• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Mafia - Silph Co.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Team Rocket has infiltrated Silph Co., and are disguised as employees, planning to kill off the Silph workers until they overopopulate and can successfully take over the building. The possible roles would be as follows:

Silph Worker - No unique properties but can vote each day who they want to be lynched. (The Townie role)

Silph Medic - Can protect someone per day, if Team Rocket targets the person you're protecting nobody dies and you gain a hint about the assailant. (The Doctor role)

Psychic - You have two role checks, which you can use at any time to figure alliances. You might receive an inverse role check.
Blue - Townie, Red - Mafia, Green - Special (The Detective role)

Karate Man - You take two hits to kill, and gain a hint of your attacker each time. (The Veteran role)

President - The President of Silph Co, can manipulate the vote results once and only once. (The Vote Rigger role)
The President's goal is to stay alive the whole game, regardless if the Rockets outnumber him.

Team Rocket - Can kill off one person of their choice a day, non-stackable. (The Mafia role)

Silph Chemist - Starts off as a Worker but may revert over to Team Rocket. (The Mole role)

Alongside that let's get registrartion done. You must be active in order to play, otherwise I'll simply kick you out of the game.
Also, if you don't follow Spire's instructinos to this game I'll take you out as well.
Spire VII said:
Yeah, but if it get's too spammy, it's going to dgames. Make note in the OP that people need to be serious contributors to the game and that no spam is allowed at all.
Participant List
1. Roacherman
2. Riddle
3. Writer Kupo
4. Wave+
5. Sir Bedevere
6. Vrael
7. The Wrath of Koarin
8. Shimazu
9. Karthik King

Each day lasts from 9:30 AM - 9:00 PM the next day
Voting is open from 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM each day.

Voting each day would take place in this thread, and various actinos (Medics, Mafia, etc.) can be PMed to by within the time frame after voting is complete (AKA 6 - 9 PM).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Do you know where I can read how to play this, I want to learn D: And even though I don't know how to play, it should be pokemon themed.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Why is day so short? Seriously I'm one of the few people here who plays mafia, can I mod or co-mod? I think it would end up better...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Why is day so short? Seriously I'm one of the few people here who plays mafia, can I mod or co-mod? I think it would end up better...
Well, I TRIED to learn how to play it

But the rules seem so complicated. Once this gets running, I'll be sure to try out the rules again...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
/in

And Riddle's right. I've never actually played Mafia, but I know that days are supposed to be longer than that. I seem to remember each day typically being scheduled for a week or two long in length.

...I need to find that Mafia wiki thing that Riddle gave me a long time ago so I can read up on all of it again.

And the rules aren't really all that complicated.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Aside from the Wiki link, here are my own generalized terms.

A town consists of the townspeople. This would be the commoner role. A typical nobody with no particular abilities. A Mafia member is someone hiding amongst the town, and the townies don't know who the Mafia member(s) is/are. Mafia members know who the other Mafia members are.

The object of the townies is to kill all the Mafia members. They do this by voting someone to be lynched every gaame day starting after Day 1. The Mafia members' goal is to kill off as many townies as they need until they overpopulate the townies. They do this by PMing me the target they would like to kill during the night's time frame.

Receiving roles is simple. I'll send you a PM which could verse any of the following: "You are a townie! You are an unknown voice amongst today's society. You have no unique properties and can vote for someone to lynch per vote day."

"You are a Mafia! Your goal is to kill off as many townies until you overpopulate the remaining townsfolk. You are allowed one kill per night, non-stackable, and you must PM me the kill before the designated time frame."

Etc. etc.

There are unique roles for both sides as well, some examples are listed below:

Veteran - You need to be killed twice in order to die, and if the first Mafia attacks you you earn an extra clue about who he/she is.

Doctor - You can choose to protect someone each night. If they're targeted and a Mafia targets them both of you are saved. If a Mafia targets you while you're protecting someone, you die and your protectee gains a clue about your killer.

Cop - You have 3 kills that can be initated at any time, limited to one a day. Be careful, you could end up killing one of your own townsfolk!

Mole - You start off as a townie, but after a certain amount of time you are called over to become a Mafia member!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Aside from the Wiki link, here are my own generalized terms.

A town consists of the townspeople. This would be the commoner role. A typical nobody with no particular abilities. A Mafia member is someone hiding amongst the town, and the townies don't know who the Mafia member(s) is/are. Mafia members know who the other Mafia members are.

The object of the townies is to kill all the Mafia members. They do this by voting someone to be lynched every gaame day starting after Day 1. The Mafia members' goal is to kill off as many townies as they need until they overpopulate the townies. They do this by PMing me the target they would like to kill during the night's time frame.

Receiving roles is simple. I'll send you a PM which could verse any of the following: "You are a townie! You are an unknown voice amongst today's society. You have no unique properties and can vote for someone to lynch per vote day."

"You are a Mafia! Your goal is to kill off as many townies until you overpopulate the remaining townsfolk. You are allowed one kill per night, non-stackable, and you must PM me the kill before the designated time frame."

Etc. etc.

There are unique roles for both sides as well, some examples are listed below:

Veteran - You need to be killed twice in order to die, and if the first Mafia attacks you you earn an extra clue about who he/she is.

Doctor - You can choose to protect someone each night. If they're targeted and a Mafia targets them both of you are saved. If a Mafia targets you while you're protecting someone, you die and your protectee gains a clue about your killer.

