• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Hello, everyone. Welcome to Smash World Forums! Tell us who you are and what brings you here.

Here is a bit about myself.

My name is Heartz; closer friends address me by KC. Everything started for me on Smashboards in my Meet and Greet thread two years ago from a couple days ago. It became the largest and most active M&G thread. It became so large that I wanted to start an online tournament for regulars who visited the thread. That thread is now called "The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament."

A mod had eventually moved the thread to Online Tournament Listings. It was the first tournament I ever created, and with the vast number of participants, it was difficult for me to manage. The tournament never finished, however; the thread kept going on as a "social thread" if you will.

Unfortunately, the thread was closed for spam. It ran its course, but I enjoyed it. Very few of the friends I've met in that thread are still here on Smashboards.

Because of these past events, I've titled myself "The Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee" in remembrance of that thread. Eventually, the administration thought it a good idea to create the Smashboards Information Center (here) based off that concept. Instead of segregating newcomers with separate threads, we would have a single one, to promote networking with everyone in different ways, whether it is learning to Brawl, looking for an online match, asking a question, or just introducing yourself.

It took time, but it has finally happened. Thanks for reading and welcome to Smashboards. ♥

In the meantime, here are a few things to help get you started:

If you are looking for a simple guide to help you learn how to use the many features of Smash World Forums, check out the Newbie Handbook here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254708

Looking for an online Brawl? Check out the New New Members Fight Arena. You'll always find a good match there:

http:/www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

This forum is meant for those who may require direct information on what works on Smash World Forums. The Welcoming Committee is committed (see what I did there?) to give the simplest advice and give you the rundown of any updates and changes that may occur on this site. Have fun. ^__^

Big Sis' 2 cents-EDIT:

Hey there! :D
I just wanted to say ~Welcome~ to all newcomers, I hope you'll enjoy your stay :)
oh, and you veterans, too x]

If you have questions, just come here and ask the committee or any other member, we're all willing to help.
Btw, the Welcoming Committee Members are sportin' that creamy yellow name color , just so you know :p

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hey guys, I'm rPSI and I moderate the Lucas boards. Feel free to join the discussions and learn more ;D

arch knight

Smash Lord
Hi all you new guys and old members Im Arch Knight im the unofficial/official Mod/overseer of the New New Members Arena. most know me as the Reaper of souls there because if you lose to me I take your brawling soul. :093:

Nice to meet you all ^.^

waits to be slapped on the wrist for staff impersonation x.x

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hi!~ I'm Victra =D I look after the Canada forums! If you're a Canadian, hit me up! I can help you find close smash communities in your area as well as info on Canadian tournaments and events. ^^

D

Deleted member

Hello there everyone. I'm Super Smash Bros. Fan (Obviously) and I'm a huge fan of Super Smash Bros. and Nintendo. They're like the best thing ever! But seriously, they're awesome and I'm surprise when I meet a Nintendo fan who is not a fan of Super Smash Bros.

I've been gaming since 1998 with a Nintendo 64. There's a lot of things I love about the console.

I've been active in the forums since late February, 2010.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hii I'm Junglefever! But you can call me Jungle! I help oversee this room, and I frequent the Midwest boards, Melee boards, Pool Room, and Forum Games! I also come around here for some wifi once in a while. Shoot me a VM if you ever want to play!

Glad to be a part of this room

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hi I'm Sephiroths Masamune (currently copying other people) I'm the guy who is friendly, cool and sometimes out of the loop. ;) If you like final fantasy or want someone to talk to,come to me.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hi! I'm Vrael, and I've been around here for a couple years. I just wander around the boards and post wherever, I don't really play Brawl competitively anymore. I live in Chicago, IL, and I enjoy music (mainly rap) and video games, among other things.

Hit me up if you want.

Roie

Smash Cadet
I am Roie, I play Starcraft: brood war competitively, and in the past I was a top 100 red alert 3 player. I've started to fall in love with different games other than RTS only recently, one of them being League of legends, and the other being Brawl. Because of the competitiveness of broodwar, it is easy for me to play 8 hours/day of brawl even if I have work or whatever. I never get bored of games as long as there are people that are better than me.

Unfortunately, I recently moved and no longer own a copy of brawl or a gc controller

Mewter

Smash Master
I joined in 2008. I play(ed) Brawl sometimes. I'm nowhere near pro, so if you lose to me you're pretty much a failure. :p
Mostly post in the Pokemon Center.

Frown

poekmon
I am Roie, I play Starcraft: brood war competitively, and in the past I was a top 100 red alert 3 player. I've started to fall in love with different games other than RTS only recently, one of them being League of legends, and the other being Brawl. Because of the competitiveness of broodwar, it is easy for me to play 8 hours/day of brawl even if I have work or whatever. I never get bored of games as long as there are people that are better than me.

Unfortunately, I recently moved and no longer own a copy of brawl or a gc controller
A Starcraft fan? Have you pre-ordered SC2 yet? :)

PowerToMario

Smash Rookie
The name's PowerToMario. Have not played Smash too much, recently, but I got the original Smash as a wee lad, and grown up with the games. Not very good in comparison to the Smash elite, but I'll try not to disappoint you all. =)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Contemplates making a post.

Hi guys! I've been around for almost 2 years now and love this place. I play Brawl mainly, but I like Melee too, in which I exclusively play Pichu. You might see me lurking the Poke Centter or in the odd place or two, but I'm usually enjoying my Premium membership. Which if you come to like this place and like a good time, I totally recommend.

See you guys around! :)

Feels good to make a decent intro post.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Hi everyone, I'm GwJ (Or Dave). I frequent the ROB boards and the custom content section of general brawl. That's it.

