decisions, mostly made by people that were not good at brawl, and also partly made by people who wanted it to be like melee but without any skill required to combo. If anything, its just a dumbed down remix of brawl and melee.

Don't bash brawl when you have not even see what it is like at the top of the metagame.
The truth and get owned. Brawl+ is easy as ****. I pick up Wario on day 1, spam uairs and win the tournament, it's all ive been doing these days, unless I have to CAMP back at ROB with snake. Brawl+ scrubz lolol if there's something I hate, it's when people bash Brawl for Brawl+. lololololol

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
The ignorance is outstanding. Why don't you head on over to the Workshop and start something there?

Brawl is a horribly equal game, but at least the community itself tried to fix the casual and shallow, campy gameplay found in vBrawl. Auto-Combos? Where have you been?

You're not good at either Melee or Brawl+, so your opinion doesn't really matter.

Also, you mad?

That's because you're Ally and can read people like the drop of a hat.

*Edit* At the top of the metagame? What, Meta Knight dittoes are supposed to be entertaining and showcase what great "skill" is required for vBrawl?

Don't mention Ally, he's an outlier and doesn't necessary reflect character diversity at top levels of play.

Ally also lost MLG Orlando for a reason. Hmm. I wonder why?

Since Swordgard, you're so intelligent, maybe you can identify the problem?
no, its not because I'm Ally, it's because I play smart and patient, reading is just a bonus.

I lost to tornado and lava LOL. but I will ban that stage anyhow.

But don't compare Brawl+ with Brawl, it takes no brain to play Brawl+ which is why people like it better, not saying you are dumb, I Like you Marik but dont flame a game where it takes a lot more of brain than just pressing shiz.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Although I hate to admit it, gonna have to agree with SG on this one.

Also, I find it hilarious that carter is on this Pr. I swear hes played the game a total of 3 times. Lol...

swordgard

Smash Hero
Great list 5ive, hopefully this is the start of something.

Edit- Swordgard umad at Marik?
Nha, mostly saying that after seeing how the B+ decisions occured, how the WBR selection process was made and how it got overthrown by one person, I have no faith in the b+ community. Most people that switch to B+ are bad players that are tired of "camping" in brawl when its actually them that just suck at the game. If you want a faster paced game, go to melee, no need to make a game where everything auto-comboes, thus giving the impression to players that they are "better" when the game has only succeeded in diminishing the amount of consistency required with most characters. I don't like people bashing on other games they suck at when they have very bad reasonnings behind it.

More-over, the people in the WBR are totally inept to balance the game. Having everything beat the **** out of everything on 1st hit does not make the game balanced, it just makes stocks go away faster. This decreases the amount of consistency required, especially since no technical consistency is required from the beginning. This in itself makes results more unpredictable, once again making bad people feel better because they can more often place higher than before. Also, it is impossible to pretend to be able to balance a game where there is literally no consistent community and a turnout which is big enough to even justify most of the changes that were made. I was surprised at the answer I got myself when I asked why ics infinite were removed. Some of the most prominent members of the WBR told me "we didn't feel like it fit in the game". Aka, we don't like it so lets remove it. Did I also mention how many of the versions have literally no change list, simply because theCape did not felt like justifying most of his changes to people? Or how no logs are even kept for most justifications? The topics that came out from the WBR leak showed what the WBR really is like.

Melee had some degree of consistency required, it required you to read DI to actually combo. Comboes actually required skills to perform. Brawl has no or little to no comboes, so the only way to combo is to read your opponent and followup. Brawl+ requires neither of those, things either combo or they don't. And for the most part, they all do. By doing this, you make it so that most moves completely viable as attacking options leaving defensive aspects to the game. Whoever gets the first combo in gets a huge advantage, then the game slowly turns into a 2 hit comboes version of brawl at above 70%. It only reduces the amount of consistency required overall, and favors going more offensive with your best attack over and over. The lack of defensive options also make the game more shallow.

Basically, dumbing down the game is not the solution. Nor are arbitrary choices. Hell, name me the exact goal for making B+. Making the game balanced? Obviously not the case, bbrawl exists for this, except with their abitrary removal of cgs because they "found it gay". Adding comboes? For what purpose? Adding skilless comboes make comboes pretty much the same as reducing the lifebar in fighting games. Making the game more like melee? At least M project have a clear set goal, so does b-. B+ has no goal, thus everyone tries to make it the way they feel it should be, which is a very bad method for making a game. I brought this issue up once in the WBR, i basically got told "umad, **** off".