Cop - You have 3 kills that can be initated at any time, limited to one a day. Be careful, you could end up killing one of your own townsfolk!

Mole - You start off as a townie, but after a certain amount of time you are called over to become a Mafia member!
Ohhhhh, NOW I know how to play. I used to play this in an MMORPG chat for prize money about 2 years ago, of course, this version seems to be more complicated as there was only one mafia member, a doctor, and a veteran.

Although it's cool how people turn this into a story though ^^b

Sign me in, now that I remember how to play this :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I want a ****ing serial killer in there somewhere.

But I don't think you'd want that for what's pretty much an introductory game.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The reason for days being short / literally days is to keep the game pace fast and upright. Longer days only gives more error against the Mafia.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'd love to play this. Count me in.
I'll try to participate as much as possible. Forgive me if I forget a couple of days.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Time rules will be strict. Everyone is expected to vote per day (you can choose to abstain) and if you didn't vote for the day you will be killed, which only benefits the Mafia.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've played in well over 40 forum Mafia games. In.

I'll have to warn you all that I might be using some strange lingo.

Will there be a formal sign-up post with information? Like is role and / or affiliation revealed upon death? Are we allowed to PM? Are we allowed to roleclaim? Quote PMs? PMs from everyone or GM? Night zero? Is no vote allowed? No lynch?

Also, my Pokémon-themed Mafia was chocolate (meaning all players ad roles) had all the players be a Pokémon. I'd prefer a Pokémon-themed Mafia, no matter what you make the flavor.
Forgive me if I forget a couple of days.
DO NOT PLAY.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
We're the PC. If it's not Pokemon-themed, then it shouldn't even be in here.

Imo.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'll be on vacation from I think the 12th to the 19th of June.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I play Smogon mafia which is supposedly a lot me different, but have also played one basic mafia game.

The fact that days are actually "days" annoys me a little. I would rather it be 24 hours for a day and 24 hours for night, but if that takes too long, then that's fine.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
*Sigh* Without at least 10 people we can't even play the game, anyways.

If we do get 10 people, if everyone plays well it should only take a matter of game days.
I just headed a Mafia game of 11 people and it was over after 4 game days so yeah.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think 15-20 players would be ideal, since many of us don't frequently play Mafia.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm in. And just so you know, the smashboards standard is two weeks per day.
WHAT THE **** DO YOU DO IN THOSE TWO WEEKS.

Seriously, I don't see any advantage over a game where one day-night cycle is 24 hours.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm in. And just so you know, the smashboards standard is two weeks per day.
**** this is incredibly long.

I would prefer something much shorter. Perhaps a week? I mean, there are like 30 people in this forum at once. I don't think that it should take that long for a day really...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yet we only have like 7 right now. =.=

Keeping the days short is better. Two weeks is just stupid, no offense.
Every single online Mafia game I've played with these time intervals turned out great games no matter how many people were playing.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Every single game I've played with the two week interval was fun too. And the two week day gives you time to actually scumhunt.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. Successfully finding scum everyday is impossible in a Mafia game.

2. 24 hours. People sleep at night in-game and real-life, so night is only like 30 minutes while the GM processes actions.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Two week days are just ridiculous, and would end up taking the whole summer just to play one game.

In fact, I've already started a 2nd Mafia game on a RP form I frequent and we're already on Day 2.

Riddle

Smash Lord
1. Successfully finding scum everyday is impossible in a Mafia game.

2. 24 hours. People sleep at night in-game and real-life, so night is only like 30 minutes while the GM processes actions.
1) True but it seems to me that it'd be a lot harder to catch scum.

2) current day is 11.5 hours with voting open for 8.5 hours.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1) True but it seems to me that it'd be a lot harder to catch scum.

2) current day is 11.5 hours with voting open for 8.5 hours.
Why can't you vote during those 3 hours? That's just silly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jarmo said:
My experience talking to other forum players is that a lot of them like to play but can't commit the time to check every day. It's more casual and they can check less frequently and play as in depth as we think we do.

Basically we're bigger nerds than them and make time for our nerdom every day.
I'll go with that.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Every single game I've played with the two week interval was fun too. And the two week day gives you time to actually scumhunt.
This. You can't do anything in one day on a forum. Especially with people in different time zones.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'd like to /in if possible. I'm not a huge contributor in here, but I'm always up for some Mafia.

Also 24 hour days or whatever is kind of ridiculous. That gives scum a massive advantage, they can lurk really easily.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Hi guys,

We have an entire room devoted to playing games like mafia. It's called Decisive Games (it's within Forum Games) and you can find it here:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Because there are a lot of people who want to host their own mafia game, there's a signup list in there that you typically need to wait on before you can post a new game of your own. If you want to host a game that will consist of mostly Poke Center users who aren't playing a game in Decisive Games now though, you should be able to request to be able to host a private game, which essentially lets you jump the queue and start your game immediately so long as you already have your players (and they commit to not letting your game adversely affect their activity in other games they may already be playing, but if they're not playing any obviously that's not an issue). I'm afraid we can't allow mafia games to take place in a public room like this though since we do have Decisive Games.

Thanks. (I'm going to leave this open for now because I don't think I see a problem with inviting new players to start visiting Decisive Games, although other mods might disagree. In any event, you can't host your own game in this room.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom