• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crew Battles: Let Challenges Commence!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

PokeCenter Crew Battles

Crew Assembly Rules
- Each crew must consist of 3-5 people. This means at least 3 people, but no more than 5 people.
- Crew grouping must take place in this thread for convenience.
- One member must be the crew "captain." He/she will be responsible for discussing strategies/a general lead of the crew. A captain's selection is final and won't be changed.
- Each crew will need a team name, which can be changed at any time.
- Each crew member will also need their specific timezones listed.
- If there any other exceptions they should be listed in the crew submission sheet.
Crew Submission Sheet
Crew Name:
Captain:
Members:
Record: (This will be blank)
Here's an example:
Crew Name: Choice Crew
Captain: MarioMan [Eastern]
Members: CaptainFailcon [Eastern]
MassInvasion [Pacific]
Clock-Work [Mountain]
Record: 2-1-1

Crew Challenge Rules
- A crew can only challenge another crew that's not already in a challenge.
- All members for both crews must be available for the set time. The set time will be a span of a maximum of 3 days where all matches must be completed in. If there are matches which have not been completed in in said time frame, it counts as a loss for the crew who challenged.
- If two crews have different number of members, one/two from the larger crew will sit out.
- Captains do not necessarily have to play other captains.
Let the two crews battling be Crew A and Crew B. Let the members of each crew be named 1, 2, 3, and 4. Crew A initiated the challenge.

Crew A picks a tier. All battles must be under the restriction of that tier. In this example, the Uber tier will be used.

Crew A and Crew B each independently choose who will be battling first (akin to the double blind method of choosing characters in Smash). Let the two in this example be A2 and B4.

A2 is victorious against B4. All of A2's Pokémon who fainted during the course of the battle are replaced with Shedinjas equipped with the item Sticky Barb. These Shedinjas simulate an empty team slot. If the battle is played on the simulator Pokémon Online, these Shedinja are not necessary. A2 must then battle against the next member of Crew B. Crew B decides to send out B1. The battle between the handicapped A2 and B2's six-member team is finished. Repeated this cycle until one crew has no more Pokémon.

Example:

Round 1
A2 (Mew, Muk, Lapras, Cleffa, Zapdos, Absol) battles B4 (Onix, Golem, Snorunt, Suicune, Unown, Groudon).
A2 wins. Mew, Muk, and Absol fainted.

Round 2
A2 (Lapras, Cleffa, Zapdos) battles B1 (Elekid, Weavile, Latias, Gliscor, Kyogre, Diglett).
B1 wins. Elekid and Diglett fainted.

Round 3
A3 (Ivysaur, Pichu, Sandshrew, Froslass, Dialga, Pineco) battles B1 (Weavile, Latias, Gliscor, Kyogre).
B1 wins. Weavile, Latias, and Gliscor fainted.

Round 4
A1 (Eevee, Houndour, Mewtwo, Latios, Spinda, Luvdisc) battles B1 (Kyogre).
A1 wins. Eevee fainted.

Round 5
A1 (Houndour, Mewtwo, Latios, Spinda, Luvdisc) battles B2 (Arceus, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Palkia).
B2 wins. None of B2's Pokémon fainted.

Round 6
A4 (Kakuna, Silcoon, Metapod, Caterpie, Weedle, Missingno.) battles B2 (Arceus, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Palkia).
B2 wins.

Crew A no longer has any Pokémon unfainted. Crew B wins.

Crew Battle Rules
- Standard rules and clauses apply. (Evasion Clause, Species Clause, etc.)
- Time Battle and Item Clauses are optional.
- Pokemon are banned from their respective tiers. No Kyogre/Latias in OU, etc. No Gallade/Raikou in UU, etc. No Chansey/Registeel in NU, etc. No Scyther/Misdreavus in Little Cup, etc.
- Arceus is banned from any Ubers matches.
- A battle is a battle. Scores and logs don't necessarily need to be reported, just who won.

Thanks for reading these rules. I know they were boring, but it will help everyone out in the long run. Now go out there, assemble your crew, and kick some behind!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
[collapse=CEOLCC]

Crew: Compliment Each Other Like Colors Crew
Captain: Rockem7 [EST]
Members: Riddle [EST]
Writer Kupo [EST]
Gates [EST]
Record: 1-0-0[/collapse]
[collapse=Daring Dandies]Crew Name: Daring Dandies
Captian: The Wrath Of Koarin [EST]
Members: Running Riot [GMT]
Sir Bedevere [EST]
karthik_king [PST]
Record:[/collapse]
[collapse=Something Ridiculous]

Crew Name: Something Ridiculous
Captian: Terywj [EST]
Members: FAILchion [EST]
xLeafybug =D [EST]
Chill [PST]
[collapse=The Three Musketeers]Crew: The Three Musketeers
Captain: Bowser King [EST]
Members: Kirbyraeg [PST]
SilentVerse [MDT]
[collapse=MASA]Crew: The Mad Alliance of Super Acquaintances
Captain: Charmander1065 [EST]
Members: Roacherman [EST]
Majority [EST]
TheAceLucario [EST]
Record:0-1-0[/collapse]
[collapse=Insert 4 Magikarp to Continue]

Crew: Insert 4 Magikarp to Continue
Captain:
Members: UltiMario [EST]
Wave+ [CST]
Player-4 [CST]
supermarth64 [EST]
[collapse=Team MNKG]

Crew: Team MNKG
Captain: KrazyGlue [EST]
Members: Neherazade [EST]
Moozle [CST]

Crew:
Captain:
Members:
Record:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This post will be reserved for logging all challenges, as well as special cases. What are special cases? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. :)

6/13 - CEOLCC challenges MASA in Ubers.
7/3 - Daring Dandies challenges Something Ridiculous in UU.
7/11 - CEOLCC defeats MASA (4-0).
7/12 - Team MNKG challenges Three Musketeers in NU.
7/13 - CEOLCC challenges Insert 4 Magikarp in Ubers.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not really. Setting up the crew is simple. Setting up the battle / time is simple. From there it's just pick two tiers, have one played only once / less, and there.

It needed to be orderly.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
[collapse=banner]
[/collapse]
:mad:Avi Inc. crew
Leader-Charmander1065, eastern, Ubers

Members-
Roacherman
TheAceLucario
Majority,Little Cup
Neherazade

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I think listing specialty tiers is a bad idea. Captains should just pick who will battle in which tier.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So, we recrute people for our crews here?
Yeah. Or if you're wanting to join in, ask for other members to help you out.

And what if we already decided on who our crew is beforehand?
Meh. Well I guess that's fine.

I think listing specialty tiers is a bad idea. Captains should just pick who will battle in which tier.
Ehh, I guess that makes sense. The captain / crew can decide on that themselves during the challenge.

Sorry it's so ugly-looking right now. As I said, I've had no prior experience leading these, so please bear with me.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
smarth, PR, art, and SV should get together in a crew and call it "sucks to be you"
Because they would always win.

ALWAYS.

I would also like to file a request to annoying to crew with me if you're interested.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
One other comment on how the crews would be run...

Rather than individual battling, it should actually be done in a crew-style format, with one tier set for the entire battle in the interest of fairness. Doing individual battles like that really just isn't what crews should be like! Crews are about the hype and excitement of watching exciting gameplay (and cringing when your guy chokes!)

This is an example battle

So the battle is Crew ABCD vs. Crew EFGH. Winners of each are italicized.

A vs. E
B vs. E
B vs. F
B vs. G
B vs. H
C vs. H

The winner of each match will play the next person in the crew. In melee stocks would carry over, but there is no real way to do that in pokemon that would be fair, so you start with a fresh team, and you can't change your team in between rounds.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I'm not sure about one tier set for the entire match, but I guess that could be up to the crews? Idk. I just like the original idea I guess.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The only problem I see with that method is if someone is REALLY good (i.e. supermarth/arti), they can simply beat the entire opposition before anyone else on their team can play, which is not only unfair to his team, since they didn't get a chance to play, but may have also been unfair to the other team, since they could have been made of a team of really solid players while the good player's team is made of newbs+ a really good player, and if the battles were played 1v1, they probably should have won overall.

I guess this is offset by the fact that you can't change teams (so the opposition can make a team to counter the good player's team), but I still don't like the fact that it puts them at a severe disadvantage of having one player knocked out and then having to revenge him back (lol this sounds like Salamence discussion). If it was like Melee and we carried stocks it'd be OK, but as you said kirby, we can't do that here (unless we use Shedinjas with Toxic Orb LOL). I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

---

Anyone want to make a lurkers crew? >.> I think Moozle would qualify lol.

ss118

Smash Master
How about we do it like this:

Crew battles will have the same amount of people on each team. Each team will have only 4 pokemon.

"What, 4 pokemon?!?! How can we do that on shoddy?!!"
-Simple: use shedinja as the first two, both holding sticky barb. This makes the "metagame" more offensive without making stall impossible: then, like smash crew battles, we keep the pokemon that haven't been eliminated on a team, so the next match would be like 2 pokemon versus four pokemon: just like smash crew battles!

I mean, we are a smash community. We should have our pokemon battles like one. xD

This also stops the "****" scenario that someone mentioned: that way a really good person can't just breeze through an entire crew because he always starts with his 6 pokemon, despite losing five of them each match.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
- Each crew must consist of 3-5 people. This means at least 3 people, but no more than 4 people.
This should be changed. :c

And we (as in a specific few members) for sure have a crew set up already, with name and members set. We're just waiting on our banner to magically become transparent.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
smarth, PR, art, and SV should get together in a crew and call it "sucks to be you"
Because they would always win.

ALWAYS.

I would also like to file a request to annoying to crew with me if you're interested.
Huzzah!

Also, I don't like basing overall wins on the number of remaining Pokémon in a match. Remember that one BotW that ended up 4-0 or something, but was actually really close?

ss118

Smash Master
overall wins for crew battles in smash are based off of the amount of stock: it doesn't matter if it was 2 stock with 999% damage, it was 2 stock and the next match he'll have two perfect stock. If a person keeps all four of his pokemon alive at ~3%, but wins with all four, he should start with all four(it's called "strategy" in some games).

Riddle

Smash Lord
Crew: Compliment Each Other Like Colors Crew
Captain: Riddle [Eastern]
Members: Rockem7 [Eastern]
Writer Kupo [Eastern]
Record:

We are not accepting new members.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
overall wins for crew battles in smash are based off of the amount of stock: it doesn't matter if it was 2 stock with 999% damage, it was 2 stock and the next match he'll have two perfect stock. If a person keeps all four of his pokemon alive at ~3%, but wins with all four, he should start with all four(it's called "strategy" in some games).
Sure, you could do this. You could also ban Scizor. You could also say Garchomp is OU. You could also say the winner is the one with the fewest Pokémon with status. You could say the winner is the one who attacked the least.

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
I would like to play for this. Will anyone accept me into their group?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Each crew must consist of 3-5 people. This means at least 3 people, but no more than 4 people.
What?

I'd really like to do this but idk if anyone will let me on their crew since I've pissed off pretty much everyone in the PC at some point lol so whatever.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
What?

I'd really like to do this but idk if anyone will let me on their crew since I've pissed off pretty much everyone in the PC at some point lol so whatever.
You haven't pissed me off at any time I believe, but I've probably pissed off quite a few over my time here as well. So...I can't say anything.

And my crew isn't accepting. :\

Top Bottom