As for ally being an outlier, thats just people johnning to make themselves feel better. There are no such thing as "hes different", learn to play better. If you cannot accept its entirely your fault you suck at brawl, you'l never get better. No character johns, the only moment you can truly character john is once you have a pro player mindset and then still lose, which is not really the case for anyone here. I'l translate allys post for you.

"you suck at brawl so you chose an easier game, and i know it"

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
tl;dr

Wall of text, read or you are inferior to me.

You take every opportunity to bash B+ just like some people do vB; you're no better than they are, no matter how smart you make yourself seem or how much you explain.

5ive

Smash Champion
It's a game we enjoy. Is there anything more to it than that? It's not like anyone (atleast outside of Marik) actively claims it's a better game. It's not like people play Brawl+ for those reasons too. This was supposed to be a fun thread to get people into the game. Just because you win regardless of practice, doesn't mean you should put it against Brawl+ or Brawl+ players. I don't see why we have to justify ourselves over and over again, when it's pointless.

This argument pretty much overshadowed the purpose of the thread. So much for being productive. Let's get a grip guys.

swordgard

Smash Hero
tl;dr

Wall of text, read or you are inferior to me.

You take every opportunity to bash B+ just like some people do vB; you're no better than they are, no matter how smart you make yourself seem or how much you explain.
And this is the type of post that totally shows the problem with WBR.

Bashing thing is not bad in itself, its bashing things with faulty logic like most of B+ players do. 5five, I am stating your game was made by a set of arbitrary reasonning. If you enjoy playing the game, I am cool with that, but when people claim its better and should convert to brawl without providing any accurate reasonning, that I have a problem with. So do I when people say its balanced or make badly informed claims.

5ive

Smash Champion
I am in no way saying Brawl is a better game. I even clarified Marik's post, where I told people to not "convert" per say, but to give it a shot. If anything, please take this up with Marik. I honestly don't want to see this type of stuff. It's simply not necessary, especially when the point of this is to pretty much just get some people to try it.

Iliad

Smash Lord
This is all unhealthy to the thread. debate should be about who is on the list and how, and why you should be on the list etc. Like any other PR thread.

That being said. I think B+ is mad fun. It's not an intelligent game like brawl, no, but tbh, I really enjoy throwing together some ******** moves you'd never think to link together and having the whole room going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Indeed. Prepare yourselves.

Edit: lol shut up Jon, I'll sign in, post the new list, AND the old lists. But that will be when the festivities are over, and i'm not even close to seeing the sober light, lol so deal with it!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hey Shifu.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate and slightly trolling. I know this area is infested with Brawl players, but it's my personal opinion. I main Yoshi, obviously I can't place top 5 or 7.

I really have no interest in bashing vBrawl really, just claiming Brawl+ is more competitively viable, and in that sense, better.

By convert, I meant at least try it, and it'd be great if those participants stuck with the game, there are going to be no more code changes, it's a solidified, final version.

The boundaries, hopefully, will be reduced so DI is a conceivable opportunity when you're outside the borders in your bubble.

Ally, you're better than us. You can read and predict on a level unlike anyone else, now you try to be modest?

I love you too, but even Mew2King admits you're better than him. Gay counterpick's are the only reason why you lost. We get that.

Swordgard, Bo5 sounds good. Fortunately for me, you can't ChainGrab repeatedly.

Finally, members of my own community can't grasp I'm trolling when it's obvious. LOL. :yoshi:

Every single Smash Bros game consists of ******** situations and tiers. I get this. Unlike most of you, I actually play Melee, Brawl, and Brawl+.

Brawl+ mainly focuses on the fast, quick and hilariously amazing combos found in Melee, but with the character diversity and balance in mind. It's not meant to be Melee. It wasn't programmed to be Melee. Check out Project M, that was designed to be Melee in a Brawl environment.

Sorry to retract from the main topic, but Swordgard doesn't really understand how Brawl+ works.

I won't bash Brawl anymore, but the same is expected from all sides.

Sanu

Smash Champion
so much drama

also this pr is wrong, get ***** marik ;)

KingAce

Smash Ace
honestly marik id have to disagree that brawl+ is more competitive. my belief is that its all reaction time and if anyone would like to prove me wrong i will mm that entire pr list in brawl+ (a game iv played maybe 2 or 3 times and it was the older versions) for any amount of money, except distructo.

Top Bottom