• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichi-Kakuto-Gemu: Worthington, Ohio (July 10th)

TheKiest

Smash Champion

T.O. TheKiest has returned

THIS TOURNAMENT LINE UP:
Blazblue (PS3)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (Wii/Cube)
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (PS3)

With Brawl now having one-two tournaments a WEEK, I've decided to expand the tournament scene to more games. This tournament as you see in the picture, will have not only Melee, but Tekken 6(BR) and Blazblue. There will NOT BE DOUBLES AT THESE EVENTS!!!!!! Because I want many people to try many games, the entry to all of these WILL BE 5 bucks. Except for the Main Events.

I have decided to add an incentive to this series as well: the game with the highest attendance will become the MAIN EVENT for the next tournament with a $10 entry AND 3v3 TEAMS (5 bucks a person, $15 a team). I will explain the format for team at the second event's thread.

But for now, I am doing 4 "smaller" tournaments to get use to the venue. Now that the intros are done....

WHERE?
358 S Selby Blvd
Worthington, OH 43085

This where the Middle of the Ohio tournament series took place. Its also about the same size as the Ham's off my Bread, venue.
For those who haven't been here, its a park house.

When?
July 10th, 2010
Schedule as of now....
1:30 Doors Open and registration begins.
2:30 Registration for Blazblue and Brawl Ends. Brawl and Blazblue begin.
5:00 Registration for Tekken and Melee Ends. Melee and Tekken begin
7:00 "The Elite Eight"
8:15 Doors close and clean-up
8:30 Venue closes
**IF WE CANNOT FINISH THE ELITE EIGHT, WE WILL RELOCATE TO MY HOUSE VIA CARPOOL TO FINISH IT THERE (About a 5 minute drive from the venue)**

What is "The Elite Eight"?
These are what I call the 4 grand finals. (One per game). I will save these for last for two reasons.
1) To promote these matches.
2) To record these matches.

I will also TRY to keep one setup for friendlies/MMs for each game. Space pending.

How Much?
$5 Venue (waved if you bring a FULL SETUP* AND we use it. First come first serve.)
$5 Entry PER TOURNAMENT

Food locations are about 5-10 minute drive.
* A Full Setup means: TV plus system + game WITH EVERYTHING UNLOCKED!!!! (Except for Blazblue's Astrals.)

Details!!!!
As I said before, the game with the most attendance WILL BECOME THE MAIN EVENT of the next tournament. In the case of a tie, well I haven't figured that out yet...
However, the tournament with the LEAST attendance will be replaced with a different game.

The game that will be added is the one on the top of this list:
Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
Soul Caliber 4 (PS3)
Tatsunoko v Capcom (Wii)
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3)
The game that got replaced from this event
*Other games might be thrown in here such as Smash 64, SF: 3S, and others.

Also...
THE EVENT HAS A 32 MAN CAP FOR EACH EVENT!!!!!
This is because of the size of the venue, and the amount of time i have it for. I am working on getting a larger, cheaper venue. BUT until then, there is a cap. Yes this means there can be more than 32 people at the tournament, just 32 per tournament.
Also there will be no pools for any $5 tournaments. (Sorry Brawlers.)

PREREGISTRATION
Sign up by typing the following in this thread or in another thread for the other games:
Name/Handle:
Crew(If it applies)
Setups you can bring

For example:
TheKiest
69th Platoon
Worthington, Ohio
Tekken, Brawl, Blazblue
Brawl/Melee, Blazblue/Tekken
(The '/' means I have one TV and system with two copies of the games.)

Attendance List
*NOTE: The TOs (Me and Magnum) are willing to drop out of two events to allow others to play instead. Those two will be Melee and Blazblue for me. And Brawl and Melee for Magnum.
** A '?' next to your name means the player wasn't sure OR didn't prereg correctly.

