• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2Knee's Ledge Knee strat.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Basically it is:
Hang from ledge->Ledge jump->Fair->sweetspot ledge.

If you peform it like this:
Sweetspot ledge->Ledge jump->Fair->sweetspot ledge (again).

You have a Fair right in between invincibility frames.

But there is a catch, as, as you probably know, if you simply ledge hop Fair, and simply hold the control stick away from the stage, the Fair's frames end after you pass the ledge, making you unable to sweetspot the ledge.

This is exactly how it is done:
1. Hange from ledge
2. Push control stick away from the stage
3. Jump immediatly
4. Hold control stick towards stage
5. Fair
6. Hold control stick away from stage
7. You'll sweetspot the ledge again

Important:
- Holding the control stick towards the stage (step 4.) is done so you get a slight boost from falcon's hurtbox heeling over the edge of the stage. If done correctly you will NOT end up on the stage, but you'll get slightly more airtime because of this, making you able to Fair in between sweet spotting the ledge twice.

I dont feel like making a video.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Oh wow, this is actually pretty cool xD

Takes a second to get the timing down, but this better than coming onstage with a Knee.

Zeallyx

IDC if you dont wanna make a video!!!
DO IT!!!
please =D
As I have my wii back, and thus, can play brawl again, I'll see what I can do.

I'm a busy man though, so I'll see how fast I can do it, IF I do it.

I agree with Slader though, but I'll try to do it, anyways.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Wat

I don't understand what's so specific about this.
And why you would do that (and risk of being Dtilt spiked) when you can just Uair/Nair plank.

Everyone's all "omgomg" I feel like I'm totally missing the point :/

Zeallyx

Wat

I don't understand what's so specific about this.
And why you would do that (and risk of being Dtilt spiked) when you can just Uair/Nair plank.

Everyone's all "omgomg" I feel like I'm totally missing the point :/
Yeah as every character can Dtilt spike.

Tenki

Smash Hero
no :(

------

I think the omgomg part was because it sounded like you were invincible the whole time > regrab? like it was a falconplanknee.

But as far as I've tested it (and I could be buffering wrong), invincy frames run out, right?

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
This is... kinda bad. Laggy, small hitbox, low-use, shieldpunishable, even REGULAR punishable

Kinda really bad.

Als pretty old, but that's not really the point.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No but every character has a move with a low hitbox that can hit you when you're trying this. And sometimes it's a Fsmash.

Technically you can have up to 25 frames of invincibility after dropping from the ledge (given that your ledge dropping is frame perfect because you can't buffer it).

So yes there's time to do a ledge hopped knee so that the knee hitbox would come out during the invincibility frames.
But you'd still be vulnerable until you regrab the ledge, so there.

It's ok to try it once or twice in a match, but else you better Nair (same exposition but better hitboxes) or Uair (safest **** in Falcon's moveset and can be followed up with falcon dive if they shield).

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
useless situational, no point to it
Definitely has more of a point than ledge jump to onstage Knee, which is punishable as ****.

...That said, there's no reason to make this out to be any more than it is, either. It's the same as uair and nair; it just varies things up a little.

Zeallyx

No but every character has a move with a low hitbox that can hit you when you're trying this. And sometimes it's a Fsmash.

Technically you can have up to 25 frames of invincibility after dropping from the ledge (given that your ledge dropping is frame perfect because you can't buffer it).

So yes there's time to do a ledge hopped knee so that the knee hitbox would come out during the invincibility frames.
But you'd still be vulnerable until you regrab the ledge, so there.

It's ok to try it once or twice in a match, but else you better Nair (same exposition but better hitboxes) or Uair (safest **** in Falcon's moveset and can be followed up with falcon dive if they shield).
I know.

But the fact this is a new legit (mixup) strat., makes it pretty good.

Top Bottom