• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help my brother and me win a $250K Pepsi Refresh Everything grant!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Greetings everyone,

My name is Sheridan Zalewski, aka HyugaRicdeau. I was, with DBR, one of the main organizers for the hugely successful and largest Smash tournament of all time, Genesis.

I'd like to ask you all to please take the time to vote once a day every day this month to help us win a $250,000 Pepsi Refresh Everything grant for the Novato Garden Project, a registered non-profit organization whose goal is to build a 75-acre public garden and memorial to my amazing mother, by voting at the website below. You only have to register once, and you can vote once a day every day in June. It takes less than a minute each day, so I hope you will give us 30 votes! If possible, please tell your friends and family about this project and have them vote every day too! More specific details about the project follow in the paragraphs below the link. If you have any questions, you can ask me and I'll update this post,

Vote here:
www.RefreshEverything.com/NGP

What is the contest?
- This isn't just one of those contests where you put your name in a drawing for an infinitesimal chance for money, this is a legit contest where pre-screened legit non-profit organizations can win $250K. We are running in a field of about 300, and 2 are selected for the prize. We're confident that this is a worthwhile project and that we can win if we have enough help from our friends. For more info you can visit the home site of the link above.

What is the goal of the project?
- To transform 75-acres of the former Hamilton Air Force Base land, currently in a state of disrepair, into a public garden and park, and memorial for my mother, Susan G. Sheridan, who died of cancer in 2007 at the age of 51.
What will the site include?
- The park will include facilities for several activities:
Recreational: Tennis courts, basketball courts, and playgrounds.
Public use: Spaces for large events like weddings, company picnics, and so on.
Art display: Concrete bunker doors will be transformed into mural space for local artists.
Botanical gardens: Conservatory, educational gardens, and main gardens using native flora.
The gardens will also help to restore/preserve the nearby wetlands.
All this will aid tourism of Marin and the SF Bay Area in general and, as a non-profit, all the benefit goes directly to the community.
How will the money be used?
- You can find a breakdown of how the money will be used in the Pepsi Refresh Everything link above.

Further details can be found here:
http://www.novatogardenproject.org/home

Why your mother?
- The longer I live, the more I've come to realize how truly lucky I am to have had the family that I do. Some of you know me personally and (I hope) respect me. Most of the values I have today I got from my mother, but not just because she told me so, but because she always took the time to show me why, and led by example. She believed that the biggest key to achieving your goals was simply truly having an unwavering desire to succeed and to visualize success. By putting this into practice she became one of the most successful female marketing executives in the software industry as well as a renowned motivational business speaker. Aside from being a the garden will serve a reminder of how her attitudes and values brought her success and can do the same for anyone else. I was one of the main organizers for a nearly 600-man tournament, as well as dozens of regional and local tournaments, and I am working on a Ph.D in Physics, but I owe much of my success to her guidance, and I want others to be able to succeed by applying the same values.

If you have any questions, you can ask me and I'll update this post. Thanks in advance for all of your help, and remember to tell your friends and family and please vote every day!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
In tried to apply but it said I had to be from the District of Columbia or one of the 50 United States.

Is there a way to cheat this?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Facebook david.

edit : wow some of those ideas are really meh, and they're ahead of yours...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Thanks for the support guys. So you can vote as a Canadian yes?

edit : wow some of those ideas are really meh, and they're ahead of yours...
Haha yeah I didn't want to say anything but...I mean I'm sure independent horror filmmakers could use the $250K and everything but uh...yeah.

Top Bottom