• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Game and Watch Matchup Thread!! Currently: Ice Climbers

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I got ***** by ICs, but I'd like to play them more offline so I can play way more carefully vs them. Looks like 3:7 or worse to me atm, but maybe there is a way to play it so GaW stands a chance.

Would never do this on any neutral other than BF, or PS1.

Splice

Smash Hero
i guess we just dont have any good ICs

The best Snake in Australia seconds ICs (He's really only used them for Olimar and Wario in a tournament so far) and I destroy them with GaW if I just platform camp hard and use UpB to push them above the platform if they try to use aerials to poke at me.
Beats me with snake ofc

So anyway I guess I just don't really understand, why is it so bad? As if it's 70:30 that's, like, as horrid as a smart Marth player

Alphicans

Smash Hero
IC's don't need to put themselves in a position to be pushed by the upB. They can just attack from the side, and they won't be pushed up. Uair beats dair always, and no aerial is truly safe. I've been grabbed after I smashed their shield, so basically nothing is safe. You gotta hit them by surprise and basically every hit needs to lead to killing nana or else you have no chance.

The good part is that if you kill nana, running from popo indefinitely is easy.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's hard to time out both climbers, but I think it's possible, just very hard... Solo popo is easy as hell to time out though.

Splice

Smash Hero
The other thread should stay, or incorporate them together.
We probs shouldnt have both

you may need a mod

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
ICs Vs. G&W is hopeless. I played a ton with Vinnie last night and the MU is just awful. Lol at the G&Ws who ever thought it was 60-40. The only way you can win is either:
A. The ICs have a bad day.
B. CP
C. No ledge grab limit.
D. The IC main is garbage.

:phone:

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
lol, IC matchup is unviable. Experienced this plenty of times against intermediate players. If you get grabbed it can be death and there's no safe aerial approach, gg

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Diddy vs. G&W is like 75/25 Diddy's favor. G&W can't really force an approach and all of his approaches get punished

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I found it to be fairly accurate, but there are like 3-4 MUs that I want to hear explanations for. I neither agree nor disagree with them, I'm just curious.
Some of those being ZSS and MK.

Someone care to give me the short summaries?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I found it to be fairly accurate, but there are like 3-4 MUs that I want to hear explanations for. I neither agree nor disagree with them, I'm just curious.
Some of those being ZSS and MK.

Someone care to give me the short summaries?
Lol idk man. GaW panel voted for MK to be -1 and ZSS to be 0. I am nearly 100% sure the MKs agreed to -1, so idk wtf happened there, and we didn't talk much with the ZSS, so I guess the creator of the actual chart went with the ZSS opinion. Like I definitely do agree with ZSS being even.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
eh, keep in mind not all -2's are the same. A DDD -2 vs MK would be really close to a -3, whereas our -2 would be closer to a -1. Kinda unlegit and confusing I know :/.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Yes, but Lucas.

Lucas.

Being classified under the same ratio as him suggests that they're atleast somewhat the same against MK.
Which is, well, utter bull****.

Top Bottom