• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latias is now uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
:mad:

This is totally not thumbs up, this is thumbs down.

Smogon is ruining a third of my team with these suspect tests and bans!!!!!!!!!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
what will happen:

Infernape usage up, as it's hard counter has been removed

scarf Tyranitar down, as it won't need to counter Latias anymore

if Mence gets banned maybe Dragonite will finally be able to shine.

they're just making my real team even more broken with each ban :laugh:

also special defense Skarmory may be less pratical now, if salamence gets banned too. It may go back to more physically defensive set

Player-4

See you in 25 years
lmfao, as soon as I aim you this information you make a topic on it. >.>
lol someone had to tell them :p

Dude, seriously, this is amazing, I'm sick of seeing both Mence and Latias (not as much as Mence) roaming free with Chomp in uber jail. It's a travesty, and they're finally doing something right. Either have Mence, Latias, and Chomp in OU or don't. They shouldn't mix the two.

Smogon is actually doing something right this time around.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
maybe u people should stop using Smogon tiers. Only thing that's right about their **** is wobb being uber as opposed to Nintendo's and Japanese tier lists.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So you're saying all 492 other Pokemon are in the wrong tier?

Elaborate.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
let alone, you don't realize the basis for their tiers is based solely on usage and not the actual effectiveness of the pokemon

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So you're saying all 492 other Pokemon are in the wrong tier?

Elaborate.
lol no. I meant wobb is the only pokemon that should be uber (That Nintendo and the Japanese meta game says it isn't.)

of course arceus, mewtwo, dialga ect are uber.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so you'd want to see mewtwo and darkrai completely eliminating every not-so-OU team you create?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
OH, so you're saying the only think Nintendo's Metagame has INCORRECT is Wob being allowed, and you support say, Chomp in OU?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
OH, so you're saying the only think Nintendo's Metagame has INCORRECT is Wob being allowed, and you support say, Chomp in OU?
You already know my stance on this. And that answer is yes. I'm against Chomp being banned. There are also many other people who feel this way.

This topic is about Latias being removed from Smogon's tier list. Not my opinion on who/who shouldn't be OU. Keep it that way or take this to PM.

And to the people who do play by Smogon's rules and are concerned about their teams being ruined, you really shouldn't. The D/P/PLT/HG/SS era is coming to an end soon, and W/B will be released with a new meta game. So don't feel bad. :)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
meh, redundant thread.

We have what, 3 threads now complaining about latias being gone? (other than this one)

Tier lists are eh, use your favs and you can make them go a lot farther than you'd expect. Unless those favorites are at the top of OU, then you are a craven ******* for using such good pokemon. /sarcasm

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Then again, the ONLY POSSIBLE CHECK in the OU metagame for Chomp, Latias, is gone.

At least Latias' ban killed the Chomp anti-ban IMO. :3

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
I reiterate once again that all I see in the linked thread as well as the voting thread is smogon's general inability to deal with dragons. On that note, I would also be more than happy to see Garchomp back in OU. Too bad it will never happen because, as per usual, smogon can't handle dragons.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
smogon's metagame is based off of what people do on shoddy battle, something that only recently became something smogon owned

Player-4

See you in 25 years

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The thing is nothing could deal with Chomp without dying in the process.
You need to sacrifice something to get your check in, and weaken it.
It then dies.
Then you send in your SECOND thing to kill it.
Then whenever you're using Chomp, if you switch out to something to counter the counter, they need something to counter that or else their counters will be rid of and then Chomp will have a full sweep etc etc etc.

Chomp is about as OU as Rayquaza is.

something like that.
Find me a legitimate, or somewhat large competitive scene that doesn't use the Smogon tiers.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i mean, to go to shoddy, you pretty much are linked through smogon

dont' you think someone would look at their stuff and try it, then proceed to beat a lot people, eventually spreading

i mean, that's what happened here

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
The thing is nothing could deal with Chomp without dying in the process.
You need to sacrifice something to get your check in, and weaken it.
It then dies.
Then you send in your SECOND thing to kill it.
Then whenever you're using Chomp, if you switch out to something to counter the counter, they need something to counter that or else their counters will be rid of and then Chomp will have a full sweep etc etc etc.
You can deal with Chomp quite easily. Chomp has no surprises: it runs max speed, max attack and 4 HP and some physical attacks. Hit it twice with a good neutral stab and it goes down. Giving Chomp turns by trying to "counter" it or always going for ice moves is what makes that Pokemon difficult to fight.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
The differences within the Japanese metagame and shoddy metagame is irrelevant. Ultimately whining about smogon's tier list doesn't really do much, but since it's what a lot of us use, waiting for it to fix itself is about the best we can hope for.

And yes, Smogon can't handle dragons because they don't get that they're DRAGONS and are supposed to be really good. Counters are a luxury, not a necessity.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Until entire teams are based around the effectiveness and countering of that one Pokemon.

You can deal with Chomp quite easily. Chomp has no surprises: it runs max speed, max attack and 4 HP and some physical attacks. Hit it twice with a good neutral stab and it goes down. Giving Chomp turns by trying to "counter" it or always going for ice moves is what makes that Pokemon difficult to fight.
Except unlike EVERY OTHER POWERFUL SWEEPER.....

It's very bulky.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The only things Chomp outspeeds due to the two base speed are Jirachi and Salamence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom