• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion Thread #2[BattleField]

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
BattleField​

Summary
A short summary about how G&W performs on the stage and any particularly useful techniques/tactics on the stage. Also highlight a general strategy for this stage.
Rating
1-10
Character
List any characters that does really well or really bad on this stage, to alert you of which stages to ban or counterpick. An explanation would also be nice.

GoGoGo!

kaak

Smash Journeyman
verry good stage against most of the cast

i personaly dont like this stage against: snake (need more space/bigger stage) peach same as snake and marth beacuse space and tippers when you up a platform

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Excellent stage against Snake. The platform at the top lets you camp he more easily than any other stage (outside of Pirate Ship or Rainbow Cruise).

Summary
This is a classic for G&W. One of his best stages and arguably his best Starter. Not sure what else to say about it. <3 platforms

Rating

Character
I dont like playing Olimar on this stage. Other characters are fine.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs tall characters (ROB as I recall is the shortest character you can do this to)

Sit on the platforms and D-tilt. Will hit them as they are standing on ground level.

Furthermore use this to edgeguard.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I'd say about 8/10!

I like take most characters here! Personally I don't like taking Olimar, Snake, and Marth here.
I really like the platforms. It makes me feel safe. Great against bigger characters because of dair, dtilt, and dsmash. Love taking Diddy here as a neutral to escape bananas better with upb. Nair a lot when they're on top of the platforms. Keep them up using uair. Really love this neutral! Only issue is other characters can take advantage of the platforms. But it's a good GnW starter. Try and go here!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Welp, Olimar is iffy here because of his uair. It's so good and it renders dair useless. It's harder to approach him, too. If we're on the platform he'll uair and with reds and yellows that's about a quick 40% right off the bat.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I agree with Day. It's awesome but depending on who you're fighting it can be less awesome. Everything worth saying has probably already been said (And I just got back from the gym my arms feel like jello)

8/10

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
This is probobly one of our best stages. But I feel like its not that great against snake the minute you get above him.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
verry good stage against most of the cast

i personaly dont like this stage against: snake (need more space/bigger stage) peach same as snake and marth beacuse space and tippers when you up a platform
Agreed, classic starter.

PractiseCactus

Smash Rookie
the only thing i dont like is fair off a non-SH jump and getting punished for massive landing lag. And, agreed, getting tipped by marth. I do like the platforms though. good for combos.
rating - 8/10
characters - i dont mind any1 on this stage.

Tetz

Smash Cadet
NNID
tetzyeah
I like to take Big Charakters like King Dedede or ROB on this Stage.
BF is our best Starter IMO.
But yeah, I wont bring Marth and Olimar there.
BF is love with GaW so I would say:
9/10

Nyr

Smash Cadet
Battlefield is the place to be. This is absolutely my favorite starter, for a few simple reasons.

First of all, the platforms are your biggest friend. Is someone on a platform? Why not SH a Nair and hit them and proceed to combo a bit around? Someone is on the ground floor and is trying to approach, while you are on the platform? DTilt. It's funny how many people forget how awesome Dtilt's range is, completely blocking any attempt to approach. And I'm not done yet. The platforms also offer a great way to get around those campy characters, which you so despise. Furthermore, the stage is quite small, which is not a problem for G&W, who excels in the air. The same might not be able to be said about your opponent. Got a ground happy opponent against you? Go for battlefield!

Secondly, the ceiling is quite low, if I recall correctly. This makes Usmash even more deadly, so go for those reads, and upsmash out of dthrow (or out of shield, for that matter). Now, this might be a plus mostly, but this also brings some negative aspects with it.

Which brings me to my next point. You might want to pick this stage against every character, but as has been said before: Snake, Olimar, Marth and maybe even Fox and Pikachu might be dangerous on this stage, because of the low ceiling and their godly ceilingkilling moves or other stuff (utilt, upsmash, uairs, tippers). This doesn't exactly mean that you shouldn't pick battlefield against these, but be careful for those moves, because they won't hesitate to use it. For the rest of the cast, this stage is probably your best bet.

By the way, I only avoid this stage against Olimar. I think it's fairly manageable against the rest of the characters, but it's just personal preference.

9/10. I love it, and it's a must for every G&W player.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
woops wrong thread, meant to post in a different one >.>

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Depending on what stage list you use it's either a 7/10 (MLG stage list) or a 9/10 (conservative list).

I'll always try to get it as a neutral if I can't get halberd/delfino or even PS1 (I really like that stage). Nair is a beast here, and so are uair traps on the platforms. What I don't like about the stage is the lack of vertical approach options. The platforms helps us control everything above us, but most characters can do the same to us, so be prepared to be subject to **** when in the air. This is why I guess some people are saying they don't like vsing olimar here, which is a legitimate reason, but my question to you is where else would you want to vs him? Lylat? That's even worse. Yoshi's? That stage is pretty ****ing **** for olimar and pretty bad for us, so no thanks. FD is bad, but maybe SV is alright. I'd say for a starter against olimar go BF, despite the flaws behind it, because lets face it, GaW gets owned by starters anyways.

Don't take marth here I'd say, only because I think FD or SV are better choices for that match-up, same with MK. Everyone else BF is probably your best choice for most tournaments.

Top Bottom