• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus: Tutorials/visual cues/in-game applications.

M@v

Subarashii!
BDACUS​

What is BDACUS?

Bdacus stands for
Buffered
Dash
Attack
Cancelled
Up
Ssmash

Essentially, your doing a sliding upsmash by using the upsmash to cancel a dash attack(which a regular DACUS does), but the twist is your buffering it out of the endlag of a previous move. This results in the bdacus going much farther than the normal dacus, about half the length of fd.

Here is a tutorial video by BlueB, probably one of the only Falcos who has completely mastered the technique so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDLKBJyQzk

VISUAL AIDS
I've learned some visual cues to help me know when to input the bdacus.

As a reminder, to initiate a bdacus:

flick the control stick left or right(pending which way your planning to bdacus)

press up on the cstick twice, immediately after your flick the control stick(basically as its falling back to neutral/on neutral)

This is what we have so far:
(Feel free to help add to this list.)

Dtilt: Right after falco's tail begins to grow small again.

Spotdodge: slightly after inputting the spot dodge

upsmash: As soon as falco's left foot is completely past his other foot.

Downthrow: About when falco shoots his last laser of the throw.

Reflector: as the reflector makes the pinging noise once falco regrabs it.

uptilt: As falco turns back around after stopping the motion of his arms.

standing laser: As falco lowers his gun to his holster after raising it vertically.

SHDL: Immediately after you push the b button the second time.(assuming you SHDL'd correctly)

Roll(forward and backward):When Falco's feet touch the ground.

Nair: As soon as the smoke appears from Falco's landing.

ledge get up below 100%: as soon as feet touch the ground

ledge attack below 100%: once feet go straight up after doing attack

ledge attack above 100%: as soon as attack comes out (bdacus can connect if ledge attack hits)

I recommend starting your practice with the spotdodge. I can do it out of a spotdodge almost 100% consistent now, and I believe its extra easy to me because there is no time inbetween, so you don't have to guess around when to input the bdacus. Simply spotdodge and input the bdacus afterwards.

In-game Applications

Add your theories about bdacus applications here. Post them in the thread, and I will add them to the OP.

"Not all of these bdacus starters are viable for a real match. for example, uptilt really wont do you much good, as you would of already hit them in the air, or just uptilting in the open, leaving you exposed. If anything, do a spotdodge->bdacus in that kind of situation since it's quick.
I also believe spotdodge-bdacus would work extra well against camping characters, since the opponent will think your spot dodging because your expecting a projectile."

-M@v

"I've found Bdacus useful out of an empty ledge get up."
-Swordsaint

"From the FBroom:
Dthrow to DACUS
Roll away during tornado and BDACUS after to punish
Get-up attack to bdacus
Ftilt to bdacus
Nair to bdacus
Bair punch to bdacus
Dair weakspot to bdacus
Shine to bdacus (techchase?)
f throw to bdacus should work
shdl to bdacus
laser lock to bdacus
grab release to bdacus"

-Xonar

To extend xonars list...
IAP to Bdacus
Usmash to BDacus
Fsmash to BDacus
Dsmash to BDacus
Airdodge to BDacus
Dtilt to BDacus
Jab combo to BDacus
Bair weakhit to BDacus

So now we have pretty much everything we can do a BDacus out of.
And imo the most useful In-Game applications are out of down-throw and sh(d)l.

BlueB

Special thanks to BlueB for the tutorial video and other bdacus vids!!!

swordsaint

Smash Master
cstick doesnt need to be set to attack - it can stay as a smash attack (unless setting it to attack makes it easier?)

btw good thread - I think this should become the official Bdacus thread and be updated with uses and whatnot. if it becomes official you could fix it up a bit more (not that it's not pretty already <3)

also his names BluB

M@v

Subarashii!
You talking to a man that made 3 stickied threads in the fox boards. :p I will make it look awesome, then I'm going to toil endlessly until I've master the bdacus out of shdl since its one of the more useful ones.

And I just assumed that cstick wouldn't dash attack unless it was set to attack?(i've never changed it)

swordsaint

Smash Master
attack or smash, it doesnt matter

for you see, when buffered with a dash it turns to dash attack + second c-up making the cancel

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
I talked about the upsmash visual cue as while the moving foot is passing the standing foot, as it's the one I've been practicing the most.

As for forward smash, I've had a lot of sound cue help to hold it consistently. The sound of falco doing the fsmash, the bdacus input, and the sound of the bdacus up smash are somewhat rhythmical.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
My visual cue for his forward and back roll is right when his feet land on the ground.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I Don't think your description for spotdodge is correct, it needs to start in the later frames, doing it right after input is too early I think

The SHDL itself has to be timed correctly to do the BDACUS, the 2nd laser has to be very close to the ground almost being a silent laser

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Rain- Japanese Falco player has been doing this for a long time. I guess the Japanese really are better @ this game...:O

swordsaint

Smash Master
I say we have a zero toleration on posts as useless as gladiels - we've known about the bdacus for a long time. he's just now making a thread to help out other players.

on topic: I've found Bdacus useful out of an empty ledge get up.

