• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wario slayer

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
When Wario is around 40% damage:

Grab->grab release->Footstool->drop down->Dair (So wario pops upward)->regrab->pummel once->grab release->footstool->drop down->Dair (So wario pops upward)->regrab->pummel once again->grab release->drop down->Dair (So wario pops upward)->Sweetspot knee.

This'll bring wario from around 40% damage to around 105% damage. (And it's inescapable.)
Then just one grab release->Knee (approx.) will net you the stock.

A few important facts:

- Don't jab->grab after the Dair, just grab. As jabbing will only net him a chance to DI away.
- The two pummels in this combo are optional. It may even be better to leave them out, due to the fact wario may not pop up too high for you to regrab him. (But the two pummels dont mess up the combo, but one more pummel might do just that. Just so you get the idea.)
- When Wario has less damage than approx. 40%, Wario wont pop up (high enough) after you Dair him, making him stand on the ground stunned. But, as you endure the Dair's landing lag, said stunned time can not be taken advantage of. (So you can only start this combo when wario is around 40% damage.)
- When Wario is around 60% damage, you also do this combo, but you'll have to leave out the first grab->grab release->footstool->drop down->Dair (so wario pops upward)->regrab.
- This combo is called the wario slayer for the lolz. The matchup is, offcourse, still clearly in wario's advantage.

I think you get the idea.

I'm not able to record a vid of this right now, but I think this'll suffice.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Looks interesting, are you sure footstool is guaranteed out of a grab release?

I'll check it out tonight and I can record if you can send me replay(s).

Zeallyx

Looks interesting, are you sure footstool is guaranteed out of a grab release?

I'll check it out tonight and I can record if you can send me replay(s).
Yes I'm positive. As it cannot be that jumping towards wario->footstool has even close to more frames than the guaranteed grab release->sweetspot knee.

And I'll make a replay now, so I can send it to you. =)

We'll exchange our wii information via vm's, alright?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yes I'm positive. As it cannot be that jumping towards wario->footstool has even close to more frames than the guaranteed grab release->sweetspot knee.

And I'll make a replay now, so I can send it to you. =)

We'll exchange our wii information via vm's, alright?
Yes, I gotta do all that when I get home though. We gotta add each other's Wii codes and Brawl FCs

PZ

Smash Lord
Sounds awesome. Why did Sakurai make foostools broken? Maybe one day he was like " OMG mario ***** all his enemies with a simple jump on the head I kneed to put this on my next game."

Zeallyx

Yes, I gotta do all that when I get home though. We gotta add each other's Wii codes and Brawl FCs
Indeed.

I made the replay, so just VM me when you are home, and we'll add eachothers codes, and I'll send the replay to you. =)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Hey 2Knee, can it be combined with the old GR to Dair to regrab we have on wario at 0-40% ?

Making it a 0-105% CG ?

And can't Wario just tech the Dair ? I have to test it :O

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Looks neat, but like telouborg said, is it techable?
If not, sweet usage, and i'll practice up on this thing nao! ^_- b

Zeallyx

Hey 2Knee, can it be combined with the old GR to Dair to regrab we have on wario at 0-40% ?

Making it a 0-105% CG ?

And can't Wario just tech the Dair ? I have to test it :O
Looks neat, but like telouborg said, is it techable?
If not, sweet usage, and i'll practice up on this thing nao! ^_- b
One could combine the two, yes.

And no, he can't tech, as one cant tech a footstool, and he gets daired when he's already on the ground like P-3 said.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Oh I see now. So the hitstun of Dair is too big for Wario to do anything before we regrab him ?
Eeexcellent.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ooooh, he's footstooled before the Dair, that helps my confusion :p
Now what about that Grab Release > Dair > Regrab teluo mentioned?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I just asked what it was >_>
I just needed better explanation, but thanks, the vid helps.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The Wario can also airdodge after the dair, at least a lvl9 CPU can. If you can grab fast enough the Wario's DI might not matter... but idk lol.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I would assume he could either DI, air dodge or neutral air after the dair. I don't think dair has THAT much hitstun especially at high percents! Especially on wario!

Zeallyx

I would assume he could either DI, air dodge or neutral air after the dair. I don't think dair has THAT much hitstun especially at high percents! Especially on wario!
Dair->sweetspot Fair is a legit combo falcon has at higher percents.

And at lower percentages, Dair->jab, Dair->Uair and Dair->grab are legit combo's, too.

And it doesnt really take THAT much hitstun/frames for wario to get grabbed after the Dair.

So you assumed incorrect.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
So, we could do this and follow up with an fresh knee after our final grab. Very nice find, I seen the video posted about the Dair -> Jab, but if this works without the jab and it's 100% guaranteed, that's amazing.