Blazblue (PS3)
6 People
1. TheKiest (69th: Worthington) - will drop if a spot is needed
2. Magnum (69th: Worthington)
3. Solecalibur (OUGA)
4. sDog?
5. Solecaliber
6. RachelAlucard

Brawl (Wii)
12 People
1. TheKiest (69th: Worthington)
2. Magnum (69th: Worthington) - will drop if a spot is needed
3. SoulPech (Columbus, Ohio)
4. Moose (Columbus, Ohio)
5. FlyingFrenchman (Columbus, Ohio)
6. Solecalibur (OUGA)
7. Clowsui (Cincinnati)
8. Steel Samurai (Cincinnati)
9. Dark 3nergy (Hillard)
10. Crow?
11. Shura?
12. MityMouse?

Melee (Wii/Cube)
7 People
1. TheKiest (69th: Worthington) - will drop if a spot is needed
2. Magnum (69th: Worthington) - will drop if a spot is needed
3. Moose (Columbus, Ohio)
4. Megachuk?
5. BigD?
6. e_
7. MityMouse?

Tekken (PS3)
5 People
1. TheKiest (69th: Worthington)
2. Magnum (69th: Worthington)
3. Killsteal117?
4. sDog?
5. RachelAlucard

RULES AND FORMATS ON 2nd POST

TheKiest

Smash Champion
GENERAL RULES:

Payouts:
(For all 5 dollar tournaments)
1st: 60% - $5
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: $5

Conduct:

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
Applies mostly to Smash games.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
Applies mostly to Smash games.

* Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

* Seamus McFly's Sportsmanship Rule:
If a losing player ends the match with "No Contest" (pausing and ending the game before the victory screen) after they lose their final stock but before "GAME" is called, that player is subject to consequences ranging from forfeit of that set to disqualification from the competition. Consequences can be avoided by apologizing to the other player for robbing them of a victory screen. Also, Excessive displays of rage over losing matches (shouting, controller throwing) will not be tolerated.

In other words, be respectful to the games and the players.

Format
All tournaments will be:
Double Elimination
Best of 3 games (except for Finals: Winner, Loser and Grand will be best of 5)
Please bring your own controller (some controllers MIGHT be available if a player does not own the system, but would like to enter a tournament.)

Blazblue:

Winner MUST stay character.
No Unlimited Characters.

Brawl:
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime. (Please ask me or FLC)

Order of play:
1. Players RPS for Stage Strike turn (or agree who strikes first)
2. Players strike one stage from the neutral list until one remains. The first gaem is played on that stage.
3. Players then announce their banned stages (each player gets 2 bans: 1 from the neutral list and one from the CP list.)
4. The Loser of the first match announces the stage (cannot be a stage that BOTH player have banned)
5. The winner picks character
6. The loser picks character.
7. If it goes to game three... repeat 4-6.

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

Standing Infinites are banned

If a game ends with any suicide kill, (Wario's Bite, Ike's Up-B, Kirbys/D3's Swallocide, Ganon's F-B, Bowser's Suicide Claw, and any other ones I'm missing....) the winner goes to the player who did the attack (If both players are down to their last stock of course).

Ledge Grab Limit: 40 (50 on Norfair). This applies ONLY if the game goes to time out. If both players pass this value, then the player with the MOST grabs LOSES.

Stage List:

Neutrals (For Stage Striking):
Final Destination
BattleField
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counter-picks:
Norfair
Delfino Plaza
Jungle Japes
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1+2
Brinstar

Melee:
Smashed in Smashfield ruleset

4 stock

8 minute time limit

Items off

Wobbling is BANNED

Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime. (Please ask me or FLC)

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.

