• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might IX (June 19th) Akron, OH

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT PRESENTS:
TEST YOUR MIGHT IX!

I am hoping for at least 50 people to attend. If you have trouble with transportation, leave me a PM.

I have some extremely sad news for everyone... Cold Fusion LAN center is closing their doors for good on May 30th. The venue was always fantastic and really got a lot of smash players involved in the smash brother's community. They will be sorely missed.

That being said, I would like to continue the Test Your Might Series in another venue. For the time being, I will be using my house for the venue of TYM IX until I can find a suitable venue somewhere in the area. If anyone knows of any venues in the akron/cleveland area, please let me know. IF THE VENUE CHANGES I WILL UPDATE THE THREAD AND LET EVERYONE KNOW.

I will need everyone's help to make this run as smoothly as possible. I really need people to bring TVs and Wiis. TVs especially.

-Venue Waives for setups!

Those bringing their stuff can get a little cash for lending a hand to make the tournament run smoothly

Wii with Brawl (Everything Unlocked obviously): $3

ITT's House
http://www.coldfusionlc.com
2271 6th St. SW
Akron, OH, 44314

Date and Tentative Schedule:

Saturday June 19th

10:00 A.M. Set-up/Friendlies (if you are bringing set ups please arrive around this time)
11:00 A.M. Brawl Doubles and Singles Registration starts
12:00 P.M. Brawl Doubles PROMPTLY at 12:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. 30 minute break
3:30 P.M. Brawl Singles
7:30 P.M. Side Event

(If you are going to be late call me to register, otherwise you're out of luck. PM for my number)

Price:

$3 venue fee
$10 Brawl singles
$20 Brawl teams ($10 per person)

Prizes:

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles Payout
1st: 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

NOTE: STAGE LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Attendance:

Ithrowthings

Total: 1

Brawl Singles Points:

Brawl Singles:
Shugo: 72
Lain: 42
Quivo: 34
AZ: 32
Blue Rogue: 32
King Chaos: 28
BYAA: 25
Mew2King: 24
Vidjo: 24
SFG: 21
JoeS: 20
BYAA: 19
Omniswell: 18
Overswarm: 18
Falco400: 17
ArgentStew: 16
Beegs: 16
1der: 14
Nope: 14
King Beef: 8
Smash64: 8
Bboy: 8
Glov: 8
ITT: 8
King Yoshi: 8
Y.b.M: 7
Bboy: 7
Kel: 6
Bowyer: 6
Noj: 6
Glov: 6
JoeS: 6
L: 6
Tyr: 6
Pyro: 5
Dead: 5
Champ: 4
Jokey: 3
Infern: 2
Sago: 2
JoeS: 2
Wakka: 2
Sliq: 2
Suyon: 2
Kawaii: 1
Avion: 1
PK Fire: 1
Sole: 1
XtacyFalco: 1
Prince Alus: 1
JonS: 1
Andre: 1
POPS: 1

Brawl Doubles Points:

Shugo: 54
AZ: 42
Nope: 42
ITT: 36
King Chaos: 30
Beegs: 28
Mew2King: 24
Noj: 24
Omniswell: 24
Joes: 24
Jokey: 22
ArgentStew: 20
Blue Rogue: 20
Falco400: 20
SFG: 20
Lain: 18
Bowyer: 18
Pyro: 18
Quivo: 18
Wakka: 18
4%: 14
Kawaii: 14
L: 14
Bboy: 12
PKFire: 10
JigglyZelda: 10
Glov: 8
Glov: 6
VidjoGamer: 6
Riddler: 6
Skyson: 6
Y.b.M: 6
Smash64: 6
Camperbob: 4
Gibby: 4
M@V: 4
Colaya: 4
Sole: 4
SmashMcGee: 4
Ugean: 2
King Yoshi: 2
XtacyFalco: 2
Jason: 2
Tim: 2
Framerate: 2
Hollywood: 1
Katalyst: 1

Confirmed Set-Ups:

2 TV's (provided by ITT)
1 Wii provided by ITT

BRAWL: 1

TOTAL SYSTEMS: 1

T.V.s: 2

SETUP DEFICIT: 1 wii.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm going to try and be there, if I do go, I probably won't enter Singles due to my lack of keeping up with the metagame and so forth. I'll likely just stick around with Brawl Minus set up or something idk have people try it out and have a good time. I'll see if SFG can go. Oh yeah, what about food?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm going to try and be there, if I do go, I probably won't enter Singles due to my lack of keeping up with the metagame and so forth. I'll likely just stick around with Brawl Minus set up or something idk have people try it out and have a good time. I'll see if SFG can go. Oh yeah, what about food?
Good point, there's a subway and a root beer stand like 2 minutes away if people want that or we could order pizza.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I would like to show up.

See if i stretched myself at all enough for the time period.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Okay...i really really really really wanna come to this.
A lot.

Edit: post 777. That's lucky! HOPEFULLY LUCK WILL WORK IN GETTING MY PARENTS TO LET ME GO XD

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hey ITT wana see if we could use my place instead? until you find another venue?

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeahuz. Your house is actually like 25 minutes closer to me than the old venue.

I'll do my best to be here. TYMs are always fun. :)

I'll talk to phoenix and see if he wants to come.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ally should team with me because I use Peach/MK (my Peach is definitely better though) and Snake will **** with either one of those characters. Shugo always snatches Jason or someone for teams. Please consider me. <3

SoulPech

Smash Master
Everyone wants Ally for teams. No Homo?

10AllyForTeams

@ITT: Put me down as a maybe for this event. I'll confirm later on. Will most likely bring full setup ^^

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sadfaceee D: Cold Fusion was so epic

Bringing pocky again since everyone seemed to like it last time. And gummies.
Asian candy ftw <3

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Ride(and team? ;p) most probably needed.
+1 for melee I guess. Remind me in the group or something and I'll bring a TV.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Just tell me how much I guess Im running short on cash but I would be able to get a ton
Okays. I know its about...around $1.99 a box for chocolate (2 packs) and $1.49 for strawberry...depending on where i buy em.
(P.S. never buy pocky from F.Y.E....$2.99 is tooo much!!)

Top Bottom