It feels weird making an intro post after like 2 years.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I disappear for a while and then come some changes, huh? Anyways, I'm jamlosingthegame, and yes you did just lose The Game. I come every now and then and post every now and then as well as try to be as friendly as possible. Used to frequent the old Meet & Greet with welcomes and information stuffs, but I don't think I'll be doing that very often now. New members are welcome.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Uh, hey guys!
I'm dragonblooded (DB for short), and I've been here for just over a year; SWF has been a great place. I'm a huge fanatic of Brawl, and I main Marth (only) and have done so since Melee. I'm a pretty cool, friendly guy if I do say so myself, and if you ever wanna talk about Smash or play online, find me.

That's all. Hope this place is successful. =)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Never introduced myself in the old Meet and Greet, so doing it here.

I'm Mota, but was originally 'McDingus', which was name changed to 'SmokeyBBQ' and then into 'Mota', that's when I ran out of Premium, so I'm stuck with this.

Been at SWF for almost 2 years, it's a pretty interesting & legit place, good fun people, lulzy at times. Mained Toon Link since the beginning. Can't seem to quit this place.

Legend_Of_Wii

Smash Rookie
Newcomer: Legend_Of_Wii
Hello fellow smashers!

I'm Legend_Of_Wii, I have autism (ASPIE). I am a huge fan of the entire Super Smash Bros. series (I got all 3 SSB games... for now until there might be a SSB4, who knows?)

My mains are Luigi (in SSB64, SSBM, and as my old main in SSBB), and Lucario (my new main in SSBB), I don't have a friend code yet but I'm hoping to get one.

I enjoy a good challenge in any SSB game. =D
And I am a Brawl hacker.

Nice to meet everyone!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hi, I'm Lucas, and My favored activity is Maintaining the Prosperity of Youth.
I hope i enjoy it here.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
It's me.... Meta Knight! I'm better known on Bmgf, where I am more recognized. I am a fan of Brawl Texture Hacking, Computers, Dodgeball, and girls! :p I also have something of a "job" on the Brstm request thread.

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
Hi Smashboards!

My name is Tim my gamertag is Bambwwi/Bambz or Glitchy... Can't really decide which one to go with so feel free to tell me which one you think I should go with.

What more to say...

I'm from south of Sweden, I play smash, mainly Melee don't really like Brawl.
I got interested in competetive smash in 2007 when I first saw Ek vs Amsah you know the comeback and PC Chris vs Ken MLG NY.
I learned wavedash but then I forgot about Melee

Until I popped it in my Wii early 2009, and I've played it ever since, only to drop it for a one month session of Brawl.

I have yet to go to a tournament here in Sweden but I'm looking for a good tournament close to me so I can improve and take my game to another level. :)
I main Marth and my secondaries is Fox and Falcon.

Well, I don't expect many to read this since it's so much text but I just wanted to make a short (long) introduction

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Might as well post here regardless of me having an original thread. My name is korobeniki and I have been "competitive" smasher since probably 2005. I created an account after lurking for over a year.

I am one of the better Yoshi's in smash 64. My other main is Falcon and I happen to be quite a good falcon as well.
When I played melee, I was a overall good luigi and a moderate ganondorf who did well when Luigi was in low tier singles but struggled in normal singles due to Marth's.
When I play brawl, I main Luigi as well but I struggle due to NJ MK's and Falco's being too good.

I am known for being a sound and concrete poster and I am one of the most active and competitive player on Smashwiki. I also happen to be a chess player and my rating has gone through the roof within the past year. I know many game datas and many odd facts and I was promoted on smash wiki solely for my information on smash 64 and old melee players and current community members.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Hi SIC, my username is MK26 but I go by Maestro. I'm a professional troll Brawl stage hacker, and though I'm not the best (at anything) I am in the Smash Workshop, SWF's backroom for all things competitive Brawl hacking. That's where the the sexy purple (gRAPE) name comes from. Since Brawl+'s gold codeset came out, I've been working on Project:M, which is essentially making Brawl into Melee and then making Melee better and more balanced. I also play MW2 (hi F8AL :p), so you can hit me up in the MW2 thread or online (my PSN is NestiXXVI, if anyone is interested).

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo! I'm Today! I love playing competitive Smash and making new friends. My goal in life is to help as many people as possible! Hopefully I'll be in college this year, but I may have to take a year off to work first. :( But we shall see! I love art and being around the community!

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Wassup peeps.
I'm Shadow Moth but you can call me Moth (don't listen to Heartz it's definitely Moth).
I don't really play Brawl competitively but I'm always up for some WiFi if you need a few rounds.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
'Sup Smoth? :bee:

EDIT: I suppose I'll introduce myself as well. I'm Lythium, one of your very own members of the Welcoming Committee. I play Smash, as well as a veritable plethora of other fighting games. Welcome to the boards!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hi! I'm Teran, I've been on Smashboards since late '08 and as of now I moderate User Blogs, Brawl Falco, and OTL. I'm relatively well known around here, mainly for being incredibly mean and sarcastic. I'm prone to throwing out sardonic wisecracks and jabs at people for amusement purposes. I'm known for some other things too but we can leave those out for now.

I'm pretty STRICT :mad: when it comes to moderating, but don't worry I don't take it personally if I have to infract you.

Pretty cool story btw, I actually contributed part of the Newbie Manual, aren't I great?

Peace out.

IBWC are all homosexuals.

so im a homosexual now am i

You especially.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Not all of us are homosexuals, Teran. lol

And yes, Teran did help me with the Newbie Handbook. He volunteered so he doesn't get paid.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Other than Teran I don't think anyone in here is homosexual.

Although Teran already left so IDK if he counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom