• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Island presents: Haters Gonna Hate!, Port Washington, NY 6/13/10

Which day would you prefer for a summer tournament?

• Total voters

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Check out our AiB thread also!! http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9809

Hey guys, so I know it's been a while since I have regularly hosted stuff in Long Island, but I have recently come into contact with an old friend who has a new venue that just opened up in Nassau County. He just let me know that they are interested in hosting smash tournaments!!

What do you think? Shall we bring back a consistent venue to LI? With a cheap $5 venue fee?

Setups:

Will - 1 Wii, 2 TV, 1 Brawl/Melee w/memory card
Kirin- 1 Wii, 1 TV, 1 Brawl
PD - 1 Wii, 1 TV, 1 Brawl
Smashjin- 1 Wii, 3 TV, 1 Brawl, 1 Gamecube, 1 Melee w/memory card
MechWarriorNY- 1 Wii, 1 Brawl, 1 Gamecube
Drift108- 1 Wii, 1 Brawl, livestream equipment!!
Demonic Toon Link- 1 Wii, 1 Brawl
Venue - 2 Wii, 2 TV, 2 Brawl

Also, please bring surge protectors/power strips if you can!!! It would be extremely helpful, thanks!

Events:

Melee Doubles 12:30pm-1:30pm, Entry: $10 per teammate
Melee Singles 1:30pm-3:00pm, Entry: $10
Brawl Doubles 3:00pm-5:00pm, Entry: $10 per teammate
Brawl Singles 5:00pm- to be finished asap so as to allow for as many friendlies as we can ^_^, Entry: $10

The venue will be closing by 12:00am midnight, so be sure to have your rides and transportation plans set for that!!

Here is the address of the venue:

TDS Computers and Electronics
933 Port Washington Blvd.
Port Washington, NY 11050

Phone: 516-944-5193

- $5 venue fee
- Convenient location
- Candy bars for sale ($1 each)
- Drinks for sale ($0.75 a can)
- Pizza for sale ($2 for reg. slices and $2.50 for pepperoni slices)

Also, and this is very important- we want to know which day you guys would prefer during the summer: Saturday or Sunday? I figured we should ask first since I know Sundays will be more do-able during the summer although Saturdays are generally preferred. In addition, depending on the turnouts of these, the owner is willing to run the events monthly, or even twice a month! So show some hype!!! ^_^

The poll will determine the general day on which these events will be held, but our initial goal is to start hosting on Sunday, June 13** if only for you guys to get a feel for the venue and show you that it's legit. =)

Note: Big out of state tournaments are usually held on Saturdays, so I think it would be a cool idea if we could do Sundays at this venue =) But it's up to you guys.

/bias

Public Transportation

If you are coming from Manhattan, you can take the train from Penn Station (the Port Washington line) straight to Port Washington- it's the last stop.

Here is the link for the train times on 6/13/10:
http://lirr42.mta.info/sfweb/faces/departSchedules.jspx

Also, if you click "Fares" it will determine the cost from wherever you are coming from. If you are coming from Penn Station, it should be $6.75 each way, so thats $13.50 round trip. Not bad =P

Ruleset:

Brawl Rules:

* 3 stock
* 8 minute time limit
* Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
* Double Elimination
* IDC is banned
* 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
* Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

* Team attack ON
* Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

* Standing infinite chain grabs are banned including King Dedede's standing/small step CGs, Marth's standing CGs on Ness/Lucas, DK's cargo release infinite CG on Ness/Lucas, excluding the Ice Climber's standing CGs.
* Excessive "stall" tactics are banned. (IC's infinite chain grabs over 300%, scrooging, etc.)
* Controller Mods are banned Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have SAME STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

Melee Rules:

Neutrals 1v1:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me concerning the tournament, my AIM is smartguy41112 and my cell number is 631-807-7668.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Good ****. 5 dollar venue fee.... which is rare in these days is great. Will you already know i been training and once i get a job... i'm in there for sure. good stuff on this venue.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'll be here regardless, modulating the days to avoid other tournies is probably the best bet, imo.

Long *** ride, though.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Hmm 38 mins for me, not bad. ;o I wanna start attending more in the summer (As early as June) so this I'ma try to get to as well.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
good stuff on the new venue. i usually travel for the big saturday events and sunday i usually work. but i'd definitely stop by on sunday if they're still open.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Was really hoping it was gonna be central Long Island or something closer then GT :(

M15t3R E

Smash Master
OH EM GEE!!!!
This is the 516 area? THAT IS WHERE I LIVE!

I've been trying to find good venue spots in my area for a few months. Only came up with the Gametable in Mineola, and perhaps one large one on Main St, Port Washington I can tell you about in secret ;)

And for those complaining about the far drive who actually live out on the island... isn't it better than driving all the way west to the city???

*Rides hype train*

Sunday sounds coooooo
Hehe, love the avi. Hayley Williams is hot. :p

Rhan Cole

Smash Rookie
I might wanna go to this, but do I have to qualify for anything first, or is this for everyone?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I had to make a judgment call- seeing as June 20 is Father's Day, for the sake of attendance I have amended the date of our first event. It will now take place on June 13, and you can expect a real tournament thread to be posted very soon!

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
June 13th? Are they still being held on the 20th still, or no?
Well, the 20th is Father's Day, so I figured that wouldn't be a good idea lol. We're changing it to the 13th for that reason. It's looking like our tournaments will be held on Saturdays in general over the summer, and will either be once or twice a month depending on the size of the turnouts.

So everybody come, invite your friends too!! I am going to try and let as many people know as possible before our first event, though I am anticipating a bit smaller of a turnout since it will be the weekend right after MLG, and the day right after a big NJ regional.

Zucco

Smash Master
Sunday tournaments would be better for me after I graduate, but who knows.

Top Bottom