• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion Thread #1[Final Destination]

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Final Destination​

]

Summary
A short summary about how G&W performs on the stage and any particularly useful techniques/tactics on the stage. Also highlight a general strategy for this stage.
Rating
1-10
Character
List any characters that does really well or really bad on this stage, to alert you of which stages to ban or counterpick. An explanation would also be nice.

GoGoGo!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Summary -it's FD, that's really all there is to be said.
Rating - 6/10
Character - This is the stage characters with good stage control will often take you to because you have less options of dealing with their moves. Diddy, Snake, Falco, ICs, Olimar and a few more (basically all the annoying/gay characters everyone hates to fight.) I do think this is really average for us but I think it's a tiny bit above average because of how good our mobility is. The lip sucks but I never get caught in it anymore until I actively try not to get caught in it (funny how that works) Also the lack of platforms helps us manuever without getting caught in annoying landing lag so this is pretty safe for us always as long as we aren't playing anyone gay. Oh yeah and the lip actually aids my stage spiking because after people freak out about being caught under the stage they panic a bit and sometimes try to recover too quickly. Your mileage may vary of course.

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
I despise FD, because of the little lip you can get stuck under. I've lost so many stocks off that, since i'm impatient sometimes lol. I never choose this stage, it has nothing good for gnw and could be really bad against anyone with spammable projectiles like Tink, Falco, and Diddy. Also Ics are supposed to be good on this stage. IMO strike it out, I ban it all the time, just because I see no use for it, but only harm.

4/10

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Summary - Overall I don't think it's too bad for G&W. Unless you're playing a character that's really good on this stage or you have a habit of getting caught under that lip (which I sometimes do) you should have a decent time of it.
Rating - 5
Character - Ice Climbers, Falco, and Diddy you definitely don't want to play on this stage. Also, anyone with decent projectiles that you can't bucket would probably be a bad idea to play against on this stage too.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Summary - Overall I don't think it's too bad for G&W. Unless you're playing a character that's really good on this stage or you have a habit of getting caught under that lip (which I sometimes do) you should have a decent time of it.

Character - Ice Climbers, Falco, and Diddy you definitely don't want to play on this stage. Also, anyone with decent projectiles that you can't bucket would probably be a bad idea to play against on this stage too.
I agree with this guy. I personally think this is a good stage for G&W, especially against characters that kill horizontally (so probably not against Fox either). The horizontal bounds give him much more room to live longer than he should.

Not to mention, this is one of the only stages where you can punish someone stuck in freefall 100% of the time without stupid platforms getting in the way. That's why I like it against MK.

Rating: 7/10
Characters to avoid playing against on this stage: ICs, Fox, Falco, Diddy.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Zac i think we should also try to stay away from playing snake on this stage too.
Mybe its just me though.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I didn't list Snake as a problem character. I feel once you learn how to dodge his grenade then Snake camping you isn't a real problem any more. Maybe we just have this mentality "Oh jeez it's FD against Snake, I'm screwed"

At any rate, I'd ALWAYS ban Halberd first against Snake over FD.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Hum... good stage as long as your oponent dont have long range attacks.
Still, dash attack on a ledge grabber is not that usefull here... :S
I'd say 6/10 as it dosen't really gives adventages.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I personally think this is about 6/10.
The stage isn't as bad as we all used to think, obviously don't go there vs Falco, Diddy, ICs.
Honestly this stage is a good MK CP, especially those MKs that spam nado and such, since you can up-B pretty easily and punish the free fall lag.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hm. I don't think it's terribad for Game and Watch. I think a lot of GnW players don't have enough experience on it or when they have played on it they've played characters like Icies and Diddy and begins to think, "Oh snap. I'm bad on this stage. I need platforms!" They feel more safer with platforms. Which makes sense. I think it has some perks, though. It's a good MK CP. I think all in all Game and Watchers lack experience from Final Destination because they figured they'll never go on it or use it. So they just never really know what to do which is why they do bad. I say about 6/10 for FD. Just learn the stage, honestly! Shouldn't be worse than that.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well i played a few MKs on FD this week and i did pretty good xD.
They'll definitely think twice before using up and B which limits their kill options(not really lmao).
Also you can easily live past 140% here vs MK (if you DI his dmash,fsmash.)

Though i'm still not sure about this being a neutral stage vs snake:l. Out of all the snakes i've faced here,yes you can avoid the nades but they'll just keep throwing it lol...eventually you'll get hit and that's where you'll feel pressured to approach. You can't really take any breathers on this stage(no plats!),you always have to be moving lol.

anyway
Rating
6/10 vs MK
otherwise it's 5/10
3/10 if you're fighting ICs, Fox, Falco, Diddy.Please avoid this lol.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Summary: Good against characters with no projectile/bad projectile. It also isn't a good option for characters with mediocre recoveries, specially because of the lip in the edges. Also, enough room to survive against horizontal KOs. A good stage for characters who like ground and stage control
Rating: 5/10 Pretty mediocre stage for G&W, mostly because it's outclassed by many other stages
Character: Good against: Kirby, Luigi, Meta Knight, Pokémon Trainer, Mario, and maybe Ness, Zelda, Marth, Bowser
Avoid: Samus, Falco, Link, Toon Link, Diddy, Ice Climbers, ROB, and maybe ZSSamus, Fox, Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf, Sonic, Pit, Olimar

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i think people should be more diverse like rajam was with the characters

include other characters besides the high tiers lol.

but yea,ima move on tomorrow,hoping to get a bit more input before i update;(.

Battlefield will be next

NatP

Smash Ace
Alright honestly, I absolutely despise this stage. But I'm just being bias, because I just hate the stage PERIOD. I just feel so... confined on it. It's ALWAYS my first strike, with no exceptions. I also generally ban it vs projectile spammers or IC's.
Well, since I never play on it, I can't really comment on how good it is for g&w... But I think it's that bad a stage for him. I mean, it's somewhat big and vs non projectile users, I guess you have a small advantage.
Anyway, I give it a 5/10 . (-27/10, as a stage overall though. xD)

PractiseCactus

Smash Rookie
its not overly great, the lip is kind of annoying, but i find i have stopped getting caught underneath. its cool when u up-b and stage spike someone. no platforms for landing lag ^_^
Rating - 5/10
Characters - avoid most with spammy projectiles

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Some characters really hate FD, while G&W doesn't care much about which stage he's on for the most part. Against Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Ike for example, they just kinda sit around and get owned by their limitations on this stage lol.

Tetz

Smash Cadet
NNID
tetzyeah
Rating - 5
^agreed
I really dont like FD.
IMO a Stage, which is not that good, there are many better Stages.

I would Give a 5/10, cause no platforms :/

3/10 If you fight against:

Ice Climbers, Diddy, Falco, King DeDeDe (?),ROB, Link, Tink, Pit, Olimar, Lucario, Fox, Wolf,Sonic and Pikachu
Snake, Marth, Yoshi.

(Characters in grey are only my Opinion lol)

Is there any Gaw, who don´t strike FD? =p

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^agreed
I really dont like FD.
IMO a Stage, which is not that good, there are many better Stages.

I would Give a 5/10, cause no platforms :/

3/10 If you fight against:

Ice Climbers, Diddy, Falco, King DeDeDe (?),ROB, Link, Tink, Pit, Olimar, Lucario, Fox, Wolf,Sonic and Pikachu
Snake, Marth, Yoshi.

(Characters in grey are only my Opinion lol)

Is there any Gaw, who don´t strike FD? =p
I dislike YI more

Top Bottom