• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GnG CHAMPIONSHIPS//MMMB -- AUG 14TH, MN --- HYPE IT UP!!!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
GnG CHAMPIONSHIPS//MMMB!

YOU MAY HAVE NEVER BEEN TO MN BEFORE........ NOW IS THE TIME!
TRYING TO FIGURE OUT POT BONUS, WILL UPDATE ASAP.

Will get pics up of our venue SOON. The Venue for this is the same place as Raging Storm MN! -- Massive Room in a Holiday Inn! ALL DAY.

Don't miss Genes and Kyles first MASSIVE event for Melee and Brawl!

Gene @ Games N Go said:
What is it?
GNG Championships is a series of video game tournaments and casual gaming events happening from 10 AM – 4 AM. GNG Championships is a LAN gaming environment with huge cash prizes and lots of FREE Giveaways.
When is this happening?
Saturday August 14th 2010 10 AM – 4 AM

How Can I sign Up?
You can sign up at the venue you will need to bring cash. You do have the option to take care of your signups and venue charges at any of our 3 locations.
Games N Go Rosedale 651-636-6099
Games N Go Brooklyn Park 763-416-3263
Games N Go Maplewood 651-779-2368

Where is this located?
This venue is established to create an environment of nonstop gaming events without interruption. We will be running events all night in both competitive and casual environment. Bus routes do offer stops at the venue.
Holiday Inn & Suites 3 Appletree Square
Bloomington, MN 55425
Direct Line: 952-876-8654 (Grove Room)

What is the Cost?
GNG Championships will have a venue fee cost of $10.00. This automatically makes you eligible to enter any tournaments and take part in the free casual events and the free give away prizes. Without a venue fee you would not be able enter and participate in all the events we will be hosting.

Can I save on my venue fee?
You can save on your venue fee by brining a full setup for the games you want to play. If you bring a full set up that we can use for a tournament and people can play casuals on.
A full set includes ALL of the following:
• TV
• System
• Games
• MUST have characters unlocked

What games will be played at Championships?

SNK

* King of Fighters 98: $5
* King of Fighters 2K2: Unlimited Match - $5
* King of Fighters XI - $5
* King of Fighters XII $ 5
* Garou: Mark Of The Wolves - $5
* Samurai Showdown 2 -$5

Capcom

*Super Street Fighter 4 $10
* Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: $5
* Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix $5
* Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - $5
* Marvel Vs Capcom 2 $5
Capcom vs SNK 2 $5

Various

* Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core - $5
* Melty Blood: Actress Again – $5
* Tekken 6 - $5 ESOM
* Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles $10
* Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles $20 (Team)
* Super Smash Melee Singles $10
*Super Smash Melee Doubles $20 (Team)
* Blaz Blue Continuum $5

Shooters

Cod MDW 2 Doubles $5
Halo 3 Singles $5
Halo 3 Doubles $5
Gear 2 $5
Gears 2 Doubles $5

GNG Championships Schedule

KOF 98 11AM
Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles 11AM
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix 11am
Halo 3 Singles 11am

KOF XII 1pm
Tekken 6 1pm
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Doubles 1pm

Blaz Blue Continuum shift 3pm
KOF XI 3pm
Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles 3pm
Halo 3 Doubles Singles 3pm

Melty Blood Actress Again 5pm
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 5pm
Gears Of War 2 Singles 5pm

Garou Mark of the wolves 6pm
Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles 6pm
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike 6pm

Super Street Fighter 4 7pm
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom 7pm

Super Smash Bros Melee Singles 9pm
KOF 2K2 9pm

Gears Of War 2 Doubles 10pm
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 10pm
Capcom vs SNK 2 11pm
Samurai Showdown 2 11pm
Brawl Rules:
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The same applies for Ganondorf's side-b.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Everything Else is banned.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Other Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime. Bowser's suicide klaw and Ganondorf's suicide side-b is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

Melee Rules:
Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Corneria
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
--

List of interested attendees SO FAR in no order! Lets make this happen guys!
PC ChriS?
Kels?
Tink??
Flux
Ogbot
TemPesT
Fargo
l337cpu
Disciple
YoshQ
Ocho
Chexr
Eighteenspikes
Mundungu
HungWasHere
Misteroo
Doko
NeoMagic
Dos
Some U of M randoms
Near
Moe
Hunger!
Fino/MJG/Domo/Zeton
RRR
Breezy
Deepak
DonPiano Sparrow
PD

Also calling out heath, moe, ocho to help me TO this! you down?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
summer 2010//July 31st-Aug 1st//pending, discuss a dates if this conflicts, and post your interest level!

Fumps

Smash Rookie
Excellent! Misty Mountain is really close to my house. I go there every once in a while for MTG events. They have tons of space so this should turn out really well.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** M2K, PC Chris, and Darc this could be really big. Flux means business, let's hype this up.

D

Deleted member

It's not that noticeable it's at the end of this little strip mall pretty close to the freeway. I used to go for yugioh regionals I know they have alot of MTG stuff going on there, but I don't think they usually do video games.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
wow it seems like 2 seconds ago i looked at the clock and it was 11:11 and i made a wish, and now i look at the clock again and its 1:11

get rapeddd

edit: oh yeah on topic LETS GO

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey Spike if you come can you help TO this?

That would MAKE the event since you're the best TO in the universe ;)

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Also calling out heath, moe, ocho to help me TO this! you down?
I'm down assuming that I go. Its just gunna be sorta hard to get there. and I'll have to get off work to but yeah, I'll be there.

and ulti said he'd try to go. and I live in Ulti's direction so whoever wants to give him a ride should get me too. or ulti, could you give me a ride/ drive? [i wonder if ulti will read this]

edit - also, Spikes, its my personal goal to become the dr. mario slayer of MN so we should definetly play.

Top Bottom