M@v

Subarashii!
Adding your cue larry, as well as your tip sword. I figured out the cue for upsmash. Its once his left foot completely passes his right foot when he's landing.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think you should change the spot dodge to "slightly after inputting the spot dodge input"

because i agree that it's definitely not immediately, but it is pretty soon after.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
From the FBroom:
Dthrow to DACUS
Roll away during tornado and BDACUS after to punish
Get-up attack to bdacus
Ftilt to bdacus
Nair to bdacus
Bair punch to bdacus
Dair weakspot to bdacus
Shine to bdacus (techchase?)
f throw to bdacus should work
shdl to bdacus
laser lock to bdacus
grab release to bdacus

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
To extend xonars list...
IAP to Bdacus
Usmash to BDacus
Fsmash to BDacus
Dsmash to BDacus
Airdodge to BDacus
Dtilt to BDacus
Jab combo to BDacus
Bair weakhit to BDacus

So now we have pretty much everything we can do a BDacus out of.
And imo the most useful In-Game applications are out of down-throw and sh(d)l.

M@v

Subarashii!
@ Ozz.

Nair: As soon as you see the smoke clouds appear from falco landing.

Oh yeah, after bdacusing so much I kinda have the feel for how long 10 frames is now. But like I said, it seems like its when the smoke appears.

Dthrow bdacus isnt too difficult to do, but shdl might be one of the hardest, I still havent gotten it X_X.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
cool thread. can you use the same thing for dash grabs or something?

M@v

Subarashii!
ugh. My cstick probably hates me now for smacking it so much.

Also, for some reason I can't do the bdacus out of dthrow now for some reason. I'm getting annoying, especially since thats the bdacus ill probably use if i use it at columbus.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I noticed someone (Xonar I think cbf looking back) mentioned the FBR. Is there anything useful in the Falco backroom that isn't in the public boards?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah, we hold all the information to the newest metagame, including reasons why Falco beats Pikachu, IC, Marth and MK at least 60/40, but it's still in the test phase.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, we hold all the information to the newest metagame, including reasons why Falco beats Pikachu, IC, Marth and MK at least 60/40, but it's still in the test phase.
you forgot beating kirby 70/30

Im in ur backroom hacking ur info.

oh and don't forget: You can trip during a bdacus -__-

Brawl has reminded me of this about 50 times now.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
anyone tried doing it after the 3rd hit of jab? it rather difficult, but if you catch the opponent di-ing away, i think it combos. at least it seems to.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I two things to say right

firstly, it was just toying around against a cpu, but bdacus after full hop lasers (for instance when you do this when they're in the air and shoot a lot, sometimes when they're offstage too)

lasers or dthrow are the easiest bdacus for me

also

AUDIO AID

Dthrow, asap after/during hearing the last laser

VISUAL AID

Empty ledge get up - about when falco's feet touch the ground

im getting the bdacus a fair whack now and im starting to wonder why i had so much trouble with it

MulticolorShyGuy

Smash Cadet
Messed around with bdacus for the first time tonight for about 20 mins. The easiest actions to learn it out of were spotdodge then uptilt for some reason, and then I worked on downthrow some. I never got it out of double laser yet, but its only 20 mins of it heh. This thread has helped me a lot, and made it a lot easier to visualize and put the finger motions into play. I'll be putting it into an actual game tomorrow or Wednesday

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
ledge get up below 100% as soon as feet touch the ground
ledge attack below 100% once feet go straight up after doing attack
ledge attack above 100% as soon as attack comes out (bdacus can connect if ledge attack hits)

swordsaint

Smash Master
I am getting so pissed off trying to the bdacus and failing... I've put in more effort trying this than some of you, but getting NOWHERE with it.

EDIT - Ok, I think I've got it down 70-80% now. I figured out my problem. I was mashing c-stick...way, way, way, way too fast. I figured this out because my blind rage turn to disappointed which made we less enthusiastic about learning it which made my inputs go slower which in turn made me learn the bdacus.

As it turns out, my buffer time was pretty much accurate, but I whacked my stick too fast. ;)
^ cool story huh xP

also, another visual tip for dthrow would be about when falcos feet touch the ground or ever so slightly before it.

Garnet

Smash Rookie
I'd like the first person who's cstick breaks while doing bdacus to post on here. He should get a gold star for persistance.

Also, that Falco picture looks like a girl, C4.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I'd like the first person who's cstick breaks while doing bdacus to post on here. He should get a gold star for persistance.

Also, that Falco picture looks like a girl, C4.
Yeah, i saw your mom one day and I was like. **** shes's ugly. So i drew her. ;)

I kid, i kid

ok

Foward throw to B-Dacus
shff to B-Dacus ( I assure you, it works )
F-tilt to B-Dacus is good in a pinch
up-air to bDacus is useless
Full jump Foward air to laser to Bdacus ( it's a cute little something that can be done )
Backward short hop to pivot laser to B-dacus is fun but not practical
Last but not least, sh down-B then Bdacus ( If your opponent doesn't like approaching Down-B this is very useful)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You should add that you can't bdacus out of a jab nor bdacus backwards.

The first is because you can't buffer a "A" move out of a jab,
and the second is because you can't buffer a backward dash attack (at least everything I tried has failed).

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Truth, when you hit somebody the hit lag allows you todo it, but you have to be fast.

Also, taunt into B-dacus is the best move by far you can ever do in a match.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ok just tested it and I stand corrected.

It's possible to bdacus during the ending lag of the infinite jab.
So you can bdacus out of jab 3 but it's impossible out of jab 1 or 2, for they have no ending lag.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Is it possible tommy? I was trying it a day or two ago but couldn't get it. I assumed that since shield drop is 7 frames it was impossible?

Top Bottom