Player-3

Smash Hero
even with the landing lag knee?

and @ everyone saying he can AD out, dair doesn't send them high at 40% and from then on it will be very decayed (esp. if you don't pummel)

AC dair to grab is definently legit... i dunno about non-ac

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
this is a good tech to know. i was testing with wario grab pummel air realease move foawer a little to grab pumment and is supposedly a combo in the training room. But i havent got the chance to test it with a player. But if this works you can infinite wario and get him to the edge for the knee or dair. It needs more testing. I'll test it with a player prob. today

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
A flubbed knee wouldn't auto cancel, so it's unlikely that they won't be able to react. So I doubt it. Although, that has me wondering if it can promote a force getup if you do it as they're bouncing on the ground.

That being said, would it be possible to follow up on Wario with the Goodness Combo? For anyone who doesn't know what that is, just think of it as the basis for the ROB infinite that 2Knee discovered.

Footstool -> Weak Bair -> Force Getup -> Regrab -> Repeat.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
A flubbed knee wouldn't auto cancel, so it's unlikely that they won't be able to react. So I doubt it. Although, that has me wondering if it can promote a force getup if you do it as they're bouncing on the ground.

That being said, would it be possible to follow up on Wario with the Goodness Combo? For anyone who doesn't know what that is, just think of it as the basis for the ROB infinite that 2Knee discovered.

I figured as much.

Some characters have weird bouncing animations though. I wouldn't be surprised if Wario was subjected to it. lolol.

Zeallyx

even with the landing lag knee?

and @ everyone saying he can AD out, dair doesn't send them high at 40% and from then on it will be very decayed (esp. if you don't pummel)

AC dair to grab is definently legit... i dunno about non-ac
Yes, its legit even with the landing lag. Partially due to Falcon's Dair's ending lag having IASA frames.

And though a good idea, thats impossible unfortunately.

As Falcon's Bair (Along with his Uair, Fair and Ftilt) only force standups to a certain percentage.

A percentage lower than wario'll be on after the wario slayer.

BUT:

One can simply grab release->footstool->Bair lock->force standup->falcon punch wario, when he is below the max percentage for the bair to force a standup.

And one could also (in the 'theme' of the goodness combo) grab->grab release->footstool->Bair lock->force standup->regrab->repeat.

As wario is able to DI enough for the FHNair->footstool NOT to work, the above is a legit substitute for the goodness combo on wario. Wario slayer V2.0 =P

(For those at a loss right now, here is a vid of the goodness combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqEduIbMebE&feature=related )

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Awesome work Lordy, now i see how it functions :p
I was doin it wrong.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Don't worry, I'll update the MU Thread with it right now.

I see what you mean by the footstool -> Dair now. That's a really nice discovery.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Just got done testing and Idk, this looks really iffy.. If falcon plans to stand still the WHOLE time, then i dont think this wont work. but wario can DI the Dair. Maybe wario can SDI the Dair upward and be out of falcon's grab range. Seems logical. Wario does have mobility so the falcon should be ready to follow and react to where wario chooses to go after the dair.

Nice find though. If its done in a tourney set i will be really impressed.

Zeallyx

Just got done testing and Idk, this looks really iffy.. If falcon plans to stand still the WHOLE time, then i dont think this wont work. but wario can DI the Dair. Maybe wario can SDI the Dair upward and be out of falcon's grab range. Seems logical. Wario does have mobility so the falcon should be ready to follow and react to where wario chooses to go after the dair.

Nice find though. If its done in a tourney set i will be really impressed.
I am aware of wario's mobility, but it still seemed not to be possible for wario to (S)DI out of falcon's grab range, because the Dair sends wario upwards, and the (S)DI sends wario to the side (as that's the most logical way to DI for wario to have a chance of escaping), and because the (S)DI is a reaction to the Dair's trajectory, wario will fly diagonally upwards, which will most likely still result in a grab on falcon's part.

And, again, about the variation on the goodness combo on wario I posted in this thread earlier, that's a legit way to set up for this combo. =)

Which will make it:
Variation on the goodness combo (wario specific)->the wario slayer = 0 death.

Now we hope the 'iffy-ness', dynomite mentioned, of the wario slayer is overshadowed by facts in its advantage. (Nothing against dynomite, offcourse, thanks for contributing.)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I personally dont believe that this is possible. pessimistic i know, but unless someone does it to me in a serious match or something i wont believe it. Wario not being able to get out of a grab release or lock combo, i accept but i do not accept the thought of wario not being able get out of a combo such as a move with so much landing lag or sends you up this high (in this case dair) to grab just doesnt fit right with me.

Main thing stopping me from believing this will work: Dair might not stun wario long enough for the regrab and the thought of SDI the dair.

Thought: is there a way falcon can lock wario with grab release> footstool? maybe Release> footstool> fastfall nair/sours spot fair> Grab?

Top Bottom