Melee Stage List

Neutrals: (On random for first match)
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Tekken:
Random Stage each game, thus Random Stage on Arcade mode is played for each match.
No stage is played twice, unless agreed on both players
Winner must stay character.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
so what if i want to come to this but cant make it to the venue until around 3:30 or 4 and melee registration may very well have already reached 32

do i make the drive just to see if i get to play or not?

clowsui

Smash Legend
steel and i might make this

by this time i will probably have summer job and so will he so we might not be able to get off for this weekend, we'll see

TheKiest

Smash Champion
so what if i want to come to this but cant make it to the venue until around 3:30 or 4 and melee registration may very well have already reached 32

do i make the drive just to see if i get to play or not?
We'll have a better idea of attendance by the time the tourne comes. But I really have to be strict about the cap. We won't have the space or time to have more people.
People who preregister also have preference.

Also the schedule isn't final, the events with the most preregistered will go first. (Unless there is a setup clash.)

SoulPech

Smash Master
SoulPech
1955 prince george dr.
Columbus, OH
Brawl, SSFIV, SC4
Brawl

EDIT: i'll see if I can get my friend play some SC4. He is veery solid!

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Name/Handle: Moose
Crew(If it applies): It doesn't
Games you want to enter: Brawl, Melee
Setups you can bring: Brawl/Melee disks and a Wii

I'm assuming I can make it to this.. not sure what would keep me from coming. Stage list looks good, although I suggest taking off Norfair and PS 2 O.o And what's a park home? >.>

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Soul: Didn't need your street name.... lolz

@Moose: I'll post pics of the venue sometime next week. But it means that inside is a "meeting" room, fridge, kitchen, bathrooms, all by a park.

SoulPech

Smash Master
@Keist:

My friend wants to be in the SC4 tourney...he doesn't go to smashboards, so can I post his information on here?

Also,

Can I ask why Frigate isn't on counterpick?

Oh, and LOL for the apt. number

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Soul: Yes you can.

I forgot to put Frigate on due to me making the post after being up for 21 hours.

I'll update it with the Melee stage list sometime this weekend.

But I will be adding:
Frigate
Mansion

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Doubles will not be at any of these events. These tournaments are meant to attract ALL fighting gamers, so don't look at this as just a brawl tourne.

If there is extra time, I would do something that everyone could enjoy (not just smashers).

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Probably will make it out to this.

Name/Handle: FlyingFrenchman
Crew(If it applies): N/A
Games you want to enter: Brawl
Setups you can bring: Wii and brawl disc.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sorry for the lack of updates. I just started a new job thus cutting my internet time down to about 2 hours a day. Total.

This is still on and should be updated this weekend.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Name/Handle: Solecalibur
Crew(If it applies): NEOH / OUGA
Games you want to enter: Brawl , Blazblue
Setups you can bring: Wii / PS3 Blazblue,Brawl

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ok well things have changed and i can make it at any time, so i'll be there for melee, not playing anything else

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Glad to hear it.

@SoulPech: SC4 isn't at this event. Its just melee, brawl, tekken 6, and BB: CT (unless the new one is out).

Roaster is updated.

e__

Smash Ace
I might go to this (Clowsui can I get a ride?)

If I can I'll be going for melee, probably not anything else.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Count me in.

If I get a ride, I can bring a setup. Otherwise I can bus/bike there.
Entering Brawl only.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Name/Handle: Dark 3nergy
Setups you can bring: Wii and brawl disc. -- lookin for a better tv atm as of now i cant transport my stv's from home too heavy/ big

i can prob make it to this

clowsui

Smash Legend
Name/Handle: clowsui
Setups you can bring: n/a

Name/Handle: Steel Samurai
Setups you can bring: Wii + Brawl

We might make it to this, still need a ride.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Name/Handle: Juushichi (Shura)
Crew(If it applies): OUGA?
Setups you can bring: Wii + Brawl

D

Deleted member

Yay for Norfair!! I love that stage.

Name/Handle: Auspher
Crew(If it applies): NEOH/OUGA
Setups you can bring: A wii, tv, and Brawl and Melee.

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
going to this fo shizzle!

Name/Handle: Rikku
Crew(If it applies): OUGA!

Top Bottom