• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 35 Matchup Discussion: Jigglypuff!

Padô

Smash Lord
Hey guys!

This week we are discussing:

JIGGLYPUFF!
Some people say that Wario is an improved Jigglypuff... NEVER.

Aerial trades? How easy can Wario kill Jiggly at 40%? Jigglys rising pound is plaking the hell out?

Discuss and give me numbers :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Bite is lulzy in this MU. You shouldn't have to shield, you can just dair all days and there's little our little Jiggs can do about it. You don't really need uair for damage racking, you can save it until 90-100% to get an easy kill (it's remarkably easy to land). Stick to the air, being grounded serves no real purpose. Keep it safe at low percentages, Jiggs can gimp quite well and bair/strong nair/fair are all decent setups at lower percentages, losing their efficiency once they do too much knockback to be followed up.

You won't die anytime soon, probably because of a strong fair at 150-190% (from 190% on, I believe bair kills, perhaps earlier? Someone who knows correct me if I'm wrong). This matchup is really easy once you get the hang of it (playing safe at low percentages, it's really crucial), it's probably something like 70-30 our favor, something that could be considered awful for Jiggs.

Anyway, very safe damage racking, enough (low percent) kill opportunities with uair/fart/fsmash/the basic stuff, all Jiggs has on us is a few unguaranteed gimps.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Haha, I laughed, AL.

I played Thinkaman back when he was considered one of the best, and I was above average-ish. Was still pretty easy for me.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Played against kaak's Jiggs, which he does fairly well with I guess. If you're looking for people who have played the matchup optimally then you've just got yourself a lost cause.

Very much lost, if you have anything to add which may or may not prove anything we say wrong, then feel free to do so.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Get on top of Jigglypuff. It's the best way for anyone to play against a puff, really.

Top Bottom