• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

★ Taste of Armageddon ★ KOTC Sponsored! 6/12

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
DISCLAIMER: I'd like to call this ASYLUM 2.0 but KoTC is advertising this as Taste of Armagedden. So don't get it twisted Asylum 2.0 and Taste of Armagedden are the same tournament.

It's Ya Boy J.G.! And we coming at you with the next freshh Tri~State Smash Event.

For anyone that doesn't know, I used to host BIG regionals in NJ back in 2008 but stopped hosting because of the lack of a legit Venue. But we're back now and better than ever. Now Here's all the info you'll need.
This event is a big sponsored event by King of the Couch. Info on the group is here at NJHALO.COM there will be lots of other games here as well. Back years ago everyone went to a KOTC event and had a great time. I decided that it was time we had this relationship renewed.

As far as the venue it is HUGE. It is a giant park, think new ROC CITY, and has lots of things to do while you wait for the matches to be called. Here are some vids of the venue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lucIruMf4VA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX-qzJXIJ0s

Here is the information

DATE: June 12th, 2010
TOURNAMENT STARTS: 11am ( no more entrees at this time and doubles starts as soon as bracket is made. I am on a fixed schedule so people should come early. )

Venue fee : $10
Tournament Fees : $10 Singles | $10 Doubles per player

There is no CAP on singles or doubles
$3 off for bringing a System/TV

NJ halo is hooking us up with 8 tvs and 4 Wiis and I will put 2-4 of my own televisions to add to it, But I need all your help for the rest!

We need Wiis and Tvs so BRING THEM ONLY THE FIRST 10 SYSTEMS/WIIS GET DISCOUNTS

All Good matches will be recorded uploaded to

so subscribe to catch everything as soon as it goes up along with interviews.​

RULES

BRAWL RULESET
3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

NEUTRALS

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

COUNTERPICKS:
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

BANNED STAGES:

If a stage isn't on the Neutral or Counterpick list it is BANNED. (Although any teams/players may play on a banned stage as long as BOTH players/teams agree to it.)

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stages that will be banned from the tournament set

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

• Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be based on Region/Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will also be seeded in the same way.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
I was extremely impressed with Alex Strife at Asylum and I am honored to be working with his associate J.G. on this project. Our goal is to work with Alex and J.G. to give smashers quality monthly events along the East Caost and beyond.

The last event was crazy. Please take a look at the web page (picture section). I'll post some more videos later on this week. Thank you for your support lets get 100 Smashers for June 12th !

www.njhalo.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ab7XykR83Q&playnext_from=TL&videos=KpRFEJ6_GTE

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will be talking to him about july having more fighting games but for now this is all we are doing. sorry guys but lets be happen a company supports us.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
I will be talking to him about july having more fighting games but for now this is all we are doing. sorry guys but lets be happen a company supports us.
As we speak we are working on getting our Street Fighter IV up to speed along with a few other games in the works. We also start up with Madden again and August. The whole division is called KOTC Fight Club.

Alex and J.G. are amazing at what they do and we want the same type of people for our Street Fighter and other games. They are coming my friend, thanks for the feed back, we are working real hard.

Also please check our beta page www.kotcnation.com

-Rod
www.njhalo.com

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
keitaro there is no ssf4 here but you can enter 2 events.

sorry next one we are working on a month tournament name.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Brawl Minus at Doom's house was soooo hot so If the actual Tournament finishes by 7 There WILL be Brawl minuss at this. oh and there has to be at least 3 B- Setups. So if you really want B- at this then help make it possible.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Well Brawl- interests me just as good as SSFIV could. Hope there aren't any pros in this new game.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow gay :( I'll watch some videos and hopefully be good soon.

And screw DM for picking up every new game and getting decent at it fast to **** people before they even hear about it.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'ma try to make this despite the fact that the bus I gotta take costs $4.50 one way. =.=

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
how is this close to NYC again, i checked on map google i at least have to make another transfer by train o_O

Top Bottom